Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
com6063

Democrats urge Congress to take action on 'appalling rates of poverty'

118 posts in this topic

An excerpt:

Bernie Sanders and a group of top Democrats are calling on the Trump administration to present a plan to Congress to combat “massive levels of deprivation and the immense suffering this deprivation causes”, following an excoriating United Nations report into extreme poverty in America.

They stand ready, the signatories say, to work with the Trump administration “to address appalling rates of child poverty, destructive economic policies that benefit the wealthy over the working poor … and lack of access to basic necessities in rural and underserved communities”.

As you may know I care about children and it tears me up to think of homeless children in America. I know that finger pointing and accusations will probably ensue but there really no excuse for homelessness in the richest nation on earth. :(

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/12/democrats-poverty-calls-congress-us-rates-statistics

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, com6063 said:

An excerpt:

Bernie Sanders and a group of top Democrats are calling on the Trump administration to present a plan to Congress to combat “massive levels of deprivation and the immense suffering this deprivation causes”, following an excoriating United Nations report into extreme poverty in America.

They stand ready, the signatories say, to work with the Trump administration “to address appalling rates of child poverty, destructive economic policies that benefit the wealthy over the working poor … and lack of access to basic necessities in rural and underserved communities”.

As you may know I care about children and it tears me up to think of homeless children in America. I know that finger pointing and accusations will probably ensue but there really no excuse for homelessness in the richest nation on earth. :(

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/12/democrats-poverty-calls-congress-us-rates-statistics

 

as a trump supporter you should know you get the good with the bad....

getting that out of the way, I agree with you that the situation is appalling, however the current administration is hell bent on making sure the poor suffer and they do it with the help and support of those who claim to be Christians.....you may not like it, but the truth is the right only cares about the unborn, after that, you are on your own.....

quite the ethical and moral dilemma when it comes to bringing kids in to the world who are going to suffer through no fault of their own.....

the mighty corporations must get their money before anyone else

Edited by can you hear me now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, can you hear me now! said:

as a trump supporter you should know you get the good with the bad....

 

I did not vote for Trump. Thank you for expressing your thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, com6063 said:

I did not vote for Trump. Thank you for expressing your thoughts.

sure you didn't......

want to address the ethical and moral dilemma I put before you.......you know the one where those professing to be pro-life stop caring after the birth of a child....if it tears you apart that kids live in poverty you ought to be able to explain your pro-life position .... the one that dooms certain children to poverty.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

45 minutes ago, com6063 said:

An excerpt:

Bernie Sanders and a group of top Democrats are calling on the Trump administration to present a plan to Congress to combat “massive levels of deprivation and the immense suffering this deprivation causes”, following an excoriating United Nations report into extreme poverty in America.

They stand ready, the signatories say, to work with the Trump administration “to address appalling rates of child poverty, destructive economic policies that benefit the wealthy over the working poor … and lack of access to basic necessities in rural and underserved communities”.

As you may know I care about children and it tears me up to think of homeless children in America. I know that finger pointing and accusations will probably ensue but there really no excuse for homelessness in the richest nation on earth. :(

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/12/democrats-poverty-calls-congress-us-rates-statistics

 

 

If you voted for or support Trump you are complicit.

 

You support him daily on here.

 

 

 

Edited by songfourone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, can you hear me now! said:

sure you didn't......

want to address the ethical and moral dilemma I put before you.......you know the one where those professing to be pro-life stop caring after the birth of a child....if it tears you apart that kids live in poverty you ought to be able to explain your pro-life position .... the one that dooms certain children to poverty.....

Pro death dooms children to death. Enjoy your night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I predicted! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. End discrimination / General racism

2. Limit the amount of immigrants entering this country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, com6063 said:

Pro death dooms children to death. Enjoy your night.

nice dodge.....didn't think you'd want to answer the question....the debate is a little too deep for you....

complaining about a situation you contribute to is known as hypocrisy....think about it......

had you paid attention to previous posts, you'd know I am anti-abortion, just not in to forcing my views on others....the whole thing about God doing the judging, not the hypocrits who wrap themselves in the bible....people make choices...

Edited by can you hear me now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, com6063 said:

Pro death dooms children to death. Enjoy your night.

Over several trials, this concludes that around 70% of all zygotes fail to be carried to term. There has been very little action by conservatives to defend against what must be an appalling source of infant death.

Due to all those zygotes that get fertilized but fail to implant, women in Virginia will probably need to go to the sheriff's office to get their tampons examined, as the zygote now has the rights of an adult there.[4]

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Spontaneous_abortion_in_humans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, com6063 said:

An excerpt:

Bernie Sanders and a group of top Democrats are calling on the Trump administration to present a plan to Congress to combat “massive levels of deprivation and the immense suffering this deprivation causes”, following an excoriating United Nations report into extreme poverty in America.

They stand ready, the signatories say, to work with the Trump administration “to address appalling rates of child poverty, destructive economic policies that benefit the wealthy over the working poor … and lack of access to basic necessities in rural and underserved communities”.

As you may know I care about children and it tears me up to think of homeless children in America. I know that finger pointing and accusations will probably ensue but there really no excuse for homelessness in the richest nation on earth. :(

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/12/democrats-poverty-calls-congress-us-rates-statistics

 

Agree. We routinely put the welfare of children behind other interests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, can you hear me now! said:

nice dodge.....didn't think you'd want to answer the question....the debate is a little to deep for you....

complaining about a situation you contribute to is known as hypocrisy....think about it......

I"m pro life; abortion is murder. Do anything to save the babies, including raise taxes, etc. Whatever it takes. You are so predictable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, songfourone said:

Over several trials, this concludes that around 70% of all zygotes fail to be carried to term. There has been very little action by conservatives to defend against what must be an appalling source of infant death.

Due to all those zygotes that get fertilized but fail to implant, women in Virginia will probably need to go to the sheriff's office to get their tampons examined, as the zygote now has the rights of an adult there.[4]

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Spontaneous_abortion_in_humans

As I said, "so predictable."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, com6063 said:

I"m pro life; abortion is murder. Do anything to save the babies, including raise taxes, etc. Whatever it takes. You are so predictable.

no I am not predictable...I just recognize the hypocrisy on your part....

as a conservative you should know that raising taxes is out of the question and cutting the social safety net is the goal....again, your conflicted positions are your problem, not mine...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, can you hear me now! said:

no I am not predictable...I just recognize the hypocrisy on your part....

as a conservative you should know that raising taxes is out of the question and cutting the social safety net is the goal....again, your conflicted positions are your problem, not mine...

Raise taxes to save the unborn. I will gladly pay them to save murdered babies.

Sounds like you are the hypocrite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Agree. We routinely put the welfare of children behind other interests.

Yes, thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, com6063 said:

Raise taxes to save the unborn. I will gladly pay them to save murdered babies.

Sounds like you are the hypocrite.

pointing out the conservative position does not make me a hypocrite...because I ain't one...however, you are and I was pointing out how you cannot have it both ways....

while you are willing to pay more taxes to help with the problem (very commendable) you will continue to vote for conservatives even though they totally oppose your view when it comes to taxes and how to take care of children living in poverty.......

 

Edited by can you hear me now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, com6063 said:

As I said, "so predictable."

 

That doesn’t address my post.

Are you unable to address my post?

It would appear you can’t.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, can you hear me now! said:

 you will continue to vote for conservatives even though they totally oppose your view when it comes to taxes and how to take care of children living in poverty.......

 

For the second time I did NOT vote for Trump. However, I don't vote for anyone unless they are pro life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, songfourone said:

 

That doesn’t address my post.

Are you unable to address my post?

It would appear you can’t.

 

 

Because your post has nothing to do with the topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, com6063 said:

Because your post has nothing to do with the topic.

 

23 minutes ago, com6063 said:

Pro death dooms children to death. Enjoy your night.

 

18 minutes ago, com6063 said:

I"m pro life; abortion is murder. Do anything to save the babies, including raise taxes, etc. Whatever it takes. You are so predictable.

 

14 minutes ago, com6063 said:

Raise taxes to save the unborn. I will gladly pay them to save murdered babies.

Sounds like you are the hypocrite.

 

2 minutes ago, com6063 said:

For the second time I did NOT vote for Trump. However, I don't vote for anyone unless they are pro life.

 

Ooooooookay........

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, com6063 said:

For the second time I did NOT vote for Trump. However, I don't vote for anyone unless they are pro life.

then you accept that you are consciously making a decision to contribute to the problem....take a moment and ask yourself why the poverty level bothers you so much that you started this thread but yet you choose to vote for people set on making the problem worse.....

my question to you is very relevant and as I said, you aren't capable of defending your conflicting views.....

I wish you well on your travels through life with blinders on....you are entitled to that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, can you hear me now! said:

sure you didn't......

want to address the ethical and moral dilemma I put before you.......you know the one where those professing to be pro-life stop caring after the birth of a child....if it tears you apart that kids live in poverty you ought to be able to explain your pro-life position .... the one that dooms certain children to poverty.....

Good luck with that. You'll get the standard God Squad response which doesn't address poverty in any way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like neither Democrats or Republicans have any answers. Sad. Carry on with your finger pointing! So predictable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, com6063 said:

Seems like neither Democrats or Republicans have any answers. Sad. Carry on with your finger pointing! So predictable.

you are wrong....but carry on....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0