Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
com6063

Democrats urge Congress to take action on 'appalling rates of poverty'

118 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, com6063 said:

Seems like neither Democrats or Republicans have any answers. Sad. Carry on with your finger pointing! So predictable.

That isn’t wine, it’s koolaid.

;)

1 hour ago, can you hear me now! said:

as a trump supporter you should know you get the good with the bad....

getting that out of the way, I agree with you that the situation is appalling, however the current administration is hell bent on making sure the poor suffer and they do it with the help and support of those who claim to be Christians.....you may not like it, but the truth is the right only cares about the unborn, after that, you are on your own.....

quite the ethical and moral dilemma when it comes to bringing kids in to the world who are going to suffer through no fault of their own.....

the mighty corporations must get their money before anyone else

There is no moral dilemma; if kids are homeless or going to bed hungry, there is only moral failure.  But killing them in the womb is not the resolution to the moral failure.

Just now, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

There is no moral dilemma; if kids are homeless or going to bed hungry, there is only moral failure.  But killing them in the womb is not the resolution to the moral failure.

so who is responsible for the moral failure and who is responsible for fixing the failure? and in the meantime, how do you stop the problem while people say it's not up to them to fix the problem?......

as i said, I am anti-abortion, however, people, by benefit of having free will, get to make their own decisions and the consequences are on them.....

Just now, can you hear me now! said:

so who is responsible for the moral failure and who is responsible for fixing the failure? and in the meantime, how do you stop the problem while people say it's not up to them to fix the problem?......

as i said, I am anti-abortion, however, people, by benefit of having free will, get to make their own decisions and the consequences are on them.....

To the first question, we, each of us are responsible for the failure in a thousand small ways every day.  And we are responsible for fixing it.  Every time we make a decision to help others only from our excess, after both our own wants and needs are filled, we fail.

Pro-choice is not anti-abortion; there exists no moral right to take a life, other than in self-defense.

To the first question, we, each of us are responsible for the failure in a thousand small ways every day.  And we are responsible for fixing it.  Every time we make a decision to help others only from our excess, after both our own wants and needs are filled, we fail.

Pro-choice is not anti-abortion; there exists no moral right to take a life, other than in self-defense.

what is it with you and wanting to put people in a box of your choosing.....

nice eloquent answer but not very practical....the suffering continues....

Just now, can you hear me now! said:

what is it with you and wanting to put people in a box of your choosing.....

nice eloquent answer but not very practical....the suffering continues....

The second makes no sense.

As to the first, what is it with you and wanting to put fetuses in a medical waste bag?

1 hour ago, can you hear me now! said:

sure you didn't......

want to address the ethical and moral dilemma I put before you.......you know the one where those professing to be pro-life stop caring after the birth of a child....if it tears you apart that kids live in poverty you ought to be able to explain your pro-life position .... the one that dooms certain children to poverty.....

You equate caring with giving politicians more money to dole out as they please in order to get elected. In reality it is your mental weakness that creates and sustains poverty while you point the fingers at others and accept zero responsibility. 

1 minute ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

The second makes no sense.

As to the first, what is it with you and wanting to put fetuses in a medical waste bag?

I don't....however, if others do, that's on them, not me.....you seem to have an issue with that....

you answer about fixing the problem was very eloquent, however, it lacked any practicality.....

2 minutes ago, Lombardi6 said:

You equate caring with giving politicians more money to dole out as they please in order to get elected. In reality it is your mental weakness that creates and sustains poverty while you point the fingers at others and accept zero responsibility. 

wrong.....but keep trying.....mentally weak? that's funny coming from  you.....

look up the word plutocracy.....that's the country we live in......the only people doling out money are the plurocrats buying their favorite congresscritter to ensure the 1% have everything....

1 minute ago, can you hear me now! said:

wrong.....but keep trying.....mentally weak? that's funny coming from  you.....

look up the word plutocracy.....that's the country we live in......the only people doling out money are the plurocrats buying their favorite congresscritter to ensure the 1% have everything....

Your entire philosophy is to give more money and power to the corrupt congress critters you speak of. Brilliant!

1 minute ago, can you hear me now! said:

I don't....however, if others do, that's on them, not me.....you seem to have an issue with that....

you answer about fixing the problem was very eloquent, however, it lacked any practicality.....

You cannot sanction a supposed right to choose and then deny responsibility for the choice.

As to the second, I don’t know if there is a practical answer because it is not a practical question; it’s a moral question and moral questions compel moral answers.   Until we begin to choose even strangers over ourselves, we will have the poor and the homeless among us.  When Christ told the Apostles we would always have the poor among us, it wasn’t a prediction; it was a condemnation of our eternal greed.

You cannot sanction a supposed right to choose and then deny responsibility for the choice.

As to the second, I don’t know if there is a practical answer because it is not a practical question; it’s a moral question and moral questions compel moral answers.   Until we begin to choose even strangers over ourselves, we will have the poor and the homeless among us.  When Christ told the Apostles we would always have the poor among us, it wasn’t a prediction; it was a condemnation of our eternal greed.

actually you can....unless you think everyone is responsible for everyone's actions....you model the behavior you want by acting in accordance with the desired model....I have never had a spouse/gf/so/daughter/granddaughter seek a an abortion....what else would you like? I think that is setting the example....agreed?

the rest of what you posted is something we agree on 100%.... but we live in an "I got mine, screw you" country at the moment.....that starts at the top and works its way down....

7 hours ago, can you hear me now! said:

happiness is ---> You've chosen to ignore content by Lombardi6

Good call. It's your only option.

9 hours ago, Lombardi6 said:

Your entire philosophy is to give more money and power to the corrupt congress critters you speak of. Brilliant!

Why hasn't decades of tax cuts for the wealthy trickled down to address poverty?  :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, com6063 said:

Seems like neither Democrats or Republicans have any answers. Sad. Carry on with your finger pointing! So predictable.

What's your solution? Perhaps your church should be solving the poverty problem.

3 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

What's your solution? Perhaps your church should be solving the poverty problem.

I believe the Christian Right's solution is:

1. No abortion
  2. No birth control
  3. Tax cuts, especially for the wealthy
  4. Blame the poor for their bad decisions

9 hours ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

The Supreme Court disagrees on two fronts.

9 hours ago, can you hear me now! said:

(1) actually you can....unless you think everyone is responsible for everyone's actions....you model the behavior you want by acting in accordance with the desired model....I have never had a spouse/gf/so/daughter/granddaughter seek a an abortion....what else would you like? I think that is setting the example....agreed?

(2) the rest of what you posted is something we agree on 100%.... but we live in an "I got mine, screw you" country at the moment.....that starts at the top and works its way down....

(1) then why do you seek to hold those who oppose abortion responsible for the lives that are not ended in the womb?  The fact is that we are all responsible for each other and until we remember that, we are well and truly screwed.

(2) We have lived in an “I got mine, screw you” country since about 1965, well before anything even close to “at the moment”.  And it doesn’t start at the top, it starts with us.  The “top” is the result of our choices.

10 hours ago, com6063 said:

For the second time I did NOT vote for Trump. However, I don't vote for anyone unless they are pro life.

Psssst.... who you voted for doesn’t matter to them. It’s a straw man, intended to get you to defend a position you don’t hold to begin with. 

9 hours ago, Lombardi6 said:

Great post! 👍

10 hours ago, Lombardi6 said:

This is the biggest pile of steaming poultry litter I've seen yet today.  Nothing but a personal attack masquerading as an 'astute' observation.

Actually, that's about all your posts do.... ever.