Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boink

Meeting for coffee at Montgomery mall ends in stabbing

157 posts in this topic

At Nordstrom's...getting a cup of joe is getting risky

Meeting for coffee at Montgomery mall ends in stabbing

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/restaurant-meeting-at-montgomery-mall-ends-in-stabbing/2018/06/10/348ba884-6d02-11e8-afd5-778aca903bbe_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.fa880f23564b

Police in Montgomery County charged a 32-year-old man with attempted murder after they say he met an acquaintance for coffee at a shopping mall in Bethesda on Sunday and ended up stabbing him in the torso. 

The victim, 37, was critically hurt and underwent surgery. His condition had stabilized by Monday morning, police said. A more exact prognosis couldn’t be learned.

According to police, the two met for coffee at the Nordstrom at the Westfield Montgomery mall.

Hmmmmm ….maybe that was the similar reason for the Philly Starbucks issue. ;):D

8 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

:confused::confused::confused:

Do I even wanna know?

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

11 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

:confused::confused::confused:

Do I even wanna know?

5 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Someone got ripped on a drug deal?

There is your answer PIckle.

It is called predictive cause. 

I can spell it out for you if you wish. 

But here is a hint ...quack quack. 

And people worry about ducks. 

Got it. 

Now is that right ….nope. But it is what it is. 

Edited by Guido2

6 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Someone got ripped on a drug deal?

Nah.... they didn't like the name written on the cup. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

There is your answer PIckle.

It is called predictive cause. 

I can spell it out for you if you wish. 

But here is a hint ...quack quack. 

And people worry about ducks. 

Got it. 

Now is that right ….nope. But it is what it is. 

So you think the guys in Philly were meeting about drugs?

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

So you think the guys in Philly were meeting about drugs?

Nope.

Not saying that. I am just saying that in this day and age that like it or not. Aside from the fact that one wanted to use the bathroom without buying anything the parallel is undeniable. 

It is an unfortunate truism that can't be denied.

Now, like it or not. As a store owner and knowing what is known in general. Does one say 'Ok just a couple of black guys hanging out not buying anything and that's ok'. Or does one hedge there bets and call the cops?

Hard cold fact of life. 

Dial 911 and live....or...……………………………...

None of these 'guys' wear a 'Hey I am a certified Good Guy'.  

Edited by Guido2

3 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Nope.

Not saying that. I am just saying that in this day and age that like it or not. Aside from the fact that one wanted to use the bathroom without buying anything the parallel is undeniable. 

It is an unfortunate truism that can't be denied.

Now, like it or not. As a store owner and knowing what is known in general. Does one say 'Ok just a couple of black guys hanging out not buying anything and that's ok'. Or does one hedge there bets and call the cops?

Hard cold fact of life. 

Dial 911 and live....or...……………………………...

No? Then what did this mean?

The unbolded part I am not even going to legitimize with a response. More wacko Gweedoese.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

The unbolded part I am not even going to legitimize with a response. More wacko Gweedoese.

I guess you stopped at the bolded part.

If you can't read further and can't discern my point. Then I can't ...nor do I care to help you. 

Ohhh just thought I let you know...you violated TOS

Again. 

Edited by Guido2

3 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

If you can't read further and can't discern my point. Then I can't ...nor do I care to help you. 

So you're perfectly fine with racial profiling, then. I already knew that, but it's good to have it reinforced. Got it.

4 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Sorry I am so sorry...that you can't keep up with anything outside your narrative and agenda.

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Ohhh just thought I let you know...you violated TOS

Again. 

Liar. You posted that before there was any talk of thinking the men in the Nordstrom were drug dealers. You alluded to the Philly Starbucks guys as being drug dealers. You cant spin your way out of this with Gweedoese.

Edited by Pickle20

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

So you're perfectly fine with racial profiling, then. I already knew that, but it's good to have it reinforced. Got it.

No I am not happy with racial profiling...I am happy with profiling. Now if you can take off your BCDNW glasses I will explain. 

Look at this map.   You remember it I am sure.....https://demographics.virginia.edu/DotMap/

OK so you see what I see. Look at the racial densities. 

Now...close your eyes and ponder this. Move to the mid west....the blue area....the white area. Now think, a guy on a big bike with tats walks in then another guy walks into a Starbucks ;) and plops down. Doesn't buy anything just wants to use the john,

Now don't you think that the tatted scruffy bikers might also be a concern to the Starbucks manager?

It's just two guys like the other two guys...but ..both are mentally being profiled as a potential problem. 

Do you see the parallel? 

I await your hopefully honest answer. 

PS here is a legend

Eastern young black males = mid western white bikers. 

Edited by Guido2

5 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

No I am not happy with racial profiling...I am happy with profiling. Now if you can take off your BCDNW glasses I will explain. 

Look at this map.   You remember it I am sure.....https://demographics.virginia.edu/DotMap/

OK so you see what I see. Look at the racial densities. 

Now...close your eyes and ponder this. Move to the mid west....the blue area....the white area. Now think, a guy on a big bike with tats walks in then another guy walks into a Starbucks ;) and plops down. And another tat guy walks in and plops down. Doesn't buy anything just wants to use the john,

Now don't you think that the tatted scruffy bikers might also be a concern to the Starbucks manager?

Do you see the parallel? 

I await your hopefully honest answer. 

No and no.

Profiling is wrong in any form or fashion. And you're OK with it. Like I said, not surprising since many of your posts drip with profiling in one form or another, including racial profiling.

Because of the actions of a [racist] Starbucks manager this has become an issue. The gentlemen who walked into that store did nothing wrong. Now all Starbucks allow people to hang out and use the bathroom whether they buy a coffee or not. It's been over a month, the world hasn't ended. So those bikers wouldn't raise any alarms unless they did something to raise alarms. 

The black gentlemen had the cops called on them within 2 mins. 120 seconds.

And can't a tattooed biker just walk into a Starbucks to buy a dang coffee without getting crap for it? How fast should they buy one? Can they check their email first? What if they really have to go use the john? Why you gotta be profilin'?

Sheesh.

38 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

No and no.

Profiling is wrong in any form or fashion. And you're OK with it. Like I said, not surprising since many of your posts drip with profiling in one form or another, including racial profiling.

Because of the actions of a [racist] Starbucks manager this has become an issue. The gentlemen who walked into that store did nothing wrong. Now all Starbucks allow people to hang out and use the bathroom whether they buy a coffee or not. It's been over a month, the world hasn't ended. So those bikers wouldn't raise any alarms unless they did something to raise alarms. 

The black gentlemen had the cops called on them within 2 mins. 120 seconds.

And can't a tattooed biker just walk into a Starbucks to buy a dang coffee without getting crap for it? How fast should they buy one? Can they check their email first? What if they really have to go use the john? Why you gotta be profilin'?

Sheesh.

Ok, so based on what you are saying.

I assume your are against the city deploying extra cops and such to areas that statistically are known to be 'hot spots'. Profiling is it not? Or are they working with statistical probability?

I don't know the exact name now assigned to it  .. but the last disgraced Commissioner (and some previous) were all hot about deployment of assets based on the fact that stuff happens in a give statistical area. Is that profiling or a just a common sense reaction?

Well I guess it depends on your viewpoint. 

Not so strangely the deployment was to areas that were ….guess what ...predominantly black.

I would wager that in areas that have the resources and  are in white bread mid west...guess what...they send the assets to....white areas. WHERE THE CRIME IS. 

So ..if  criminal issues are associated with black people through statistics...then is considered profiling. And criminal issues is associated with white people through statistics is not profiling. Other than a label ...tell me the difference. 

I don't like or embrace biker gangs..... but I don't hear them whining about 'profiling'. 

So...you are a smart man ...and I mean that. 

Please tell me....what differentiates between 'statistical probability' and 'profiling'? I would really like to understand the differentiation between the two ….other than a label that has been assigned. 

Thanks. 

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Ok, so based on what you are saying.

I assume your are against the city deploying extra cops and such to areas that statistically are known to be 'hot spots'. Profiling is it not? Or are they working with statistical probability?

I don't know the exact name now assigned to it  .. but the last disgraced Commissioner (and some previous) were all hot about deployment of assets based on the fact that stuff happens in a give statistical area. Is that profiling or a just a common sense reaction?

Well I guess it depends on your viewpoint. 

Not so strangely the deployment was to areas that were ….guess what ...predominantly black.

I would wager that in areas that have the resources and  are in white bread mid west...guess what...they send the assets to....white areas. WHERE THE CRIME IS. 

So ..if  criminal issues are associated with black people through statistics...then is considered profiling. And criminal issues is associated with white people through statistics is not profiling. Other than a label ...tell me the difference. 

I don't like or embrace biker gangs..... but I don't hear them whining about 'profiling'. 

So...you are a smart man ...and I mean that. 

Please tell me....what differentiates between 'statistical probability' and 'profiling'? I would really like to understand the differentiation between the two ….other than a label that has been assigned. 

Thanks. 

Yes. When you have stats, numbers and proof of a pattern, especially when it's geographic -- ie, neighborhoods, its not profiling. Did you really need me to explain that to you? A "former" IT technician and police officer?

Edited by Pickle20

Anyway.... I swear I never used to hear anything about Montgomery County.  Now is seems like crime is just spiking in that county. 

55 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Yes. When you have stats, numbers and proof of a pattern, especially when it's geographic -- ie, neighborhoods, its not profiling. Did you really need me to explain that to you? A "former" IT technician and police officer?

You forgot math teacher, among others.

49 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

No … I just needed  you to acknowledge that. 

Now step two...…

Don't; you think that even the average citizen is as aware of the same base numbers that you pointed out?

So......is the only differencing factor is one label has a badge and a gun and the other not and which ax grinder decides which term..... profiling and statistical analysis allowed to be applied?

3 hours ago, Cowboyz said:

Anyway.... I swear I never used to hear anything about Montgomery County.  Now is seems like crime is just spiking in that county. 

Its Baker policing ......

4 hours ago, Cowboyz said:

You haven’t been paying attention. 

4 hours ago, Guido2 said:

No … I just needed  you to acknowledge that. 

Now step two...…

Don't; you think that even the average citizen is as aware of the same base numbers that you pointed out?

So......is the only differencing factor is one label has a badge and a gun and the other not and which ax grinder decides which term..... profiling and statistical analysis allowed to be applied?

As usual, you lost me. No idea what you’re trying to say. 

For an IT person, former cop and math teacher you sure don’t write very clearly. Did that cause issues for you in your former “professions”?

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

As usual, you lost me. No idea what you’re trying to say. 

For an IT person, former cop and math teacher you sure don’t write very clearly. Did that cause issues for you in your former “professions”?

Let me dummy it down for you, 

From what you said previously you agree with me that it seems that the only difference between 'profiling' and 'strategic distribution of assets to known criminal areas based on statistical analysis is the following;

In the first case is a citizen, eyeballing the paper, noting addresses, race and so on and based on that has an idea where and who the problems are. But when they do that it is profiling.

On the other hand if the police do essentially the same thing as a citizen except more in depth but with pretty much same base points. Well to some that is statistical deployment (or what ever fancy term label they are using this week...this week it is 'hot spots' I think). But some will also say it is 'profiling'. 

So what is the line of demarcation between profiling or statistical assessment?  I say there is none....the only difference is the label  that is applied and in what context.

That is what I guess I was not clearly getting across. 

What I find amusing is that you and a handful of people that I disagree with always seem to have difficulty understanding my posts. Those few that are still allowed to post here that do agree with my posts seem to have no problem. Why is that? :rolleyes: Selective stupidity or selective intelligence? 😆

BTW....when I was an IT person I was being paid and the quality of my work mattered. I am not getting paid here.

Other than I have some insight that you don't about police work, I fail to see how that impacts my writing. And no I didn't teach math. I taught cybersecurity, web design and coding IOW IT classes. 

BTW I am 👀 @ U right now....wave at the mini-cam on your laptop/cell ...can't tell from the IP relays. 

Hi Pickle. :D

You really should turn that off. If that is too high tech a piece of masking tape will do. 

Edited by Guido2

5 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Let me dummy it down for you, 

From what you said previously you agree with me that it seems that the only difference between 'profiling' and 'strategic distribution of assets to known criminal areas based on statistical analysis is this.

In the first case is a citizen, eyeballing the paper, noting addresses, race and so on and based on that has an idea where and who the problems are. But when they do that it is profiling.

On the other hand if the police do essentially the same thing as a citizen except more in depth but with pretty much same base points. Well to some that is statistical deployment (or what ever fancy term label they are using this week...this week it is 'hot spots' I think).

So what is the line of demarcation between profiling or statistical assessment?  I say there is none....the only difference is the table that is applied and in what context.

That is what I guess I was not clearly getting across. 

What I find amusing is that you and a handful of people that I disagree with always seem to have difficulty understanding my posts. Those few that are still allowed to post here that do agree with my posts seem to have no problem. Why is that? :rolleyes:

BTW....when I was an IT person I was being paid and the quality of my work mattered. I am not getting paid here.

Other than I have some insight that you don't about police work, I fail to see how that impacts my writing. And no I didn't teach math. I taught cybersecurity, web design and coding IOW IT classes. 

BTW I am 👀 @ U right now....wave at the mini-cam on your laptop. . 

Hi Pickle. :D

You really should turn that off. If that is too high tech a piece of masking tape will do. 

What don't you get?

Profiling is pulling someone for "driving while black". Or thinking a middle-eastern person is a terrorist. Doesn't matter if a cop or a civilian does it. It's wrong.

Police focusing on high crime areas is not profiling.

You're just trying to justify your own biases and prejudices. I don't care what you think when reading the paper. "Oh look another black boy committed a crime in Baltimore. What a surprise". Do what feels good to you...whatever helps you sleep at night. Just don't try to blow smoke up our butt about your agendas and motivations. They are what they are. It's pretty obvious.

And about your writing and the difficulty understanding it. How about you just say what you feel in the least amount of words possible. Cut to the chase. Try that on for size.