Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marshan Man

Ben Jealous for governor

154 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

You do realize that MOM could run again according to MD code. 

Hmmmm wonder why he didn't? :D

The word 'snowball' comes to mind so does 'winning'.

Shame.... if he came back and won he could get the Red Line ...right on track ;) again. Just in time for Hogan to take the next term.  

Why would MOM want to be governor again??  Why would anyone want MOM to be governor again? WTH does this have to do with anything?? You say the dumbest things...

Just now, Dystopia said:

I think it would be interesting to have Hogan run vs. a far left nut....the race wouldn't be close, but it would be kind of interesting. I think Hogan wins no matter what (short of him killing a puppy or something). 

A very smart, pragmatic, well prepared far left nut... :) 

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, caliber45 said:

Some people like mm fall for that half-black, half-white bs. Jealous' own ad points out this.

Wow. Some people like you have deep seated racial issues. Why are you attacking Jealous' racial background? We know why you vote republican. :rolleyes: 

Edited by Marshan Man

3 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

A very smart, pragmatic, well prepared far left nut... :) 

I get the sense that since Hogan is the heavy favorite for re-election some think we might as well nominate a Far Left Dem instead of a moderate. 

That is one way of looking at it. I prefer to nominate the candidate who has the best chance in the General election just in case Hogan for some reason screws up before November...

12 minutes ago, caliber45 said:

Some people like mm fall for that half-black, half-white bs. Jealous' own ad points out this.

They only pay attention to the half-black thing.

20 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Question; Can you name any state that is more progressive than MD...besides California...Maybe NY?

If it was then Jealous wouldn't be trailing Baker in the latest polls.

12 minutes ago, Dystopia said:

I think it would be interesting to have Hogan run vs. a far left nut....the race wouldn't be close, but it would be kind of interesting. I think Hogan wins no matter what (short of him killing a puppy or something). 

I understand he just adopted two. 

3 minutes ago, soulflower said:

I prefer to nominate the candidate who has the best chance in the General election just in case Hogan for some reason screws up before November...

Me too. Nominating the farthest-left candidate, rather than the most electable, seems like an admission of impending defeat.

12 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Why would MOM want to be governor again??  The man needs a job? Why would anyone want MOM to be governor again? You of all people ask that question to bring back and actually but a shovel in the ground for the Red Line.  WTH does this have to do with anything??  Everything. You say the dumbest things...save keystrokes...it is pretty much an assumption that you will say that. 

Sorry for the edit of your quote but it is all the rage and it is easier. 

Real question is why didn't he....answer.... he would probably get absolutely trashed. 

9 minutes ago, soulflower said:

I get the sense that since Hogan is the heavy favorite for re-election some think we might as well nominate a Far Left Dem instead of a moderate. 

That is one way of looking at it. I prefer to nominate the candidate who has the best chance in the General election just in case Hogan for some reason screws up before November...

I don't think Baker has the best chance. he's boring, can't energize youth, and he's too tied to MOM. They'll beat us over the head with images of MOM and Baker together. 

Just now, Guido2 said:

Sorry for the edit of your quote but it is all the rage and it is easier. 

Real question is why didn't he....answer.... he would probably get absolutely trashed. 

He probably would get trashed. I certainly wouldn't vote for him. You saw how popular he was in '16...

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

They only pay attention to the half-black thing.

Who is "they"? The two guys that brought it up on this thread., and that would be you and caliber?? :rolleyes: 

Edited by Marshan Man

6 minutes ago, regularguy said:

Me too. Nominating the farthest-left candidate, rather than the most electable, seems like an admission of impending defeat.

Baker is not the most electable.  Sounds more like you want the weakest competition for Hogan. 

4 minutes ago, regularguy said:

As crazy as it sounds. I am am actually spending some time evaluating the dem candidates and trying to make a sound and logical choice for the dem contender. 

Reason; If by some off chance a dem wins the general. I can either feel somewhat good if the candidate I picked was the 'best option'. And if someone like Jealous wins … I can go ahead and have all sorts of fun ragging on those that did vote for him as he sprirals MD further down the lib/dem/progressive rat hole. 

Win win for me. 

Primary for me ??????  General, Hogan. Just sooossss yah knowssss. 

2 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

I don't think Baker has the best chance. he's boring, can't energize youth, and he's too tied to MOM. They'll beat us over the head with images of MOM and Baker together. 

Baker/Shea/Madaleno seem to be the best General Election candidates. Jealous will get blown out just like Bernie did in the MD 2016 primary.

Baker doesn’t seem to be as tied to O’Malley as Brown who was the Lieutenant Guv. Baker at least has his own record as County Executive to stand on. 

4 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Must suck always being on the losing side. 

12 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

If it was then Jealous wouldn't be trailing Baker in the latest polls.

There was one poll that showed a 2 point difference which is well within the MOE. 

2 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Baker is not the most electable.  Sounds more like you want the weakest competition for Hogan. 

Interesting. Not once have you mentioned a non-black candidate. 

Your not a racist ….are you? That would be shocking. :rolleyes::lol:

2 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Must suck always being on the losing side. 

I don't know does it?

Just now, Marshan Man said:

I'm a Democrat, but not a slave to voting the party-ticket in the general. If the Democrats nominated a candidate who I think is as good or better than Hogan, I'd vote for him or her. (I don't currently see such a candidate among the Democrats.)

Just now, Guido2 said:

Interesting. Not once have you mentioned a non-black candidate. 

Your not a racist ….are you? That would be shocking. :rolleyes::lol:

I said I was voting for JD Merrill over Carter, and I voted for Hgoan over Brown. NEEXXTT. What black candidates have you supported??

Just now, Marshan Man said:

I said I was voting for JD Merrill over Carter, and I voted for Hgoan over Brown. NEEXXTT. What black candidates have you supported??

Obama

3 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Baker/Shea/Madaleno seem to be the best General Election candidates. Jealous will get blown out just like Bernie did in the MD 2016 primary.

Baker doesn’t seem to be as tied to O’Malley as Brown who was the Lieutenant Guv. Baker at least has his own record as County Executive to stand on. 

I disagree, I didn't vote for Bernie in the primary I voted for Clinton. They don't exactly have the same appeal. Besides the political environment has changed now. Jealous can expand the electorate. The other dems can't.  When dems expand the electorate in a state like MD it's a win. 

2 minutes ago, regularguy said:

I'm a Democrat, but not a slave to voting the party-ticket in the general. If the Democrats nominated a candidate who I think is as good or better than Hogan, I'd vote for him or her. (I don't currently see such a candidate among the Democrats.)

That's fine. Good thing you're not the only dem in MD! :) 

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Obama

6 years ago. SMH... Why are we discussing the race of who I vote for anyway?? you and caliber have issues. 

Edited by Marshan Man