Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marshan Man

Ben Jealous for governor

154 posts in this topic

Just now, Marshan Man said:

Good thing you're not the only dem in MD! :) 

Wouldn't be much of an election if there was only one member of the party!

Just now, regularguy said:

Wouldn't be much of an election if there was only one member of the party!

This is true. I'm excited about this campaign. 

6 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Interesting. Not once have you mentioned a non-black candidate. 

Your not a racist ….are you? That would be shocking. :rolleyes::lol:

In MM’s defense, Baker and Jealous have big leads in the Polls over the other Dem candidates. 

Those are the front runners...

5 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

I disagree, I didn't vote for Bernie in the primary I voted for Clinton. They don't exactly have the same appeal. Besides the political environment has changed now. Jealous can expand the electorate. The other dems can't.  When dems expand the electorate in a state like MD it's a win. 

You and I maybe have different ideas about the Maryland electorate. I don’t think the Dems in solid Blue MD need to move farther Left. Most Progressives in MD are already reliable Dems. 

I do agree though that the leaders of the Democratic party in MD need to get younger. Maryland Dem leaders are all old and not showing signs of stepping down before they’ve been in office too long. Maybe Jealous can help with that but I doubt he has a realistic chance of getting elected...

6 minutes ago, soulflower said:

You and I maybe have different ideas about the Maryland electorate. I don’t think the Dems in solid Blue MD need to move farther Left. Most Progressives in MD are already reliable Dems. 

I do agree though that the leaders of the Democratic party in MD need to get younger. Maryland Dem leaders are all old and not showing signs of stepping down before they’ve been in office too long. Maybe Jealous can help with that but I doubt he has a realistic chance of getting elected...

We shall see...progressives who are reliable dems in md seem to only come out for presidential elections. I certainly don’t think they would show for a Rushern Baker. 

If it’s Baker-Hogan I’d likely vote Hogan. Not out of spite, but because Hogan is a known commodity, and there’s not enough difference between the two for me to risk Baker’s unknowns. 

Edited by Marshan Man

12 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

6 years ago. SMH... Why are we discussing the race of who I vote for anyway?? you and caliber have issues. 

If you the grounds keeper at any football or soccer match.....no one would score a point. 

1 minute ago, Guido2 said:

If you the grounds keeper at any football or soccer match.....no one would score a point. 

Please try and control your adult ADD. 

17 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

I disagree, I didn't vote for Bernie in the primary I voted for Clinton. They don't exactly have the same appeal. Besides the political environment has changed now. Jealous can expand the electorate. The other dems can't.  When dems expand the electorate in a state like MD it's a win. 

I voted for Bernie. Surprised you didn't

Please try and control your adult ADD. 

Try to stay on track and actually STICK to a position. 

Just now, Dystopia said:

Hogan loses you'll be UN gerrymandered into oblivion again.

MY EDIT.

6 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

We shall see...progressives who are reliable dems in md seem to only come out for presidential elections. I certainly don’t think they would show for a Rushern Baker. 

If it’s Baker-Hogan I’d likely vote Hogan. Not out of spite, but because Hogan is a known commodity, and there’s not enough difference between the two for me to risk Baker’s unknowns. 

That’s a reasonable position. I may end up doing the same.

The biggest problem with the Dems in MD and nationally to a lesser extent is that they aren’t giving enough space for younger candidates and non-politicians to get elected and rise in the Party. That’s why there seems to be a gap in the level of energy between Establishment Dems and Dem voters...

2 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

MY EDIT.

Your edit makes no sense. If Hogan wins, then you may get some fair representation. But if he loses, guaranteed you won't.

2 minutes ago, soulflower said:

That’s a reasonable position. I may end up doing the same.

The biggest problem with the Dems in MD and nationally to a lesser extent is that they aren’t giving enough space for younger candidates and non-politicians to get elected and rise in the Party. That’s why there seems to be a gap in the level of energy between Establishment Dems and Dem voters...

I absolutely concur. 

8 minutes ago, Dystopia said:

Your edit makes no sense. If Hogan wins, then you may get some fair representation. But if he loses, guaranteed you won't.

Ok ...my bad...  I mis-understood your position. I definitely read it wrong. 

I totally agree. 

Edited by Guido2

4 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Ok ...my bad...  I mis-understood your position. I definitely read it wrong. 

I totally agree. 

;)

55 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

There was one poll that showed a 2 point difference which is well within the MOE. 

Right, just like the other one you touted that had Jealous leading and pulling away ......

1 minute ago, stevez51 said:

Right, just like the other one you touted that had Jealous leading and pulling away ......

But but but.

Wait....you are NOT saying that MM tends to fabricate things and move the goal posts around. 

No ….no way....ABSOLUTELY NO WAY.....LIAR!

;):lol:

4 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

There have been two other recent polls. A post poll with Baker down 5 points. A sun poll with them tied. Now this last one. The point is they started polling with Baker at +17. So which way is the trend headed??

5 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

But but but.

Wait....you are NOT saying that MM tends to fabricate things and move the goal posts around. 

No ….no way....ABSOLUTELY NO WAY.....LIAR!

;):lol:

No. You’re just confused as usual. It sounds like you’re talking more about yourself. Can you just discuss the topic and not me please? Thanks. :rolleyes:

Edited by Marshan Man

There have been two other recent polls. A post poll with Baker down 5 points. A sun poll with them tied. Now this last one. The point is they started polling with Baker at +17. So which way is the trend headed??

Looks like up for Baker at this point. Maybe after his ads started playing in the Baltimore area.

5 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Looks like up for Baker at this point. Maybe after his ads started playing in the Baltimore area.

His ads have been playing in Baltimore for weeks. The Gonzales poll interviewed registered voters who plan to vote in November. I think the other two polled likely voters in the primary. I think they’re pretty much tied at this point and it’s just statistical noise  

RCP didn’t include this latest poll on their site for some reason. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/governor/md/maryland_governor_democratic_primary-6275.html

2 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

His ads have been playing in Baltimore for weeks. The Gonzales poll interviewed registered voters who plan to vote in November. I think the other two polled likely voters in the primary. I think they’re pretty much tied at this point and it’s just statistical noise  

RCP didn’t include this latest poll on their site for some reason. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/governor/md/maryland_governor_democratic_primary-6275.html

Was that late May poll taken right after Kamenentz died ..??

Maybe that swung some people for Jealous, then after changed their minds.

8 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Was that late May poll taken right after Kamenentz died ..??

Maybe that swung some people for Jealous, then after changed their minds.

You’re probably reading too much into it.