Dystopia

Cohen likely to cooperate with federal prosecutors

85 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, michiganjoe said:

No idea, could be a number of things. My view on Cohen is he remains reluctant and they'll likely have to file charges before he'll consider cooperation.

Could be the obvious. The case is devastating against Cohen and his client. What firm wants to be known as the one who freed nazis? When Cohen gives it up that will be the critical inch that brings the whole Trump show crashing to the ground.

Edited by zenwalk

3 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

The lawyers come from high dollar law firms, which they quit to become part of Muellers team. Of course they aren't personally paid the millions that are spent on the investigation, but it still costs the tax payers over 16 million so far, which goes to travel expenses etc. It is still too much to spend on a politically motivated operation. JMHO

Well IMHO your HO is flat out wrong... this isn't a politically motivated operation.  Especially considering that the GOP controls it ALL

Look, let's be honest, long before trump was president he was a business person.  I think it's pretty much common knowledge at this point that trump has ALWAYS done dirty business.... ALWAYS.  Is it any surprise to you that a person with a lifetime of dirty business dealings ran a dirty campaign and is now running a dirty WH?  is that really that shocking to you?

Just now, michiganjoe said:

If he's truly sending up a smoke signal to trump for help then he's about to be severely disappointed like everyone else has been in the past when he finds out that trump's loyalty extends only to trump

32 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

They'll find something. Gotta justify those millions Mueller and his henchmen are raking in. Prolly another process crime, or some tax evasion scheme. 

Bill Clinton was impeached and disbarred over a ‘process crime’.

this may be a hard concept for you but a lawyer is expected to follow the letter of the law

Edited by JoyinMudville

8 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

Sssh. You are supposed to compartmentally think, not actually draw comparisons!

Then I probably shouldn't mention that this is not part of the Mueller investigation.  It is a separate United States Attorney working from a  Manhattan office, unassocited with Mueller, who is investigating Michael Cohen. 

But you didn't hear that from me.🤫

18 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

The lawyers come from high dollar law firms, which they quit to become part of Muellers team. Of course they aren't personally paid the millions that are spent on the investigation, but it still costs the tax payers over 16 million so far, which goes to travel expenses etc. It is still too much to spend on a politically motivated operation. JMHO

The lawyers have experience prosecuting white collar crimes and most came from either the fbi or the justice department’s criminal division. As usual you’re humble opinion is wrong

4 minutes ago, prodigalson1 said:

Then I probably shouldn't mention that this is not part of the Mueller investigation.  It is a separate United States Attorney working from a  Manhattan office, unassocited with Mueller, who is investigating Michael Cohen. 

But you didn't hear that from me.🤫

This was Eric Schneidermann's baby which is why the revelations about him came when they did. Yes, Mueller's brief extends to the state line where other crimes come into play

50 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

They'll find something. Gotta justify those millions Mueller and his henchmen are raking in. Prolly another process crime, or some tax evasion scheme. 

Mr. Trump certainly is a shrewd judge of character, isn't he?

47 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

Or Martha. 

Martha was out on bail prior to her conviction?  Are you sure?

40 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

The lawyers have experience prosecuting white collar crimes and most came from either the fbi or the justice department’s criminal division. As usual you’re humble opinion is wrong

I guess we can thank the Clintons for something... eh!

1 hour ago, mrdeltoid said:

It's not politically motivated.  Put in motion by a Republican.  Being run by a Republican.  Honestly, think for a minute. 

23 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

It's not politically motivated.  Put in motion by a Republican.  Being run by a Republican.  Honestly, think for a minute. 

After a while the only conclusion you can reach is that Trumpazoids are pretending and simply don't care.  Like the Russians they want our government to go away. Makes a person want to bring back literacy tests to vote. 

My second theory which I'm giving more and more thought to is that CO2 is wreaking havoc with our reasoning abilities. People with tiny brains are affected first.

Edited by zenwalk

2 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

Add one more to the many. I'll admit, I didn't think he would run out of money this quick. He must not manage his money that well.

If he's indicted under the RICO Act, his assets may be seized or frozen:

When the U.S. Attorney decides to indict someone under RICO, they have the option of seeking a pre-trial restraining order or injunction to temporarily seize a defendant's assets and prevent the transfer of potentially forfeitable property, as well as require the defendant to put up a performance bond.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racketeer_Influenced_and_Corrupt_Organizations_Act

2 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

Could be the obvious. The case is devastating against Cohen and his client. What firm wants to be known as the one who freed nazis? When Cohen gives it up that will be the critical inch that brings the whole Trump show crashing to the ground.

It may be, TBH, nobody knows for sure, but to keep posting  this is the big one. Yup, this is the smoking gun, bombshell, etc, over and over, c'mon man...….

1 hour ago, banner1124 said:

Well IMHO your HO is flat out wrong... this isn't a politically motivated operation.  Especially considering that the GOP controls it ALL

Look, let's be honest, long before trump was president he was a business person.  I think it's pretty much common knowledge at this point that trump has ALWAYS done dirty business.... ALWAYS.  Is it any surprise to you that a person with a lifetime of dirty business dealings ran a dirty campaign and is now running a dirty WH?  is that really that shocking to you?

No, I wouldn't be shocked.

1 hour ago, ms maggie said:

Martha was out on bail prior to her conviction?  Are you sure?

Were you really talking about bail when you made this comment?

"And indictment isn't conviction.  Most white collar indictments don't result in jail.  Unless you're an idiot like Manafort." 

7 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

Were you really talking about bail when you made this comment?

"And indictment isn't conviction.  Most white collar indictments don't result in jail.  Unless you're an idiot like Manafort." 

Yes, clearly.  All the news re Manafort lately has been about his bail possibly being revoked. 

Again, indictments and convictions are different things. Most white collar indictees are out on bail.

Jeez. 

All reports seem to be saying Cohen will be arrested shortly.

2 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

Exactly right. If they want to destroy  you they will at the very least  you'll be bankrupt if you don't rat on somebody i.e.  Flynn 

BTW to  Trifle M these aren't government lackeys . These are $600 an hour high rent sharks . There's  a guy name Weisman (sp) that   has been sited for ethics  violations and has  put innocent people in jail   . 

49 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

These people Comey , Mueller, McCabe etc .  were never really Republicans .  They're RINOs like Mc Cain , Flake, George Will, Bill Krystol  etc. The'ye all Trump haters regardless of label . 

1 minute ago, Duke of Earl said:

These people Comey , Mueller, McCabe etc .  were never really Republicans .  They're RINOs like Mc Cain , Flake, George Will, Bill Krystol  etc. The'ye all Trump haters regardless of label . 

I propose that it's you trump lovers that are not really Republicans.  You are radical charlatan nuts that have ruined what used to be a respectable party

1 minute ago, banner1124 said:

I propose that it's you trump lovers that are not really Republicans.  You are radical charlatan nuts that have ruined what used to be a respectable party

It won't be long before they are so far right, if they aren't already, that they'll be saying that Reagan wasn't really a Republican.