Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ode2Joy

Sitting Baltimore County Circuit Judges - Your opinions?

10 posts in this topic

Have you any opinions about the sitting Baltimore County Circuit Court Judges (Deelley/Jakubowski/Robinson/Finifter)?

Their mailer claims they are strongly supported by Governor Hogan and "Police Endorsed".  That sounds good enough for me if true.

I always vote against every sitting judge and my default is to vote against every incumbent unless I have a specific reason to vote for them. 

Not that I want to but I tend to go with Dingle's approach.

The only reason is that generally speaking....we know nothing about their 'track record'. Yes you might be able to spend days digging....but who has the time or inclination. 

Heck some people just look at two words....dem ...rep. and flip all the levers. 🐭

Edited by Guido2

On 6/13/2018 at 8:10 PM, Dinglehopper said:

I always vote against every sitting judge and my default is to vote against every incumbent unless I have a specific reason to vote for them. 

Great strategy, I agree 100% Judicial appointments is a real "good ole' boy system"  they are lawyers that are in with the Governor and the leaders of the "legal community" -- its a closed system and they really get steamed when an outsider runs against an incumbent and even more so if they win and oust a sitter. 

8 minutes ago, Saticon3 said:

Great strategy, I agree 100% Judicial appointments is a real "good ole' boy system"  they are lawyers that are in with the Governor and the leaders of the "legal community" -- its a closed system and they really get steamed when an outsider runs against an incumbent and even more so if they win and oust a sitter. 

I have bumped heads with you over the years but yours is one of the voices I'll miss when the BS shuts down this forum.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:32 PM, Guido2 said:

The only reason is that generally speaking....we know nothing about their 'track record'. Yes you might be able to spend days digging....but who has the time or inclination. 

Heck some people just look at two words....dem ...rep. and flip all the levers. 🐭

We need a better way to judge the judges.  You know the media here in Maryland is not going to do it. 

Edited by Dinglehopper

On 6/14/2018 at 7:32 PM, Guido2 said:

Judicial elections are non-partisan.

1 hour ago, Dinglehopper said:

We need a better way to judge the judges.  You know the media here in Maryland is not going to do it. 

AS I have said.

Try and look up a judges 'record'....well you will have better luck finding the lockness monster then come up with one place.

14 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

Judicial elections are non-partisan.

Kind of. 

3 hours ago, Dinglehopper said:

I have bumped heads with you over the years but yours is one of the voices I'll miss when the BS shuts down this forum.

Why, thank you-- likewise for sure.