Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gonzoliberal

President Trump and the age of the grumpy old white man

23 posts in this topic

The United States is a country dominated by grumpy old white men. Instead of yelling at kids to get off their lawn or to turn down the music, they yell at women, immigrants, foreign leaders and anyone else who wants a place at the table. The motivation: to keep the world as it was, when white American men were on top, and everyone else was just grateful for any consideration at all.

cont...

Consider the past month, starting with grumpy old white man in chief Donald Trump. Over the past week alone, he raged at Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, calling him “meek” and “very dishonest and weak”when Trudeau politely (given the circumstances) disagreed with Americans about trade policy.

This followed Trump’s suggestion that National Football League players who kneel when the national anthem is played should possibly be deported. You wouldn’t want those African Americans to get any ideas that they shouldn’t get beaten up and shot by the cops, would you?

7 minutes ago, gonzoliberal said:

The United States is a country dominated by grumpy old white men. Instead of yelling at kids to get off their lawn or to turn down the music, they yell at women, immigrants, foreign leaders and anyone else who wants a place at the table. The motivation: to keep the world as it was, when white American men were on top, and everyone else was just grateful for any consideration at all.

cont...

Consider the past month, starting with grumpy old white man in chief Donald Trump. Over the past week alone, he raged at Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, calling him “meek” and “very dishonest and weak”when Trudeau politely (given the circumstances) disagreed with Americans about trade policy.

This followed Trump’s suggestion that National Football League players who kneel when the national anthem is played should possibly be deported. You wouldn’t want those African Americans to get any ideas that they shouldn’t get beaten up and shot by the cops, would you?

The race card...…..wow...what a surprise.:rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, gonzoliberal said:

cont...

What would Obama do ........

27 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

What would Obama do ........

Not be so grumby, for starters.

The motivation: to keep the world as it was, when white American men were on top, and everyone else was just grateful for any consideration at all.

That says it all in a nutshell.

With non-Whites eroding America's WASP majority, a significant number of ethnocentric Whites are hitting the panic button. They are determined to maintain their WASP legacy and majority "by any means necessary". In their eyes, a plurality isn't good enough.

14 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

The race card...…..wow...what a surprise.:rolleyes:

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

That's a pretty broad brush stroke.  There are a lot of grumpy old white guys who do not align with Trump or the other viewpoints mentioned.  Hell, I'm one of 'em. 

15 minutes ago, Chesapeake Spirit said:

That's a pretty broad brush stroke.  There are a lot of grumpy old white guys who do not align with Trump or the other viewpoints mentioned.  Hell, I'm one of 'em. 

Touche.

My dad is certainly one of them too.

We need another adjective in there with "grumpy old white men". What would work?

Just now, Pickle20 said:

Touche.

We need another adjective in there with "grumpy old white men". What would work?

Maybe preface it with "sane."  There is little to no sanity with T supporters.

1 minute ago, Chesapeake Spirit said:

Maybe preface it with "sane."  There is little to no sanity with T supporters.

LOL... wait a minute.

13 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Touche.

How about grumpy but sensible old white men? I can live with that label. :D

Oh, I forgot, you don't think I'm sensible because I don't agree with you on some stuff. 

Edited by Papi

It would be a mistake to ascribe this “era” to grumpy old white men.

Plenty of whacked-out young millennials are more than willing to take their place, or are already in positions of power— see Stephen Miller.

1 minute ago, dogstarman said:

It would be a mistake to ascribe this “era” to grumpy old white men.

Plenty of whacked-out young millennials are more than willing to take their place, or are already in positions of power— see Stephen Miller.

That's why I prefer the term ethnocentric Whites.

16 hours ago, gonzoliberal said:

cont...

I hear trump is for legalization. What's your problem with him?

39 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Touche.

You're on here everyday crying like an old grumpy man. Yes I have delt with your attitude in the past. 

10 minutes ago, WhatintheHell said:

I hear trump is for legalization. What's your problem with him?

You're on here everyday crying like an old grumpy man. Yes I have delt with your attitude in the past. 

Crying. Yup. You got me. :lol:

I'm old. I'm white. I'm a man. I'm definitely grumpy about Donald Trump being our president. But I sure don't run the country!

More young need to vote in order for old people to stop running things

Edited by soulflower

Once upon a time I guess I was Liberal, Anti Vietnam and all the rest, hated Nixon and was rooting for McGovern but Carter got in. But after working my whole life, and still am, well Yeah, I guess I AM a Grumpy Old Man now. No one is going to tell me any different about what my own two eyes have seen my whole life. Get off my Lawn and out of my Face!

18 minutes ago, Bartman said:

Once upon a time I guess I was Liberal, Anti Vietnam and all the rest, hated Nixon and was rooting for McGovern but Carter got in. But after working my whole life, and still am, well Yeah, I guess I AM a Grumpy Old Man now. No one is going to tell me any different about what my own two eyes have seen my whole life. Get off my Lawn and out of my Face!

Did you say his name 3 times in the mirror gonzo? :lol: 

18 hours ago, EL-FLIPPO said:

With non-Whites eroding America's WASP majority, a significant number of ethnocentric Whites are hitting the panic button. They are determined to maintain their WASP legacy and majority "by any means necessary". In their eyes, a plurality isn't good enough.

CASE IN POINT: Arizona. Rep. David Stringer, talking about how immigration is changing the demographic makeup of the country:

"Sixty percent of public school children in the state of Arizona today are minorities. That complicates racial integration because there aren't enough white kids to go around.

If we don't do something about immigration very, very soon, the demographics of our country will be irrevocably changed and we will be a very different country and we will not be the country you were born into."

CBS Phoenix affiliate KPHO reported Stringer denied using the word "racial," even though he clearly said it in the video.

CBS

"Xenophobic Whites" is an even better descriptor than "Ethnocentric Whites".

Edited by EL-FLIPPO