Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yuca

Your Ignore List...

How many people are on your Ignore List?   70 members have voted

1. 1. How many people are on your Ignore List?

• None. Ignore Lists are so childish.
    • One. I have that "Special Someone" on it.
    • Two. That "Special Someone" needs a "Special Friend" to go with him/her.
    • Three or more. A lot of people really bug me on this board.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

448 posts in this topic

I tend to just not read certain peoples' posts.
This is my attitude also.

I'm actually crazy enough that some posters I have (what some might call) heated discussions with on my buddy list. :o

I put Norman on my ignore list and sent him a PM asking him (after he was on the list) to send me a PM. He got my PM. He sent me a reply and also a new PM. I got neither and he got no notification that they did not go through. So the idea put forth that the sender (who is on someone's ignore list) of a PM gets notification of his/her ignore status is false.

Testing and verification is a carryover from my job. :o

I used to have 4 people on ignore ... all for the same reason ... harrassment. But, I decided not to bother w/ that option cause I was losing the gist of some of the threads w/ them all on Ignore. Now, I read those whom I'm interested in talking to and sometimes respond to others who make a valid point I agree with even tho I'm not on the friendliest terms w/ that person. I'm sure of at least one who has me on Ignore as I have sent PM's and/or posts that the person never responded to. Doesn't bother me one bit. There are maybe another few (very few) who may have me on their ignore list ... with them, I expected it. BIG DEAL??? NAH!!! Like me or not, if you've posted something that really goes along w/ my own thots, I will post back and/or PM. I may, also, post back giving my reasons for disagreeing w/ you. As for the Buddy List, no one's on mine cause I just never bothered with it. Does anyone ever use the Buddy List??? ;)

I'm sure of at least one who has me on Ignore as I have sent PM's and/or posts that the person never responded to.
bj, I wouldn't assume someone has me on ignore just because they didn't answer a PM. I have one now almost a week old that I still have to answer and it took me 2 months almost to answer one of Aga's. :o

We can attempt to dialogue with whomever we want, but if they don't want the same thing, they're under no obligation to respond.

What's a buddy list?
If you especially like (or like to argue with) certain posters, you can pull their profile up and two options on the profile will allow you to put them on your buddy list or your ignore list. Buddy lists only work if the poster has not chosen to be "invisible" while online.

This message is hidden because I have everyone on ignore. :)

Gotta love a totally blind moderator. :P

At least no one will claim you are biased.

Say, what a minute. If you have me on ignore, what would be the point of replying to this? Doh! :o

Gotta love a totally blind moderator. :P

At least no one will claim you are biased.

Say, what a minute. If you have me on ignore, what would be the point of replying to this? Doh! :o

:D:D - this is the best post of the day at least for me!!!

I'd like to add I do not feel it is "childish" at all to have an ignore list.
That's one reason why I didn't vote. While I'm too nosy ;) to put posters on ignore, there are quite a (mostly on Nationals/Locals) who would be top candidates.

If you especially like (or like to argue with) certain posters, you can pull their profile up and two options on the profile will allow you to put them on your buddy list or your ignore list. Buddy lists only work if the poster has not chosen to be "invisible" while online.

Ok, but then what do you do with the Buddy online?

Ok, but then what do you do with the Buddy online?
Nothing really. It had more value before we had the little dots next to our names. But you can see at a glance just who on your buddy list is online (again, if they're not on 'invisible mode').