Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yuca

Your Ignore List...

How many people are on your Ignore List?   70 members have voted

1. 1. How many people are on your Ignore List?

• None. Ignore Lists are so childish.
    • One. I have that "Special Someone" on it.
    • Two. That "Special Someone" needs a "Special Friend" to go with him/her.
    • Three or more. A lot of people really bug me on this board.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

448 posts in this topic

Excellent... Getting some good controversy here. :D

Btw, I still think ignore lists are a little childish, regardless of how many people here defend their use. I also don't really see the use of buddy lists, either.

Now if you could put a text-based "tag" on your ignore list, but still see the people's posts, then I might use it. The "tag" would be put under the user's name.

So instead of "Member" being under the user's name, you could have something like "Pain in the Butt". I could have a lot of fun with that. :D

It's childish to say it's childish that a poster has no interest in seeing another person's posts.

It's childish to say it's childish that a poster has no interest in seeing another person's posts.
Well, I think it's childish to say it's childish to say it's childish that a poster has no interest in seeing another person's posts. So there. :P

Again, this is a case of "to each their own". But if someone I'd like to put on my "ignore" list starts attacking me, I'd like to know about it.

But if someone I'd like to put on my "ignore" list starts attacking me, I'd like to know about it.

Why? :confused:

Why? :confused:
So I can waste my time defending myself, of course. :P

Actually I think it's useful to know what another poster states, regardless of how you feel about that poster. For example, whenever certain posters say something hypocritical or silly, I might throw in a comment or two just to throw them off balance. :)

In any case, I find it very easy to ignore certain posters. I don't need the "ignore" feature.

I don't have anyone on "Ignore" but don't agree that it's childish to put posters on "Ignore" -- so I didn't vote in the poll.

In any case, I find it very easy to ignore certain posters. I don't need the "ignore" feature.

Same with me. With a certain few posters, as soon as I see their signature name, I reach for the mouse so I can move quickly past their mindless drivel and endless cheerleading...

Same with me. With a certain few posters, as soon as I see their signature name, I reach for the mouse so I can move quickly past their mindless drivel and endless cheerleading...

In another forum where there is no "Ignore" feature, we refer to it as being "scrollworthy." :)

I don't have anyone on "Ignore" but don't agree that it's childish to put posters on "Ignore" -- so I didn't vote in the poll.
The point of the poll is to determine how many people are on everyone's ignore lists. Not whether or not people think they're "childish". That was just a silly comment I put in to make the poll more fun.

The point of the poll is to determine how many people are on everyone's ignore lists. Not whether or not people think they're "childish". That was just a silly comment I put in to make the poll more fun.

Oh, OK. :o

I'll vote.

In another forum where there is no "Ignore" feature, we refer to it as being "scrollworthy." :)

:D I absolutely MUST remember that...Excellent!

There's nothing so bad that I'm afraid to see it. Besides, with all of the quoting, you can't really not see someone's posts.

There's nothing so bad that I'm afraid to see it.

You haven't seen my MIL in the morning obviously! :eek:

I kinda think someone has me on ignore...its upsetting. :(
Just in case, I quoted you for them. ;)

mock, I would consider it their loss if I were you. I wouldn't be surprised if I was on some ignore lists.

Just in case, I quoted you for them. ;)

mock, I would consider it their loss if I were you. I wouldn't be surprised if I was on some ignore lists.

Just in case. ;)

Just in case. ;)
See, the difference is it bothered mock, but it doesn't bother me. :D

Same here.

Btw, the question for me is not if I'm on an ignore list, but how many I'm on. If it's too few, I need to do a better job of stirring the pot. :D

Same here.

Btw, the question for me is not if I'm on an ignore list, but how many I'm on. If it's too few, I need to do a better job of stirring the pot. :D

I asked 'em for an "Ignore Poll" feature, but they ignored me. :)

Zero was my vote, but now that I think about it, I may have one poster name on ignore.

Not cuz we tussle or anything, but it's one of those poster names whose sole altie purpose is to spam with links/articles and such.

It was a drag to scroll past, to get back to real posts.

I'll have to go check, lol, I don't recall now which name it was or whether I still have it there.

Don't let it upset you. Posters waft back and forth, changing allegiances and going from friend to foe at a moment's notice. I don't clown around with those types.

Never had anyone on the ignore or buddy list.

Probably because Bowie-McFly wouldn't even know how to set it up.