Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

Your Ignore List...

• Please log in to reply
447 replies to this topic

Poll: How many people are on your Ignore List? (70 member(s) have cast votes)

How many people are on your Ignore List?

1. Voted None. Ignore Lists are so childish. (46 votes [63.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.89%

2. One. I have that "Special Someone" on it. (6 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

3. Two. That "Special Someone" needs a "Special Friend" to go with him/her. (8 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

4. Three or more. A lot of people really bug me on this board. (12 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Sprightly

Sprightly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,755 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:27 AM

LOL, I changed it back straight away - I just wanted to see what it looked like. I also wondered if the ingnored person was notified. Were you?

I figured as much, that's why I didn't call.

I don't think posters are notified. You can check to see if a particular poster has you on ignore by sending a PM to the individual. If he/she has you on ignore the PM won't be delivered. At least I think that's how it works.
To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#22 music_man

music_man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:32 AM

I think everyones opinion is valid and I want to hear them all.
I'm not as good as I once was, but I was good once, as I ever was.

#23 music_man

music_man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:34 AM

Thats it dammit, I'm putting myself on ignore

I tried that. But You'll just keep taking yourself off to hear waht you have to say. :D
I'm not as good as I once was, but I was good once, as I ever was.

#24 Az

Az

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:35 AM

None, but not because I think the feature is childish.

I've been tempted a couple of times, but just decided that, for me, the proper response was simply to move my scroll wheel a couple more clicks. ;)
Preach the Gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - St. Francis of Assisi

Another century and there will not be a Bible on earth! - Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

#25 Sprightly

Sprightly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,755 posts

I think everyones opinion is valid and I want to hear them all.

In my case it's not about not wanting to read opinions. It's about two particular posters that engage in nothing except for personal attacks against those they feel are their political opposites. Both have been banned time and time again yet have been permitted to return with more of the same.
To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#26 EmDot

EmDot

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,984 posts
  • LocationIn the land of optimism

I tend to just not read certain peoples' posts.

This is my attitude also.

I'm actually crazy enough that some posters I have (what some might call) heated discussions with on my buddy list. :o
To retaliate in kind would do nothing but intensify the existence of hate in the universe. Along the way of life, someone must have sense enough, and morality enough, to cut off the chain of hate. ~~ MLK

#27 Norman

Norman

Go away you little gnat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,017 posts
  • Location¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:46 AM

This is my attitude also.

I'm actually crazy enough that some posters I have (what some might call) heated discussions with on my buddy list. :o

I honored your request. ;)

#28 EmDot

EmDot

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,984 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:06 AM

I put Norman on my ignore list and sent him a PM asking him (after he was on the list) to send me a PM. He got my PM. He sent me a reply and also a new PM. I got neither and he got no notification that they did not go through. So the idea put forth that the sender (who is on someone's ignore list) of a PM gets notification of his/her ignore status is false.

Testing and verification is a carryover from my job. :o
To retaliate in kind would do nothing but intensify the existence of hate in the universe. Along the way of life, someone must have sense enough, and morality enough, to cut off the chain of hate. ~~ MLK

#29 Norman

Norman

Go away you little gnat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,017 posts
  • Location¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:08 AM

The bigger question is if ou're gonna take me off ignore or not now...

#30 EmDot

EmDot

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,984 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:10 AM

The bigger question is if ou're gonna take me off ignore or not now...

You're off...

#31 bj_1

bj_1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,565 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:18 AM

I used to have 4 people on ignore ... all for the same reason ... harrassment. But, I decided not to bother w/ that option cause I was losing the gist of some of the threads w/ them all on Ignore. Now, I read those whom I'm interested in talking to and sometimes respond to others who make a valid point I agree with even tho I'm not on the friendliest terms w/ that person. I'm sure of at least one who has me on Ignore as I have sent PM's and/or posts that the person never responded to. Doesn't bother me one bit. There are maybe another few (very few) who may have me on their ignore list ... with them, I expected it. BIG DEAL??? NAH!!! Like me or not, if you've posted something that really goes along w/ my own thots, I will post back and/or PM. I may, also, post back giving my reasons for disagreeing w/ you. As for the Buddy List, no one's on mine cause I just never bothered with it. Does anyone ever use the Buddy List??? ;)

"KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE ...

KEEP YOUR ENEMIES CLOSER ...

NOW, CAN YOU TELL THE DIFFERENCE?"

#32 Red Baron

Red Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,956 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:21 AM

What's a buddy list?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Did any of these groups protest against Big Government when it was illegally tapping our phones and denying habeas corpus rights... What we confront, in the anti-reform mobs, are people who approve of coercion and lawlessness, including when it is used by a strong leader... This mimics several of the characteristics Hannah Arendt discovered in the mobs tht brought totalitarianism to the modern world. -- Paul Grenier

#33 AxnJxn

AxnJxn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,396 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:21 AM

As much as I don't like putting people on ignore, I have 2 people on my list. They're both on the O's board, and they just add nothing of substance to any discussion, so it's pointless to even read their posts.
"Woke up in a fireplace ... slept like a log!"

- Julian H. Cope

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#34 EmDot

EmDot

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,984 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:24 AM

I'm sure of at least one who has me on Ignore as I have sent PM's and/or posts that the person never responded to.

bj, I wouldn't assume someone has me on ignore just because they didn't answer a PM. I have one now almost a week old that I still have to answer and it took me 2 months almost to answer one of Aga's. :o

We can attempt to dialogue with whomever we want, but if they don't want the same thing, they're under no obligation to respond.

#35 thinking_man

thinking_man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,197 posts

I have 5, all from the Orioles board but one does post here regularly.

All 5 have definitely earned the status.

#36 babylinux

babylinux

Much beloved member of SunSpot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

nobody on ignore here :)

#37 Rocketwolf

Rocketwolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,733 posts

One just recently but he was banned before the day was over.

I trust the Police
more than I trust President Obama

#38 EmDot

EmDot

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,984 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:26 AM

What's a buddy list?

If you especially like (or like to argue with) certain posters, you can pull their profile up and two options on the profile will allow you to put them on your buddy list or your ignore list. Buddy lists only work if the poster has not chosen to be "invisible" while online.

#39 Agent 47

Agent 47

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:31 AM

None until very recently, but I finally added one.
"You can't appoint, hire, or declare leadership" -- Sonny Barger

Die Luft der Freiheit weht

#40 jonsensback

jonsensback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,456 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:37 AM

I like others wouldn't bother.

Why would want to avoid someone who irritates me on a public forum, isn't that have the fun of being here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users