Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

Your Ignore List...

• Please log in to reply
446 replies to this topic

Poll: How many people are on your Ignore List? (70 member(s) have cast votes)

How many people are on your Ignore List?

1. Voted None. Ignore Lists are so childish. (46 votes [63.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.89%

2. One. I have that "Special Someone" on it. (6 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

3. Two. That "Special Someone" needs a "Special Friend" to go with him/her. (8 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

4. Three or more. A lot of people really bug me on this board. (12 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 thinking_man

thinking_man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,197 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:43 AM

I'd like to add I do not feel it is "childish" at all to have an ignore list. I like that the Sun has it, although I wish there was some way to block someone on my list when that person is quoted by another poster.

#42 Up2DaRack

Up2DaRack

Largo al Factotum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,372 posts
  • LocationRight here! Sheesh!

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:44 AM

This message is hidden because I have everyone on ignore. :)

Gotta love a totally blind moderator. :P

At least no one will claim you are biased.

Say, what a minute. If you have me on ignore, what would be the point of replying to this? Doh! :o
  • There are two kinds of fools. One says, "This is old, therefore it is good"; the other says, "This is new, therefore it is better." (W.R. Inge)
  • Talent is God-given - be humble. Fame is man-given - be thankful. Conceit is self-given - be careful. (John Wooden)

#43 Mom49of4

Mom49of4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76,886 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:47 AM

Gotta love a totally blind moderator. :P

At least no one will claim you are biased.

Say, what a minute. If you have me on ignore, what would be the point of replying to this? Doh! :o

:D:D - this is the best post of the day at least for me!!!
My children are my legacy.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

#44 EmDot

EmDot

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,984 posts
  • LocationIn the land of optimism

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:53 AM

I'd like to add I do not feel it is "childish" at all to have an ignore list.

That's one reason why I didn't vote. While I'm too nosy ;) to put posters on ignore, there are quite a (mostly on Nationals/Locals) who would be top candidates.
To retaliate in kind would do nothing but intensify the existence of hate in the universe. Along the way of life, someone must have sense enough, and morality enough, to cut off the chain of hate. ~~ MLK

#45 QT3.14

QT3.14

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,707 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:11 PM

I don't have anyone on ignore, even those I don't particularly like sometimes have interesting opinions.

However, anyone who spams a board I'm on gets sent to the cornfield. :eek:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I see you, Banana.

#46 bse

bse

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,133 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:11 PM

If you especially like (or like to argue with) certain posters, you can pull their profile up and two options on the profile will allow you to put them on your buddy list or your ignore list. Buddy lists only work if the poster has not chosen to be "invisible" while online.

Ok, but then what do you do with the Buddy online?

#47 EmDot

EmDot

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,984 posts
  • LocationIn the land of optimism

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:14 PM

Ok, but then what do you do with the Buddy online?

Nothing really. It had more value before we had the little dots next to our names. But you can see at a glance just who on your buddy list is online (again, if they're not on 'invisible mode').
To retaliate in kind would do nothing but intensify the existence of hate in the universe. Along the way of life, someone must have sense enough, and morality enough, to cut off the chain of hate. ~~ MLK

#48 Froggie

Froggie

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:17 PM

I don't have anyone on ignore because I don't want to miss anyone making a fool of themselves. :D
Someday we'll find it, the Rainbow Connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.
~Kermit the Frog~

#49 Up2DaRack

Up2DaRack

Largo al Factotum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,372 posts
  • LocationRight here! Sheesh!

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:19 PM

I don't have anyone on ignore because I don't want to miss anyone making a fool of themselves. :D

Exactly!!! :D
  • There are two kinds of fools. One says, "This is old, therefore it is good"; the other says, "This is new, therefore it is better." (W.R. Inge)
  • Talent is God-given - be humble. Fame is man-given - be thankful. Conceit is self-given - be careful. (John Wooden)

#50 bse

bse

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,133 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:25 PM

I think I'll clear my ignore list now and join in on the fun. :D

#51 yuca

yuca

Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,550 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:13 PM

Excellent... Getting some good controversy here. :D

Btw, I still think ignore lists are a little childish, regardless of how many people here defend their use. I also don't really see the use of buddy lists, either.

Now if you could put a text-based "tag" on your ignore list, but still see the people's posts, then I might use it. The "tag" would be put under the user's name.

So instead of "Member" being under the user's name, you could have something like "Pain in the Butt". I could have a lot of fun with that. :D

#52 Sprightly

Sprightly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,544 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:24 PM

It's childish to say it's childish that a poster has no interest in seeing another person's posts.
To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#53 golfinravensfan

golfinravensfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:26 PM

It's kinda like watching tv isn't it? If you don't like whats on that channel, just change it.

#54 yuca

yuca

Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,550 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:27 PM

It's childish to say it's childish that a poster has no interest in seeing another person's posts.

Well, I think it's childish to say it's childish to say it's childish that a poster has no interest in seeing another person's posts. So there. :P

Again, this is a case of "to each their own". But if someone I'd like to put on my "ignore" list starts attacking me, I'd like to know about it.

#55 Sprightly

Sprightly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,544 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:29 PM

But if someone I'd like to put on my "ignore" list starts attacking me, I'd like to know about it.

Why? :confused:
To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#56 yuca

yuca

Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,550 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:35 PM

Why? :confused:

So I can waste my time defending myself, of course. :P

Actually I think it's useful to know what another poster states, regardless of how you feel about that poster. For example, whenever certain posters say something hypocritical or silly, I might throw in a comment or two just to throw them off balance. :)

In any case, I find it very easy to ignore certain posters. I don't need the "ignore" feature.

#57 Cameron

Cameron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,603 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:37 PM

I don't have anyone on "Ignore" but don't agree that it's childish to put posters on "Ignore" -- so I didn't vote in the poll.

#58 Gentile

Gentile

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,635 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:44 PM

In any case, I find it very easy to ignore certain posters. I don't need the "ignore" feature.

Same with me. With a certain few posters, as soon as I see their signature name, I reach for the mouse so I can move quickly past their mindless drivel and endless cheerleading...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Our president hates beets, and I'm bummed" ~ PaintLady

#59 Cameron

Cameron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,603 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:48 PM

Same with me. With a certain few posters, as soon as I see their signature name, I reach for the mouse so I can move quickly past their mindless drivel and endless cheerleading...

In another forum where there is no "Ignore" feature, we refer to it as being "scrollworthy." :)

#60 yuca

yuca

Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,550 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:49 PM

I don't have anyone on "Ignore" but don't agree that it's childish to put posters on "Ignore" -- so I didn't vote in the poll.

The point of the poll is to determine how many people are on everyone's ignore lists. Not whether or not people think they're "childish". That was just a silly comment I put in to make the poll more fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users