Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Knighttime

THE REAL High School football Poll

72 posts in this topic

City is overrated. Franklin will beat City this year and go on to play in the finals.

In the finals of what?

City is overrated. Franklin will beat City this year and go on to play in the finals.

Why do you think City is overrated they already proven themselves with wins over Dunbar and Edmondson. Yes Franklin has a great win against Perry Hall, don't jinx your winning streak by putting down another team. Franklin seems to have the offensive weapons but what about their defense and you know what there say about defenses, they win championships

If you say so! City has five more games before we start thinking about playoffs! Franklin had a good win today-no question but they better focus on beating Parkville and Kenwood

Why do you think City is overrated they already proven themselves with wins over Dunbar and Edmondson. Yes Franklin has a great win against Perry Hall, don't jinx your winning streak by putting down another team. Franklin seems to have the offensive weapons but what about their defense and you know what there say about defenses, they win championships

City is a great team. I just think they are a bit overrated. But I have seen the Dunbar and Edmons. games and they are good. I just think that Franklin beats them. Franklin has a good defence. They got 36 scored on them by an ex-Gilman quaterback at Perry Hall, and they picked him off 3 times. They are alowing 25 yards per game on average City is much better at like 3. However Franklin is averaging 45 points per game while city is only at 23. Granted City has played two tough teams and Franklin only one, but Catonsville is not that bad a team. Thier only losses came to Perry HAll and Franklin

In the finals of what?

Aren't Franklin and City both in the States 3A?

Yes. So I guess your talking regional finals?

Yes they are both in the 3A North region.

\

A couple years ago when Joppatowne was 1a they snuck thier was into the playoffs with a 4-5 record. Many people were saying thats not right they got in with a lossing record. They were playing 2a and 3a schools every week that year. Well they won the state championship that year. Its all strength of scheduling.

Didn't they upset a really solid Dunbar team in the finals that year?

I tend to agree on this point. A team could play very week opponents a win a lot of games. 2 of Edgwood's wins this year are against 1A teams. On the other side, Bel Air has played a 4A power, and a team that won the DE state crown last year. Supposed they would have played North East and Perryville. They would have been 3-1 and probably in this poll.

What about Elkton? They are 1-3. Bad right? Well consider their 3 loses are to NH, Fallston, and Edgewood. All 3A teams. They do not even rank in this poll, yet they will make a deep run at state crown.

I think the state polls are meaningless. The only thing that does matter is the playoff standings- and then who shows up in the playoffs.

Too many people are on this board sizing up teams they have not seen. Although I am A city grad and biased like most fans, I have seen many of the big boys. I have seen City and Gilman...i sure you City would punish Gilman unmercifully. Its not that City is loaded with more talent and size as compared to Gilman but there are other factors involved. Not only would they beat Gilman, this team is equiped to win it all. Don't be fooled by a low scoring 14-0 win over Carver. The Knights were worn out by two big, back to back wins over highly ranked teams and turned the ball over in the rain about 5 times. They were so disinterested in Carver that Coach Petrides was actually yelling at half of the players on the sideline for looking in the opposite direction of the action.

I have seen Freindly and franklin, City would beat both of these teams. I'm not too sure about River Hill, but my guess is that it would be a close one.

Too many people are on this board sizing up teams they have not seen. Although I am A city grad and biased like most fans, I have seen many of the big boys. I have seen City and Gilman...i sure you City would punish Gilman unmercifully. Its not that City is loaded with more talent and size as compared to Gilman but there are other factors involved. Not only would they beat Gilman, this team is equiped to win it all. Don't be fooled by a low scoring 14-0 win over Carver. The Knights were worn out by two big, back to back wins over highly ranked teams and turned the ball over in the rain about 5 times. They were so disinterested in Carver that Coach Petrides was actually yelling at half of the players on the sideline for looking in the opposite direction of the action.

I have seen Freindly and franklin, City would beat both of these teams. I'm not too sure about River Hill, but my guess is that it would be a close one.

There is abosolutely no way you have witnessed Friendly Highschool (of Ft. Washington, Md. ) play, and conclude that City is on par with them. As we speak NO TEAM IN THIS AREA IS ON PAR WITH FRIENDLY. I love Baltimore area sports, but I have seen allot of football. Friendly has a QB who will play as a true freshman next season for the Florida Gators...That is saying something when a Major D1 program in the state of Florida brings in a Maryland kid and considers playing him as a true freshman. That team has more talent than I have seen in a long time. Now, that being said, anyone can be defeated, but it is highly unlikely that a 3A or 4A team from this area wins a state championship. I hope I am wrong, but the truth is what it is.

\

A couple years ago when Joppatowne was 1a they snuck thier was into the playoffs with a 4-5 record. Many people were saying thats not right they got in with a lossing record. They were playing 2a and 3a schools every week that year. Well they won the state championship that year. Its all strength of scheduling.

Didn't they upset a really solid Dunbar team in the finals that year?

I tend to agree on this point. A team could play very week opponents a win a lot of games. 2 of Edgwood's wins this year are against 1A teams. On the other side, Bel Air has played a 4A power, and a team that won the DE state crown last year. Supposed they would have played North East and Perryville. They would have been 3-1 and probably in this poll.

What about Elkton? They are 1-3. Bad right? Well consider their 3 loses are to NH, Fallston, and Edgewood. All 3A teams. They do not even rank in this poll, yet they will make a deep run at state crown.

I think the state polls are meaningless. The only thing that does matter is the playoff standings- and then who shows up in the playoffs.

They shut dunbar out in the semi's that year and killed beall for the state championship. They next year Dunbay beat them by 2 in the state championship.

In the long run Elkton playing those games will help them so much in the playoffs. With them being 1a they will be able to get in the playoffs with more losses. They will not see any teams the rest of the year tougher than than those 3 games.

All I can say is wow. I read your other post where you say:

"Day after day, I have read stupid post where some cornpone pipe smoker from west sassafrass county is talking smack about what his school will do to another school in which he has not even tried to see. Just as well, we have inner city fans who are talking

smack about what their schools will do and have not seen schools like River Hill and Long Reach."

Too much emotion for me. I take it you think City can beat any Baltimore County team, would punish unmercifully (by 14 ??) Gilman, and that that they would beat Friendly--?

Plus I heard the new team ..the West Sassafrass County Smacktalkers could not only beat City, but would punished CIty by a touchback! (that's 2 points for you Sasfrass County folk)

All kidding aside , City has a fine team. I've seen what they did to Dunbar. Franklin has a good team too, and people were underestimating them, when they played Perry Hall. I think they will do well if they keep playing like they have been.

I haven't seen Friendly play but I've heard they are in a par with teams like Sherwood, which traditionally the Balt. City and county teams have had difficlty with.

I wish City and Franklin contunued success.

I have seen Freindly and franklin, City would beat both of these teams. .

Just wondering what game did you see Friendly play and how do you see them matching up against one another.

I am A city grad and biased like most fans, I have seen many of the big boys. I have seen City and Gilman...i sure you City would punish Gilman unmercifully. Its not that City is loaded with more talent and size as compared to Gilman but there are other factors involved. Not only would they beat Gilman, this team is equiped to win it all. Don't be fooled by a low scoring 14-0 win over Carver. The Knights were worn out by two big, back to back wins over highly ranked teams and turned the ball over in the rain about 5 times. They were so disinterested in Carver that Coach Petrides was actually yelling at half of the players on the sideline for looking in the opposite direction of the action.

Obsess much about Gilman? If City couldn't beat Carver by more than 14 points, there is no way they would "punish Gilman unmercifully". Also, care to quantify your statement that City has more talent than Gilman? I bet there are more future D1 players on Gilman's team than City's.

And if what you say about the Carver game is true, that isn't something to brag about - it doesn't seem like Coach P. has the Knights mentally prepared to make a run at the title.

There is abosolutely no way you have witnessed Friendly Highschool (of Ft. Washington, Md. ) play, and conclude that City is on par with them. As we speak NO TEAM IN THIS AREA IS ON PAR WITH FRIENDLY. I love Baltimore area sports, but I have seen allot of football. Friendly has a QB who will play as a true freshman next season for the Florida Gators...That is saying something when a Major D1 program in the state of Florida brings in a Maryland kid and considers playing him as a true freshman. That team has more talent than I have seen in a long time. Now, that being said, anyone can be defeated, but it is highly unlikely that a 3A or 4A team from this area wins a state championship. I hope I am wrong, but the truth is what it is.

WELL TS:

Anyone can be beaten! Everything you have stated is a guess! We shall see what comes true! Friendly is a good team! Its a long season so we will see what happens. Oh by the way many D1 schools have been at City!--SEC, ACC, Big Ten

Obsess much about Gilman? If City couldn't beat Carver by more than 14 points, there is no way they would "punish Gilman unmercifully". Also, care to quantify your statement that City has more talent than Gilman? I bet there are more future D1 players on Gilman's team than City's.

And if what you say about the Carver game is true, that isn't something to brag about - it doesn't seem like Coach P. has the Knights mentally prepared to make a run at the title.

Guess we will see!

I've seen Friendly play. The team is big, fast and has Division I athletes. The quarterback, Joe Haden, will play wide receiver in college. Sometimes Friendly moves him to wide receiver and he can't be stopped. The kid makes any team he's on championship caliber.

Friendly can't be beaten or stopped. I hear you! Do you think teams should even come out on the field against them?

You are right..I had to rethink this one...I'm man enough to admit when I have perhaps gone a bit too far......It would be a great game. damm sure not a blow out..City has Defense that would keep the knights in the game all the way.

I know I will be called every foul name in the book for saying this, but I believe City is ranked too high in that poll. Broadneck, Arundel, and Old Mill are at least 2 td's better than City. Again, nothing personal against City College, they have a good football team this year.

and ummm...you saw City play....right

I was just on http://www.therecruitmagazine.com and I noticed Gilman is ranked above City. Who would win if these two teams played?

City would win like 20-7 and heres why.

* Gilman is sunspot.net hype ...I have been saying it all season long. it was proven when they nearly lost to St Joes.

Too many people including yourself are just not getting it. Gilman really does not have a great football team this year.

* Gilman has the D to keep City honest for a while but the lack of Offense would provide City with too may opportunities to score.

* Gilman would get picked apart by City too fast Defensive backs and worn down by a rich in depth front four.

* Gilman is simply not up for this challenge...trust me.

* Let me let you in on a dirty little secret that almost nobody knows but us City fans...the starting qb has not played since halftime of the edmodson game almost 3 weeks ago..thats 10 qtrs of football....shhhh...keep it to yourself.

I've seen Friendly play. The team is big, fast and has Division I athletes. The quarterback, Joe Haden, will play wide receiver in college. Sometimes Friendly moves him to wide receiver and he can't be stopped. The kid makes any team he's on championship caliber.

This is the same ignorant crap we hear every season...."ewwwwwww...they are so big and strong with huge muscles, i would just run and hide in a cave if i were you"....every year the state playoffs turn up huge sirprises with this year being no different. Almost none of the teams predicted to win it all last year was able to do so.....

All I can say is wow. I read your other post where you say:

"Day after day, I have read stupid post where some cornpone pipe smoker from west sassafrass county is talking smack about what his school will do to another school in which he has not even tried to see. Just as well, we have inner city fans who are talking

smack about what their schools will do and have not seen schools like River Hill and Long Reach."

Too much emotion for me. I take it you think City can beat any Baltimore County team, would punish unmercifully (by 14 ??) Gilman, and that that they would beat Friendly--?

Plus I heard the new team ..the West Sassafrass County Smacktalkers could not only beat City, but would punished CIty by a touchback! (that's 2 points for you Sasfrass County folk)

All kidding aside , City has a fine team. I've seen what they did to Dunbar. Franklin has a good team too, and people were underestimating them, when they played Perry Hall. I think they will do well if they keep playing like they have been.

I haven't seen Friendly play but I've heard they are in a par with teams like Sherwood, which traditionally the Balt. City and county teams have had difficlty with.

I wish City and Franklin contunued success.

I dont think City could beat any balco team. Yes they would beat Gilman and handidly.. I simply think that City has what it takes to win it all.

SO should all the Baltimore teams not play any of the teams From MC or PG. Should they just not show! How can any of the teams up hear not get blow out. Certainly. they can't win!

Are you from the Baltimore area! All I see you doing is riding the nut sacks of PG/MO teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!