Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gymrat

Wow! Who is going to win the MIAA "A" soccer?

21 posts in this topic

No one wants to stay on top, everyone is beating everyone else. A very tight league, who will prevail? Mcdonogh, Calvert Hall, Mt. St. Joe, John Carroll, Loyola all 2-5 points behind frontrunner Curley at the mid-point.

MIAA-A is an absolute buzzsaw of a connference. Whichever two teams reach the final should be 1 and 2 in The Sun for getting that far in such a competitive conference.

What are the standings as of now in the MIAA? How many games left?

Seems like it has been a very exciting year...

B.J. Quigley (sp?) from Curley has put up some big numbers this season - playing in the MIAA with his stats should give him a good shot at POY.

What are the standings as of now in the MIAA? How many games left?

Seems like it has been a very exciting year...

B.J. Quigley (sp?) from Curley has put up some big numbers this season - playing in the MIAA with his stats should give him a good shot at POY.

Curley has MSJ tomorrow for the last regular season game. Don't know if the Curley/McD game that was rained out will be rescheduled. May depend on if it affects final standings. Originally, MIAA Quarterfinals to be 10/27, Semi-Finals on 10/31 and Championship 11/4.

Quigley certainly should be the front runner, however, I think they will award POY to a player on the championship squad.

MSJ is in the playoffs after winning today against Spalding.

We play Spalding for the last spot on Saturday.

Why in the world is the championship game being played at Broadneck HS? Why isn't this game being played at UMBC/Towson U/Loyola College/Essex Communiy College (or whatever they call it now).

Why in the world is the championship game being played at Broadneck HS? Why isn't this game being played at UMBC/Towson U/Loyola College/Essex Communiy College (or whatever they call it now).

It has been moved to Loyola. The bigger ques is why a turf field? It gives an advantage to CHC if they make the final. Chc played at least 10 games on turf and having seen them on turf and grass they are a much better team on turf.

It has been moved to Loyola. The bigger ques is why a turf field? It gives an advantage to CHC if they make the final. Chc played at least 10 games on turf and having seen them on turf and grass they are a much better team on turf.

I just heard that Loyola College's field will be Curley's home field in their playoff game Thursday. So, I guess my Friars get an advantage with that.

Also, Curley beat CHC at CHC and McD at Loyola College this year.

Loyola College used Curley's soccer field for their lacrosse camps last summer, while their new turf was being installed. It really hurt Curley's field, which is not the best to begin with. All of the rain this fall has really damaged Curley's field. I believe Curley will have an artificial turf field installed in a few years. I hope the "neighborhood" doesn't destroy it.

Wow! Who is going to win the MIAA "A" soccer?

? I'm bettin' on the really skinny short kids, that can't play American Football!:D

JC vs #1 Curley at Loyola College

MSJ vs #2 McD at McD

Curley record vs opponents (JC, MSJ, MCD): 4-2-0

2 - 0 vs MCD

1 - 1 vs MSJ

1 - 1 vs JC

McD record vs opponents: 4-2-0

0 - 2 vs Curley

2 - 0 vs JC

2 - 0 vs MSJ

JC record vs opponents: 2-3-1

1 - 1 vs Curley

0 - 2 vs McD

1-0-1 vs MSJ

MSJ record vs opponents: 2-3-1

1 - 1 vs Curley

0 - 2 vs McD

1-0-1 vs JC

I believe Curley was without BJ Quigley in the loss to MSJ. JC got their win against Curley to open the season in the MIAA and played Curley to a tough 1 goal game 2 weeks ago.....McD's discipline should be able to stop MSJ's athleticism...Predicting Curley and McD for the Championship at Loyola College.

Archbishop Curley 3, John Carroll 1

McDonogh 3, Mount St. Joseph 1

from MIAA site

Archbishop Curley 3, John Carroll 1

McDonogh 3, Mount St. Joseph 1

from MIAA site

Curley wins in a dominating effort. POG Vince Savareese - Shut down McDonough attack with tough defense.

POY BJ Quigley. Great combination of skill, speed, and composure. Honorable mention Brent Hooper. He was the field general and the offense went through him.

Congratulations to Coach Stitz on his first MIAA Championship..

Curley wins in a dominating effort. POG Vince Savareese - Shut down McDonough attack with tough defense.

POY BJ Quigley. Great combination of skill, speed, and composure. Honorable mention Brent Hooper. He was the field general and the offense went through him.

Congratulations to Coach Stitz on his first MIAA Championship..

I second the congratulations for coach Stitz. A few years ago I watched JC go through a miserable winless season. CHC was beating JC 6-0, they pulled their starters about 10 minutes into the 2nd half and after a few minutes JC scored. CHC immediately put the startes back in and poured on another 5 goals. The next week Curley went up 2-0 on JC after about 25 min. Stitz pulled most of his starters and played the JC team straight up and won 4-2. I won't forget that act of class and kindness. (especially compared to that guy at CHC. ) Curley is lucky to have him.

Curley proves its one of the best programs in the state and maybe in the country, they should be nationally ranked when the final polls come out.

Curley has bought some good players also. Omar - Ceaser just to name a few. They both could not pay thier club team dues but they have $9000 for school. The two highest paid teams were in the finals.

I second the congratulations for coach Stitz. A few years ago I watched JC go through a miserable winless season. CHC was beating JC 6-0, they pulled their starters about 10 minutes into the 2nd half and after a few minutes JC scored. CHC immediately put the startes back in and poured on another 5 goals. The next week Curley went up 2-0 on JC after about 25 min. Stitz pulled most of his starters and played the JC team straight up and won 4-2. I won't forget that act of class and kindness. (especially compared to that guy at CHC. ) Curley is lucky to have him.

Coach Stitz is a man of integrity and class. No one should take that as a lack of desire to win. He wants to win more than any other coach out there, but he will not break rules, embarass himself, Curley, his players, or the other team's players.

Coach Stitz went through some tough years at the beginning of his tenure, not winning many games. Especially tough, since he followed the very successful Coach Perrella.

This season has been especially sweet for me because not only did my alma mater win, but my friend was the coach.

For JC, I believe they have the right man in charge there too. He will have that team batlling Curley/CHC/MSJ/McD/Loy for the title very soon.