Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

S.E.P.

Hereford / Milford Mill

19 posts in this topic

Was MM ever in the game? Hard to imagine the Bulls jumped out that far in front with little or no contest from MM....

42-0 late in the 4th qtr about 2 minutes left. Hereford puts in bench and are in a drive, Hereford fumbles, Millford picks it up and runs in for their only score of the game.

Final 42-7 Hereford

*Could have been 49-0 if Hereford hadn't put in the 3rd stringers but that's ok they deserve the play time

FYI: Hereford JV Beat Millford JV 42-0 also.

Was MM ever in the game? Hard to imagine the Bulls jumped out that far in front with little or no contest from MM....

Never, and I'm sure there will be plenty of excuses made like turnovers, didn't have a good breakfast, weather, sun was in their eyes, or bio-rhythms out of cinc made by the usual suspect.

Only points for MM were on a returned fumble recovery late in 4th qtr after Bulls had emptied the bench.

Big game @ the zone next Fri vs. Eastern Tech. Home game in playoffs at stake.

Sure will be...That should be a great game. Both teams have a lock in the playoffs already, but whoever wins this will have a lot of momentum heading into the playoffs.

Since Hereford's last state Championship in 02':

02'- Hereford

03' ET

04'-Hereford

05'- ET

06'-?

ET has never beaten Hereford at their home field. Perhaps ET can do that this year.

Today's performance by Hereford was their best of the year, for all the aforementioned reasons. The Bulls dominated from the begining, and even had three TD passes. It's too bad they lost their shutout on that fumble runback, but that's about the only negative worth mentioning.

If Hereford plays as well next Friday as they did today, they will beat Eastern Tech.

Never, and I'm sure there will be plenty of excuses made like turnovers, didn't have a good breakfast, weather, sun was in their eyes, or bio-rhythms out of cinc made by the usual suspect.

Only points for MM were on a returned fumble recovery late in 4th qtr after Bulls had emptied the bench.

are you sure you're a bull's dad and not a little kid? your comments are so immature and baseless. mm has made no excuses for the game. hereford was not the first school to shut down milford this year. you're the only person from hereford that gets on here and constantly posts unprovoked bashes at other schools. grow up already. you are staining an otherwise great program and community. feel sorry for your kid.

are you sure you're a bull's dad and not a little kid? your comments are so immature and baseless. mm has made no excuses for the game. hereford was not the first school to shut down milford this year. you're the only person from hereford that gets on here and constantly posts unprovoked bashes at other schools. grow up already. you are staining an otherwise great program and community. feel sorry for your kid.

Whoa. You have misunderstood this post. There was no disrespect intended towards MM what so ever. MM played hard and their fans were gracious. This was merely a weak attempt to needle one certain poster that always belittles the Bulls victories. Sorry MM (and Mr. Program) if this came across wrong.

There is no need for the bickering. Everything the Hereford fans have said about the game has been right on the money. They kicked our a** in every phase of the game. We simply aren't very good this year and losing the guys we had last year did mean more than our staff imagined. Hopefully we can defeat Randallstown on Saturday to finish 7-3.

The 2A North seedings will probably be

1. Edmondson

2. ET/Hereford winner

3. ET/Hereford loser

4. Overlea

It is interesting that Overlea is going to sneak in. MM defeated Overlea... but it was clear as soon as a few weeks ago that Overlea had the inside track if MM lost to ET and Hereford. The big key for Overlea may have been not playing New Town. NT defeated MM while Overlea got to play SP who isn't that strong and collected 7 bonus points from them.

DJ

You deserve a lot of respect for the way you handle defeat. Character.

Good luck next week!

Whoa. You have misunderstood this post. There was no disrespect intended towards MM what so ever. MM played hard and their fans were gracious. This was merely a weak attempt to needle one certain poster that always belittles the Bulls victories. Sorry MM (and Mr. Program) if this came across wrong.

are you sure you don't write speeches/jokes for John Kerry?

:D

perhaps we should all be more positive in our criticisms and coverage of our programs and no one will get misunderstood.

There is no need for the bickering. Everything the Hereford fans have said about the game has been right on the money. They kicked our a** in every phase of the game. We simply aren't very good this year and losing the guys we had last year did mean more than our staff imagined. Hopefully we can defeat Randallstown on Saturday to finish 7-3.

The 2A North seedings will probably be

1. Edmondson

2. ET/Hereford winner

3. ET/Hereford loser

4. Overlea

DJ, It is so hard to put a value on senior leadeership, which it seems you lost a lot of when most of your 05 back field graduated.

Although I respected the job your entire coaching does it has grown since the recent Milford/Hereford game. I may get some argument on this but I feel a big crowd with a lot a noise can help fire up a team. I can't imagine how your players felt when they looked around and saw more fans for the visiting team than the home team, especially since this was senior day and all seniors were getting announced, with their parents, individually. Please don't misunderstand me. I trying to say I respect your players so much for putting in the effort and playing hard in spite of the circumstances.

DJ, It is so hard to put a value on senior leadeership, which it seems you lost a lot of when most of your 05 back field graduated.

Although I respected the job your entire coaching does it has grown since the recent Milford/Hereford game. I may get some argument on this but I feel a big crowd with a lot a noise can help fire up a team. I can't imagine how your players felt when they looked around and saw more fans for the visiting team than the home team, especially since this was senior day and all seniors were getting announced, with their parents, individually. Please don't misunderstand me. I trying to say I respect your players so much for putting in the effort and playing hard in spite of the circumstances.

We really don't get a big turnout for games unless we are playing Woodlawn, Randallstown, or New Town. Our kids love when our band is at the games but they chose to go to Virginia on Saturday instead of play at our Senior Day. I bet my life savings that there will be alot more of our "fans" at Randallstown on Saturday then last week against Hereford.

As for senior leadership, your correct in saying that it was lacking big time. We expected alot from our senior line but they took a step backwards this year. We will have 26 seniors next year and a QB with a year of starting experience under his belt so I'm expecting a deep playoff run next year. Hopefully a go to guy on offense will emerge because we didn't have one this year. There is a good chance that we will be moving up to 3A next year so this was probably our last game against Hereford. I've enjoyed playing against Hereford and Eastern Tech because they have excellent coaching staffs, great fan bases, and kids who play hard.

I think Milford's problem this year is they clearly lacked leadership and experience at the skilled positions. QB, WR, RB, CB etc... The kids at those positions were so young, they wern't able to consistently make plays when they needed to. Most of there seasoned players were on the offensive and defensive line.

Milford should be back in the thick of things the next couple of years. The QB has now gone through the growing pains and has 2 more years to improve!!

It is interesting that Overlea is going to sneak in. MM defeated Overlea... but it was clear as soon as a few weeks ago that Overlea had the inside track if MM lost to ET and Hereford. The big key for Overlea may have been not playing New Town. NT defeated MM while Overlea got to play SP who isn't that strong and collected 7 bonus points from them.

Is it as interesting as ET "sneaking" in last year at 6-4? Teams play who they are assigned to play. Period. That was kind of a backhanded insult toward Overlea that they beat SP Pt as opposed to NT. Overlea is NOT in the playoffs yet. They need to beat a much improved LR (not a sure thing at all) and Poly needs to lose to City.