Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

outtime

CITY v Poly

7 posts in this topic

I had a chance to go to a City/Poly football game way back when on Thanksgiving with an old friend that was a Poly grad and it was a great showcase of what high school football is all about.

This year, rivalry game or not, City is just way too talented and big for Poly this year. Poly already lost to the other big two this year (Dunbar, Edmonson) by a combined score of 94-28 and I see a 6th consecutive City shoutout, 8th overall. Give Wrenn another year or two to build up and this will be THE rivalry in MD once again

This game should be given national coverage.When it was played on Thanksgiving the local media would have it on radio and local cable access tv.

It's "OUR" fault that the game isn't given it's due anymore.When I say "OUR",I speak of CITY & poly alums.Half of us don't even know when the game is even played.

On paper,this should be a rout....but this is CITY/poly.It's like HARVARD/YALE---COWBOYS/REDSKINS----UCLA/USC----MICHIGAN/OHIO ST.In a rivalry game you throw records out the window.I know poly got blasted by DUNBAR & EDMONDSON,but knowing what's at stake for CITY(3A North #1 seed),and their own playoff fates at stake,this is gonna be an early playoff game.

I'll take CITY in a close,hard fought game.

i still take City in a blowout...but i think they would pull away late in the game...City is just too much of a talented team...so is Poly..but City's speed and strength shold beat out Poly's side of the ball...or maybe it will come down to play calling...

will see though...Go Knights

I know it is an uphill battle, but good luck to the Engineers. A win puts them in the playoffs, and another date with Edmondson. A loss and we watch at home.