Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest slapshot

Vote for HS "Game of the Week"

13 posts in this topic

Capire (and other's),

Here's your chance to vote for the Broadneck - Severna Park game of the week. Scroll to the bottom and vote. Certainly one of the most intense HS rivalries in Maryland:

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=1189847&version=11&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Also vote sp vs broadneck on WBALTV.com XTra Points

It looks like the SP Bneck game is going to be another great game with great implications for playoffs and county championships.

This is what makes it a great rivalery

Here's your chance to vote for the Broadneck - Severna Park game of the week. Scroll to the bottom and vote. Certainly one of the most intense HS rivalries in Maryland

I agree that this is an intense rivalry, but it pales in comparison to the Allegany-Fort Hill rivalry in Western Maryland. It's a sea of blue and red, 15,000 people strong, where families won't even sit with each other if the spouses went to different high schools. The rivalry is so intense that entire town battled over the name of the stadium, which sits on the grounds of Fort Hill. What used to be called Fort Hill Stadium is now called Greenway Avenue Stadium. They settled for naming it after the street.

That being said, I am interested in the Severna Park-Broadneck match-up, as they won't meet in the playoffs. Allegany and Fort Hill could potentially match up again for the regional championship in two weeks.

Perry Hall - Kenwood, for the County Championship. I think it's gonna be a good game to watch.

Any western Md. game would blow the socks of a baltimore metro area game. Hell Beall probably outdraws anyone in Baltimore County. If you want in my opinion the ONLY true rivalry left in Baltimore metro area, it's Hereford vs. Eastern. Thanks to reclassification and other powers the west side rivalries fall to mean anything. To me a rivalry MUST have some ramifications. MM vs. Randallstown wil be a barn burner but unforunately won't mean anything. I don't care what the sport, mens or womens, ET vs. Hereford around here is the real deal..

as for western md. yes football is big out there in terms of rivalries. as for the baltimore metro area, hitman, i guess you've never been to a severna park/broadneck football rivalry game. playoff implications are always on the line and its attended by thousands of people every year.

Only wish Hunt was available for the game.:(

thats two different threads that this pre excuse has been posted on

its all set up

SP loss-

"oh if we'd only had Hunt :( "

SP win-

"what great character shown by our parkees, winning without Hunt :rolleyes: "

why not just start a thread--

Parkees to play without Hunt

I cannot believe that North Harford vs. Edgewood is beating SP vs Broadneck for game of the week. You can vote mulitiple times. Please keep voting!!! http://www.thewbalchannel.com/xtrapoints/index.html

Yeah, but the Sp - Broadneck game is winning in the bigger market poll - the Metro Washington (which also includes No. Virginia).

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=1189847&version=11&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Coincidentally, I found out about the Fox (Washington, D.C.) poll from players on the Sp football team. That is the poll they are encouraging their fans to vote for...but it's all good. :D

Glad to see some other people recognizing the Fort Hill/Allegany rivalry.

77th meeting between these two schools. Both teams are 8-1, playing for Area championship, 1A points lead, 1A West championship, city bragging rights.

Should be a great atmosphere on Saturday! Probably somewhere around 8 to 10 thousand people.