Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theseeingeye

Girl's Pre-Season Top 15

3,413 posts in this topic

While it is great that we are praising the coaches for a job well done this season. I have to take a step back and wonder what happen to the “fan”. I listened to Pat Summit talk last night about how her kids were playing uninspired basketball. How this “new kid” has to be coached differently because they just don’t have the desire like previous kids. As a spectator, I thought I was the only one that saw this on the high school level. I saw a St. Francis Team, with no visible star go undefeated beating every opponent except Seton Keough. I saw Western that was the favorite until they lost its top post threat and still manage to get the finals with a Stud guard in Richards and a bunch of role players. I saw Seton Keough finally get over the hump with a big time transfer and Bussie finally realizing she cannot be stopped. I know this is late coming but even when people were shouting to the heavens about City not being able to win the “Big One” or Digital Coach cannot coach or Western’s coach cannot coach or SFA coach cannot coach; just listen to yourselves. Coaches are not perfect and coaches can make decision to win or lose games. While it interesting that there are so many Monday Night Quarterbacks, I wonder what you would do with the championship on the line. I have been to these games. I just enjoyed the game. I realize that there has to be a winner and a loser. I realize that the coaches can’t suit up and play the game. So to each high school coach. Who endure ignorant fans who told you; you could not coach or you are arrogant or had a parent who coached their kid from the side line, I say thank you for a great season.

Secondly, the “new basketball parent” has to relax and be a fan. You may know a little bit about basketball, but stop living vicariously through your children. NEWS FLASH-your child is not Candice Parker or Brittney Griner or Cheryl Miller. Truth is, your child may be a role-player. And that is nothing wrong with that. When I lived in VA, my child was role-player. I felt like she could have played more, but the girls that played in front were studs. My child came back and asked me why she was not playing. I had to think. In my mind I was saying you are not better than the girls in front of you, but instead I said babe, you have to work harder. We can no longer do that, we have to be honest with our kids. The one thing I notice, most parents who played at a high level of sports, do not live through their kids because they played at that level. It is the parents who have never played or made the team and never got a shot at getting in the game, who cause good coaches to quit. Some parents who played do this but it is mainly the ones who have not. Look up “Elena Delladonne”. The number 1 player in the nation, who is playing volleyball. Problem: Overbearing parent. I have been watching basketball for some years now and it is a horrible problem. Let the coaches’ coach and just be a fan of the team and your child. These coaches get anywhere from free to $3000.00 a season. Keep in mind you see these coaches at AAU event, random games, watching your kids on the weekend and preparing for the next season. I read in the paper awhile back, before the great Kim Rivers left. They asked him what he did after the season, he said. The day after I won the state title, I am right back at it wondering who is coming in next year and going to AAU games. Parents be a fan please. Because the next coach you get may not be the one you want. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

AAU coaches. I hear you in the stands talking about how your kids are not being used the right way. I understand what you’re saying. But take a minute and think. Anybody who is everybody has an AAU team. You have 20 different Baltimore Team and 60 different Maryland teams. Their only two true elite programs. Team Unique and Boo Williams. Everyone else are mid major teams. There is nothing wrong with having a good team. And some teams are on the up and up. But Boo Williams and James Nichols know Pat Summit, Geno Auriemma, Vivian Stringer, etc. On a 1st name basis. I know you all are coaches and for 8 months you are not paid and do a great job. My question is why then bad mouth a profession you are a part of. You do not win every year, you do not teach everything. If a coach bad mouths an AAU coach, I will be the first to put them on blast. Look at like this. If my child was going to Keough and she played in her age group in AAU. When she plays high school. You throw age out. She is now playing against girls, 13-19. So the things she did on her AAU level were great, but in high school she has to adapt. I appreciate the AAU coach but lately some of you have been very critical of high school coaches when you should take a look in the mirror. DON’T THROW STONES WHEN YOU LIVE IN GLASS HOUSE.

High School coaches. You represent our kids. And I know the parents, kids, administrators, and AAU coaches sometimes get on your nerves. All I can say is that’s your job. You knew that when you came in you would not only be a coach but a mentor; not only a mentor but a leader; not only a leader but an example. So don’t cry. It is a selfless job. If you do not want to do it, give it to someone else who cares. I see your frustration with it all but hey that’s what you get paid the “big bucks” for. (Sarcasms)

City coaches still can't coach. 40 point losses to RB and SF shouldn't happen. They still do not pass the ball to the bigs. DH coach is still suspect. Great win for the respective schools despite their coaches.:eek::eek:

themambas MARYLAND top 25 - the final report (cont.)

==========================

6.) HOLY CROSS (23-10) > The TARTANS finished tied for second in the WCAC regular season and was runner-up in the post season tournament. HOLY CROSS finished 14-3 in the WCAC and had 5 of it's 10 losses to GOOD COUNSEL and ST, FRANCES and another to RIVERDALE BAPTIST. The TARTANS finished fourth at the DIAMOND CITY CLASSIC in Delaware in December.

HOLY CROSS beat WESTERN early at the GEORGETOWN PREP CLASSIC and took a pair from ELIZABETH SETON. The TARTANS lose ANYA, THAMES and HENRY but bring back CHASE, BETHEL, WILLIAMS and MCCANTS.

7.) ELIZABETH SETON (24-7) > The ROADRUNNERS made their mark this year in a blip, finishing tied for second in the WCAC and coming back as a finalist in the BISHOP WALSH ,losing to KEOUGH. SETON lost two to both GOOD COUNSEL and HOLY CROSS and also lost to JERICHO CHRISTIAN.

The ROADRUNNERS started out strong with a 15 point win over SETON KEOUGH to kick off the campaign and beat ST. FRANCES in the WALSH semifinals in overtime.

8.) ARUNDEL (23-5) > One of the most accomplished classes in AACO league play, the CATS couldn't get over the hump and get the gold in state play. The CATS had all 5 losses come to the top 5 teams in RIVERDALE, E' ROOS', KEOUGH, ST. FRANCES and GOOD COUNSEL. The CATS dominated the county going undefeated again and beat BLAKE by 15 and WISE in the IAABO.

This highly scrutinized class goes on to different challenges now at THE UNIVERSITY of VIRGINIA, DREXEL UNIVERSITY and LASALLE UNIVERSITY. The CATS and the 'Legend' bring back the 6'4 VAILS and WATSON who stepped up as the scorer in the championship game.

9.) FALLSTON (28-0) > The COUGARS shook the 3A foundation to it's core with it's stunner of the most accomplished 3A program in the state. The rode into the madness on a classic HARLEE and rode out leaving a trail of disbelief. Disbelief to most of those outside the COUGAR locker room. It was the first state championship for the COUGARS after making 10 trips to the dance.

The COUGARS beat HOCO's third place CENTENNIAL by 15, PG 3A CHAMP LARGO by 15, and rival ABERDEEN by 18, all in the state playoffs. They also won their league championship by 31 before the shocker at the RAC. The future looks good in the COUGAR den with the talented and heady HARLEE coming back for one more and HOLEHOUSE coming back for her second year and second state championship.

10.) PAINT BRANCH (24-3) > The PANTHERS ran into destiny. Or rather a hot team and a sizzling star. The PANTHERS had another outstanding season finishing with one loss in the state. The PANTHERS rode a 52 game winning streak in the state into the RAC and came up just short. PAINT BRANCH took on an ambitious schedule travelling to NEW YORK in January and facing nationally ranked MURRY BERGTRAUM and losing to PSAL NY second place finisher SOUTH SHORE by 5. The PANTHERS beat WESTERN in a tough semifinal and handed URBANA it's first loss in a 3 point regional final win.

The PANTHERS will have to ride the shoulders of sophomore BRE "BONES' MOSELY with the departure of two of the PANTHER all-time greats HISLOP and QUIGLEY. Both still won state championships and will continue their basketball exploits and education at JAMES MADISON and BOSTON UNIVERSITY respectively.

11.) WESTERN (20-7) > The DOVES played the toughest schedule of any public school in MARYLAND and played PAINT BRANCH until the finish. The DOVES captured their fourth straight CITY TITLE with a 51-48 win at CITY. The DOVES beat CATONSVILLE twice, DIGITAL HARBOR and top 5 PSAL member JEFFERSON (NY) by 20.

The DOVES lost to nationally ranked OAK HILL (VA), NORTH BABYLON (NY) and RIVERDALE BAPTIST. The biggest loss of the season will be RICHARDS and HICKS who account for half of the DOVE offense. RICHARDS heads off to MORGANTOWN after an accomplished car

reer at WESTERN. The DOVES do have a bit of a nucleus back with CRAIG, SPENCE, BELL, JONES and WARD coming back.

12.) CITY (25-3) > The KNIGHTS finally rode back with the holy grail. After 169 years. 'The Castle on the Hill' now will have a pair of STATE CHAMPION banners that will adorn the rafters of CITY COLLEGE thanks to both the girls and boys championship victories. The KNIGHTS defeated previously undefeated RIVER HILL in an overtime classic after thrashing through their regional and semifinal. TAFT and BARKSDALE ran the show but got key contributions from both their three bigs and their wings.

Great season for the KNIGHTS who had their season cut short last year due to TAFT's freak injury. TAFT will return although BARKSDALE will not as the KNIGHTS defend the 'Castle' and the valuable hardware within.

13.) RIVER HILL (27-1) > The HAWKS flew into the RAC undefeated for the second time in four seasons and had it's feathers ruffled by the KNIGHTS of CITY COLLEGE and it's hopes for a second undefeated state championship dashed. An outstanding season nonetheless for the HAWKS whose one blemish doesn't stain an otherwise great run. The HAWKS were the regular season and tournament champions in HOCO after making it's third appearance in the HOCO title game in four years.

The HAWKS lose four seniors from the starting lineup and will look to revamp behind OLIVER next year. SEELAUS goes off to YALE and DANNELLY to RICHMOND and COACH WATERS looks for the next 6'3 to walk through the building in Clarksville.

14.) URBANA (25-1) > Another HAWK who had it's feathers ruffled after flying through effortlessly through the regular season. Effortlessly may be a stretch with a few scares down the stretch but the HAWKS won 25 straight before coming up just shoert in the regional final against PAINT BRANCH. The HAWKS were the MVAL CHAMPS and beat final 4 participants LINGANORE and NORTH HAGFERSTOWN to go with a win over MIDDLETOWN and a pair over WALKERSVILLE.

The 9-deep HAWK team lose FOSSETT and HARRIS to graduation but return sophomore post JUENGER and freshman guard MASON next year.

15.) BISHOP MCNAMARA (16-13) > The 'STANGS had the hardest schedule outside of RIVERDALE in the area. Not only did the young MUSTANGS play in the brutal WCAC but travelled to two holiday tournaments where they faced 5 either '08 STATE CHAMPIONS or runner-ups from NORTH CAROLINA, SOUTH CAROLINA and GEORGIA. B MAC finished at 10-7 in the WCAC with a win over GOOD COUNSEL. They beat state finalists from the CAROLINAS in WAKEFIELD (NC) and DORMAN (SC).

The 'STANGS return a decent lineup but will be doing it next year without the sevices of COACH SURRATT as the two go into different directions. Nice job by COACH SURRATT during his tenure.

========================

16.) FLOWERS (20-6) > The JAGUARS finished second in the regional to ELEANOR ROOSEVELT after beating rival WISE in the semifinal. The JAGS and the PUMAS from WISE have been riding shotgun to the RAIDERS for two years while the JAGS have won out over the PUMAS for second billing in PG. FLOWERS lost to the 4A STATE CHAMPS 3 times tis season to go along with losses to GOOD COUNSEL, FOREST PARK (VA) and a regular season meeting with WISE.

The JAGS lose GORHAM and WATERS but bring back a handful of contributors including PERSON, YELDER and BROWN. The JAGS and PUMAS will join the BULLDOGS from BOWIE in challenging the champs and attemting to knock them from the mantle.

17.) WISE (19-5) > The PUMAS challenged for second place in PG 4A all year and came up short to FLOWERS once again in the regional. The PUMAS did beat FLOWERS in the regular season meeting and fourth and fifth place NORTHWESTERN and BOWIE four times total. The PUMAS 5 losses include ones to ELEANOR ROOSEVELT,ARUNDEL and FOREST PARK (VA).

The PUMAS lose POPE-ADDISON and BLACKBURN but return 6 players with experience including BORUM, T SMITH, SLAYTON, GIBSONS, WAILS and WATERS. With the 6 returning the PUMAS have as goodaot as anyone to dethrone the champs.

18.) DIGITAL HARBOR (25-3) > The RAMS got their first STATE CHAMPIONSHIP early in it's brief existence while CITY gets it's first in over a century. The RAMS fell just short last year but finished this year and have a great shot of repeating next year. The RAMS dropped only 2 in the city, to WESTERN by 7 and CITY by 3. They also took an opening season thrashing to HD WOODSON. The RAMS did beat CATONSVILLE, state finalist SURRATSVILLE twice and state semifinalist ALLEGANY.

The RAMS bring everybody back including 6'0 forward LOGAN with classmates GROOM, BECKWITH, FLOYD and SUTTON. The RAMS will be favorites to repeat in '10.

19.) NORTH POINT (24-2) > NORTH POINT made a statement this year, going 21-1 in the regular season and winning the SMAC. NORTH POINT took out league nemisis GREAT MILLS on the way to the SMAC title and went undefeated within the league. They rode a 19 game winning streak into the regional final with RIVER HILL before losing it's second game of the season in the schools most successful campaign.

BUTLER returns as does several key pieces as the POINT shopuld again be the favorites in both the SMAC and the 2A regional.

20.) SPALDING (19-8) > The CAVALIERS have been positioned behind the PANTHERS and GATORS and in the three spot in the IAAM for two years now. The CAVS have one of the most talented young groups in the area and will look to make inroads against the IAAM giants next season. The CAVS lost all 5 games played against KEOUGH and ST. FRANCES and another to CITY. The CAVS beat JERICHO CHRISTIAN and IAAM fourth place MERCY twice.

The CAVS lose CLINTON but bring back their next seven in the rotation including a healthy BRINKLEY. SWINSON, MORRISON and CURTIS join MAKINS, FREELAND and BAILEY in the CAVS bid next year to reach the IAAM final.

21.) BLAKE (19-9) The BENGALS came on at the end and ran into the most accomplished 4A program in the history of MARYLAND basketball. The BENGALS played PAINT BRANCH to the limit in the regular season finale' and got past NORTHWEST a second time in the regional to reach their third straight final four. The BENGALS started out 3-6 before winning 16 of 18 down the stratch.

The BENGALS recieved an outstanding year from DOUGLAS and DUNSTON who depart but bring back a healthy WEITHMAN, HALL, ALLEN and DOMINGO.

21.) JERICHO CHRISTIAN (26-5) > JERICHO CHRISTIAN had one of it's most successful campaigns winning 26 games. JERICHO had huge wins over SETON KEOUGH and ELIZABETH SETON after early setbacks against CITY and SPALDING.

JERICHO loses P DAVIS and HICKS and bring back WALKER.

23.) LARGO (21-4) > The LIONS won the 3A PG league and lost to ELEANOR ROOSEVELT in the tournament final. The LIONS lost only 2 regular season games, one to GEORGETOWN VISITATION and another to HENRICO (VA) inn a 99-97 overtime thriller. They beat second and third place SURRATSVILLE and CROSSLAND a total of 5 times and had another win over GREAT MILLS in the regional.

The young LIONS lose MAXWELL and JOHNSON but return 'he little motor that could', LYONS. along with TAYLOR, WINSLOW, JOHNSON and HOLLAND.

24.) GAITHERSBURG (20-4) > The TROJANS had a fine season losing only 3 league games and finishing tied for first in MOCO 4A. The TROJANS beat regional finalist NORTHWEST twice and BLAKE early in the season. The TROJANS lost all three on the raod by a total of 15 points.

The TROJANS lose one in PRATER but bring back the MARSHALL sisters which should provide planty of relief in MOCO next season.

25.) NORTHWEST (20-6) > The JAGUARS had their most successful season ever going to the regional final before falling to BLAKE and winning 20 games this season. The JAGS lost 4 of their 6 to BLAKE and GAITHERSBURG and beat rivals WOOTON and CHURCHILL a total of 5 times.

The JAGS lose their dynamic dou of GREEN and REDDY who both had fine seasons in leading the JAGS to the regional finals. GREEN averaged double-double for the season and REDDY averaged 14 while hittin over 60 threes.

the top 40; ABERDEEN, JOPPATOWNE, CATONSVILLE, HOWARD, CENTENNIAL, OLD MILL, GREAT MILLS, BOWIE, SURRATTSVILLE, MT. HEBRON, WOOTON, MERCY, SENECA VALLEY, RESERVOIR,NORTH HAGERSTOWN

High School coaches. You represent our kids. And I know the parents, kids, administrators, and AAU coaches sometimes get on your nerves. All I can say is that’s your job. You knew that when you came in you would not only be a coach but a mentor; not only a mentor but a leader; not only a leader but an example. So don’t cry. It is a selfless job. If you do not want to do it, give it to someone else who cares. I see your frustration with it all but hey that’s what you get paid the “big bucks” for. (Sarcasms)

AAU??If it ain't Boo or Team unique than it's just summer rec programs. Some of those coaches run around like they are in the 'circle'. Most are just dads with no clue!

==========================

6.) HOLY CROSS (23-10) > The TARTANS finished tied for second in the WCAC regular season and was runner-up in the post season tournament. HOLY CROSS finished 14-3 in the WCAC and had 5 of it's 10 losses to GOOD COUNSEL and ST, FRANCES and another to RIVERDALE BAPTIST. The TARTANS finished fourth at the DIAMOND CITY CLASSIC in Delaware in December.

HOLY CROSS beat WESTERN early at the GEORGETOWN PREP CLASSIC and took a pair from ELIZABETH SETON. The TARTANS lose ANYA, THAMES and HENRY but bring back CHASE, BETHEL, WILLIAMS and MCCANTS.

7.) ELIZABETH SETON (24-7) > The ROADRUNNERS made their mark this year in a blip, finishing tied for second in the WCAC and coming back as a finalist in the BISHOP WALSH ,losing to KEOUGH. SETON lost two to both GOOD COUNSEL and HOLY CROSS and also lost to JERICHO CHRISTIAN.

The ROADRUNNERS started out strong with a 15 point win over SETON KEOUGH to kick off the campaign and beat ST. FRANCES in the WALSH semifinals in overtime.

8.) ARUNDEL (23-5) > One of the most accomplished classes in AACO league play, the CATS couldn't get over the hump and get the gold in state play. The CATS had all 5 losses come to the top 5 teams in RIVERDALE, E' ROOS', KEOUGH, ST. FRANCES and GOOD COUNSEL. The CATS dominated the county going undefeated again and beat BLAKE by 15 and WISE in the IAABO.

This highly scrutinized class goes on to different challenges now at THE UNIVERSITY of VIRGINIA, DREXEL UNIVERSITY and LASALLE UNIVERSITY. The CATS and the 'Legend' bring back the 6'4 VAILS and WATSON who stepped up as the scorer in the championship game.

9.) FALLSTON (28-0) > The COUGARS shook the 3A foundation to it's core with it's stunner of the most accomplished 3A program in the state. The rode into the madness on a classic HARLEE and rode out leaving a trail of disbelief. Disbelief to most of those outside the COUGAR locker room. It was the first state championship for the COUGARS after making 10 trips to the dance.

The COUGARS beat HOCO's third place CENTENNIAL by 15, PG 3A CHAMP LARGO by 15, and rival ABERDEEN by 18, all in the state playoffs. They also won their league championship by 31 before the shocker at the RAC. The future looks good in the COUGAR den with the talented and heady HARLEE coming back for one more and HOLEHOUSE coming back for her second year and second state championship.

10.) PAINT BRANCH (24-3) > The PANTHERS ran into destiny. Or rather a hot team and a sizzling star. The PANTHERS had another outstanding season finishing with one loss in the state. The PANTHERS rode a 52 game winning streak in the state into the RAC and came up just short. PAINT BRANCH took on an ambitious schedule travelling to NEW YORK in January and facing nationally ranked MURRY BERGTRAUM and losing to PSAL NY second place finisher SOUTH SHORE by 5. The PANTHERS beat WESTERN in a tough semifinal and handed URBANA it's first loss in a 3 point regional final win.

The PANTHERS will have to ride the shoulders of sophomore BRE "BONES' MOSELY with the departure of two of the PANTHER all-time greats HISLOP and QUIGLEY. Both still won state championships and will continue their basketball exploits and education at JAMES MADISON and BOSTON UNIVERSITY respectively.

11.) WESTERN (20-7) > The DOVES played the toughest schedule of any public school in MARYLAND and played PAINT BRANCH until the finish. The DOVES captured their fourth straight CITY TITLE with a 51-48 win at CITY. The DOVES beat CATONSVILLE twice, DIGITAL HARBOR and top 5 PSAL member JEFFERSON (NY) by 20.

The DOVES lost to nationally ranked OAK HILL (VA), NORTH BABYLON (NY) and RIVERDALE BAPTIST. The biggest loss of the season will be RICHARDS and HICKS who account for half of the DOVE offense. RICHARDS heads off to MORGANTOWN after an accomplished car

reer at WESTERN. The DOVES do have a bit of a nucleus back with CRAIG, SPENCE, BELL, JONES and WARD coming back.

12.) CITY (25-3) > The KNIGHTS finally rode back with the holy grail. After 169 years. 'The Castle on the Hill' now will have a pair of STATE CHAMPION banners that will adorn the rafters of CITY COLLEGE thanks to both the girls and boys championship victories. The KNIGHTS defeated previously undefeated RIVER HILL in an overtime classic after thrashing through their regional and semifinal. TAFT and BARKSDALE ran the show but got key contributions from both their three bigs and their wings.

Great season for the KNIGHTS who had their season cut short last year due to TAFT's freak injury. TAFT will return although BARKSDALE will not as the KNIGHTS defend the 'Castle' and the valuable hardware within.

13.) RIVER HILL (27-1) > The HAWKS flew into the RAC undefeated for the second time in four seasons and had it's feathers ruffled by the KNIGHTS of CITY COLLEGE and it's hopes for a second undefeated state championship dashed. An outstanding season nonetheless for the HAWKS whose one blemish doesn't stain an otherwise great run. The HAWKS were the regular season and tournament champions in HOCO after making it's third appearance in the HOCO title game in four years.

The HAWKS lose four seniors from the starting lineup and will look to revamp behind OLIVER next year. SEELAUS goes off to YALE and DANNELLY to RICHMOND and COACH WATERS looks for the next 6'3 to walk through the building in Clarksville.

14.) URBANA (25-1) > Another HAWK who had it's feathers ruffled after flying through effortlessly through the regular season. Effortlessly may be a stretch with a few scares down the stretch but the HAWKS won 25 straight before coming up just shoert in the regional final against PAINT BRANCH. The HAWKS were the MVAL CHAMPS and beat final 4 participants LINGANORE and NORTH HAGFERSTOWN to go with a win over MIDDLETOWN and a pair over WALKERSVILLE.

The 9-deep HAWK team lose FOSSETT and HARRIS to graduation but return sophomore post JUENGER and freshman guard MASON next year.

15.) BISHOP MCNAMARA (16-13) > The 'STANGS had the hardest schedule outside of RIVERDALE in the area. Not only did the young MUSTANGS play in the brutal WCAC but travelled to two holiday tournaments where they faced 5 either '08 STATE CHAMPIONS or runner-ups from NORTH CAROLINA, SOUTH CAROLINA and GEORGIA. B MAC finished at 10-7 in the WCAC with a win over GOOD COUNSEL. They beat state finalists from the CAROLINAS in WAKEFIELD (NC) and DORMAN (SC).

The 'STANGS return a decent lineup but will be doing it next year without the sevices of COACH SURRATT as the two go into different directions. Nice job by COACH SURRATT during his tenure.

Walters won't have to wait for a 6'3" to come through the doors. They will find one and she will appear like Oliver did.

16U TIP OFF TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE

Saturday April 11th 2009

114 Ware Avenue Towson, Maryland 21204

Saturday

10:00 AM MYBA Vs. Metro Lady Stars

11:15 AM Lady Lions Vs. Flames (Krusen)

12:30 PM MD Lady Clippers Vs. Metro Lady Stars

1:45 PM MD Lady Comets Vs. Flames (Krusen)

3:00 PM Fairfax Stars Vs. Lower Delco

4:15 PM MD Lady Clippers Vs. MYBA

5:30 PM Lady Lions Vs. Fairfax Stars

6:45 PM MD Lady Comets Vs. Lower Delco

1st Team Listed will be the HOME TEAM (Wear White or Light Colored Jerseys)

1. St. Francis- I heard is loading up. They have the kid from Spalding who never saw the floor because of grades. She is phenominal. And be on the look out for 3-4 transfer coming Coach Shelton's way.

2. Western- Just when thought Silver was done. After the transfer of her inside presence to SK. They visibly needed an inside game. Early indication have some big time transfers and some big time freshman coming in that should fill the void in the middle and at guard. Should win it all next year. Can you say national ranking.

3. Digital Harbor- bringing back all of thier firepower and should be the second best team in Baltimore City league next season. Logan and her crew are coming off of a State. Moving up to 2A and should win it all.

4. Fallston- Like how they play. Harlee is the real deal. Beside the Breezy Bishop, they don't play tough teams until the states. Would love thier schedule to be more competitive. Harford Co. Champs and should see Western in the Finals next season.

5. Spalding- with all thier weapons has the possibility to be the best team in the IAAM.

Your thoughts.

1. St. Francis- I heard is loading up. They have the kid from Spalding who never saw the floor because of grades. She is phenominal. And be on the look out for 3-4 transfer coming Coach Shelton's way.

2. Western- Just when thought Silver was done. After the transfer of her inside presence to SK. They visibly needed an inside game. Early indication have some big time transfers and some big time freshman coming in that should fill the void in the middle and at guard. Should win it all next year. Can you say national ranking.

3. Digital Harbor- bringing back all of thier firepower and should be the second best team in Baltimore City league next season. Logan and her crew are coming off of a State. Moving up to 2A and should win it all.

4. Fallston- Like how they play. Harlee is the real deal. Beside the Breezy Bishop, they don't play tough teams until the states. Would love thier schedule to be more competitive. Harford Co. Champs and should see Western in the Finals next season.

5. Spalding- with all thier weapons has the possibility to be the best team in the IAAM.

Your thoughts.

No doubt,Western will be very good.The current staff does a great job of recruiting.The loss of Richards leadership and clutch play will be missed.

Nationally ranked don't think so.

Your thoughts.

I am pretty sure Fallston moves to 2A from 3A next school year (2009-2010) due to a smaller school population.

16U TIP OFF TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE

Saturday April 11th 2009

114 Ware Avenue Towson, Maryland 21204

Saturday

10:00 AM - MYBA Vs. Lady Shooting Stars

11:15 AM Lady Lions Vs. Flames (Krusen)

12:30 PM MD Lady Clippers Vs. Team Mellow

1:45 PM MD Lady Comets Vs. Flames (Krusen)

3:00 PM Fairfax Stars Vs. Lower Delco

4:15 PM MD Lady Clippers Vs. MYBA

5:30 PM Lady Lions Vs. Fairfax Stars

6:45 PM MD Lady Comets Vs. Lower Delco

1st Team Listed will be the HOME TEAM (Wear White or Light Colored Jerseys)

great competition, must see!

January 30, 2009---Over 60 Division I level players will compete in the 2009

McDonald's Roundball Classic Mid Atlantic Premiere Boy's & Girl's Games on March

22 at Hagerstown CC.

G-Keirah Hicks 5-6 Western (Undecided)

http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=roundballclassic

Hicks has committted to West Virginia State Univ.

I have Crab Feast Tickets for July 24th 2009 from 8-12am

4301 Klosterman

Ave Baltimore, MD 21236.

Please call me if you need tickets.

443-740-0852

$45.00 now; $55.00 at the door.