Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theseeingeye

Girl's Pre-Season Top 15

3,413 posts in this topic

Are you familiar with the women's program at UMBC? Do they recruit locally? Any insight on the program would be helpfull.

They have one player from Woodlawn high on their roster. A handful of players from other parts of MD too. If they are recruiting locally (Baltimore metro area) they have not been very successful recently. Don't know much else about the program except the coach has been there 5 years which is not too bad these days.

They have one player from Woodlawn high on their roster. A handful of players from other parts of MD too. If they are recruiting locally (Baltimore metro area) they have not been very successful recently. Don't know much else about the program except the coach has been there 5 years which is not too bad these days.

thanks

Regarding Annapolis, I dont think they ever played "mighty Arundel" tough. ( your quote watkins)

well this thread has said that all(A.A) have loss to arundel by 20+ AM SAYING THAT ANNAPOLIS DIDN'T LOSE TO THEM BY 20+ LAST YEAR they ( annapolis) lost to them in the 1st game by 16 after leading by as much as 11 in that game..... and in the 2nd game they only lost to them by 13.. with parker going for 30 on them (arundel) .. so that's why I posted that annapolis played them as tough as any team in anne arundel county.. I respect the things you know and was only stating the facts ......I don't know much about the IAAM to comment on but anne arundel girls or boys basketball I know!!!....

Regarding Annapolis, I dont think they ever played "mighty Arundel" tough. ( your quote watkins)

well this thread has said that all(A.A) have loss to arundel by 20+ AM SAYING THAT ANNAPOLIS DIDN'T LOSE TO THEM BY 20+ LAST YEAR they ( annapolis) lost to them in the 1st game by 16 after leading by as much as 11 in that game..... and in the 2nd game they only lost to them by 13.. with parker going for 30 on them (arundel) .. so that's why I posted that annapolis played them as tough as any team in anne arundel county.. I respect the things you know and was only stating the facts ......I don't know much about the IAAM to comment on but anne arundel girls or boys basketball I know!!!....

As I am sure you know, a lot of times the final score does not always tell the real story. I have routinely watched Arundel build a 20 or 30 point lead going into the fourth qtr then let their bench play the entire last period. Now dont get me wrong, Omara Parker is talented, however, the real reason she scored 30 points was because she played the entire game while Arundel's starters were sitting on the bench watching the reserves. Its like watching the Spinnwebber kid from Chesapeake. She was a nice player also, however, the reason she led the county in scoring is because she never left the floor. Her team meanwhile was horrible and they got blown out most of the season. Parker and Spinnwebber played the entire game against AA Co cellar dwellars like, North County and NorthEast. Meanwhile, Arundel has so much talent, the kids are going to score less because no one plays the whole game during blowouts. The point is just because the final score indicated that Annapolis only lost to Arundel by 16 and 13 points does not in itself indicate that Annapolis was ever a quality team.

As I am sure you know, a lot of times the final score does not always tell the real story. I have routinely watched Arundel build a 20 or 30 point lead going into the fourth qtr then let their bench play the entire last period. Now dont get me wrong, Omara Parker is talented, however, the real reason she scored 30 points was because she played the entire game while Arundel's starters were sitting on the bench watching the reserves. Its like watching the Spinnwebber kid from Chesapeake. She was a nice player also, however, the reason she led the county in scoring is because she never left the floor. Her team meanwhile was horrible and they got blown out most of the season. Parker and Spinnwebber played the entire game against AA Co cellar dwellars like, North County and NorthEast. Meanwhile, Arundel has so much talent, the kids are going to score less because no one plays the whole game during blowouts. The point is just because the final score indicated that Annapolis only lost to Arundel by 16 and 13 points does not in itself indicate that Annapolis was ever a quality team.

I don't think that even the Annapolis kids would have called themselves a quality team.

Actually Watkins, Chesapeake ended up with a 500 record last year, hardly horrible. While not on a par with the likes of Arundel or Old Mill, they held their own, usually starting 2 freshman. Having follwed Arundel for a long time, don't fool yourself into thinking that they go deep into their bench. I don't recall McGuire spending too much time riding the pine, regardless of the score a few years ago when the bench was pretty talented.

Seems ashame though Watkins to lump in the egotistical "O" with Spinnenwebber.

I don't think that even the Annapolis kids would have called themselves a quality team.

dude get a life!!!!!! how can you make a statement like that... to say that the annapolis kids didn't think that they were a quality team.. they won 16 games !!!!! .. I really would like to know what a quality team is??? in your eyes...... as I see it YOU ARE A ANNAPOLIS HATER!!!! STOP HATING AND GIVE THE KIDS THE CREDIT OF HAVING A QUALITY YEAR!!!!

you are so wrong on this one.... parker didn't play the whole game against arundel... she was in foul trouble in both games... she scored those 30pts on the first team!!! and as far as her playing the whole game against northeast... well.. in the reg. season she didn't play against them .. only in the playoffs and she only played three quarters given them 16pts...... the whole season for parker was up and down... and she never played the whole game base on the fact that the coach was scared of a possible injury.. so I don't know where you are getting that from..... parker really was that GOOD and the team was GOOD too. GIVE them the CREDIT !!!!!!!

you are so wrong on this one.... parker didn't play the whole game against arundel... she was in foul trouble in both games... she scored those 30pts on the first team!!! and as far as her playing the whole game against northeast... well.. in the reg. season she didn't play against them .. only in the playoffs and she only played three quarters given them 16pts...... the whole season for parker was up and down... and she never played the whole game base on the fact that the coach was scared of a possible injury.. so I don't know where you are getting that from..... parker really was that GOOD and the team was GOOD too. GIVE them the CREDIT !!!!!!!

Regarding Chesapeake's .500 record, remember that they play in the less talented division of Anne Arundel County, meaning they only play Arundel, South River, and Severna Park once, while playing the traditionally weaker teams twice. So a .500 record for Chesapeake is not the same as a Broadneck .500 record

Regarding Annapolis: My point is that if Annapolis cant crack the top five of AA CO, I have trouble defining them as a quality team. BTW, did they beat anybody good last year? Anybody? Did they play any quality teams outside of AA CO? How are you defining quality? They lost to Wilde Lake which is a "HO CO sub .500 team." Annapolis girls has not been a factor in AA CO in many, many years. When they actually had the talent, their dual hatted coach wasted it away. As much as you hate to admit it, the only quality team in Annapolis plays thelate games on Friday nights. Regardless, the season tip off is near. So all the teams will get a chance to show their quality stuff on the court soon enough. Good luck.

Anybody have a Pre-Season Top 15?:eek: :eek:

Can't go 15 but here's my top 10. Haven't seen a lot of games outside of Baltimore city and county but I intend to.

1. St. Frances (didn't lose much, picked up some nice freshman)

2. Towson Catholic

3. Arundel ( the post player from the Lady Majic is a beast)

4. Seton Keough

5. St.Paul

6. Western ( I think they will surprise..despite being small)

7. Southside (Hicks will bust out this year)

8. City (whole new game this year)

9. Milford Mill

10. New Town

10. Digital Harbor ( I like the two freshman they got, both are ballers)

Can't go 15 but here's my top 10. Haven't seen a lot of games outside of Baltimore city and county but I intend to.

2. Towson Catholic

4. Seton Keough

5. St.Paul

9. Milford Mill

10. New Town

Digital Harbor- Asia Logan and who is the other?

Southside only has 3 ballers. I don't think it's enough. Hicks is about 5'5" Boston 5'1" Ledbetter 5'10". Where will the rebounding come from? Hicks is due for a break out season.

New Town- Did they get any recruits?

City- They have guards now!! Some height inside.

Milford Mill- They will be tough.

Seton Keough- Rumour has it. PG has some academic issues. If so, SK might be in for some tough times.

Western- It's hard to overcome height issues, when other team have competent big people and can match up with the guards. Akeema/Minor and good little guards.

Digital Harbor- Asia Logan and who is the other? Melanie Lundee from the Charm. I think they'll both be impact players. Good coach too.

Southside only has 3 ballers. I don't think it's enough. Hicks is about 5'5" Boston 5'1" Ledbetter 5'10". Where will the rebounding come from? Hicks is due for a break out season.

New Town- Did they get any recruits?

Not that I know of.

City- They have guards now!! Some height inside.

Milford Mill- They will be tough.

Seton Keough- Rumour has it. PG has some academic issues. If so, SK might be in for some tough times.

Western- It's hard to overcome height issues, when other team have competent big people and can match up with the guards. Akeema/Minor and good little guards.

Do you see a lot of competent post players in the city? City picked up a big girl but she didn't blow me away when I saw her. I'm hearing Western Tech is athletic and talented and I plan to see for myself. Starting my world tour tonight at Severna Park for a scrimmage against Mt. Hebron. Keep me posted and we'll revise the rankings later on.

Do you see a lot of competent post players in the city? City picked up a big girl but she didn't blow me away when I saw her. I'm hearing Western Tech is athletic and talented and I plan to see for myself. Starting my world tour tonight at Severna Park for a scrimmage against Mt. Hebron. Keep me posted and we'll revise the rankings later on.

A classic Post Player is a lost art. I don't know of any in the area. Most 'Big Girls 'outsize you. No moves,just bigger and can lay it up. I rarely even see the up and under. Athletes boys and girls don't follow shots up, don't box out, fade away. I wonder where is the coaching at both the High School and AAU circuit. Basic moves would work but are rarely used. A fundamentally sound team will give an athletic unfundamental team real trouble. I guess that's why you see some teams that shouldn't be in the ballpark with another team, hanging with them. Western Tech does not have coaching!!! Somebody collecting a check. Mt. Hebron is fundamentally sound. Your rankings are just fine. Just adding my comments. That's what's it's all about.:eek: :eek:

i am back,ready for another year of girls hs b-ball...

i along with pearl pick t.cahtolic to win it this year,but i agree with you,until someone knocks them off st.frances is #1,and i don't mean just beat them in the regular season,they have won 4 in a row and 5 out of the last 6 finals......

also st.frances plays at arundel in december,i won't miss that one....

and one more thing....i love t.catholic and st.frances,but no team in the area is a top 10 team in the nation,so that pre-season ranking is a little high for t.catholic...dr..no..

2. Towson Catholic

4. Seton Keough

5. St.Paul

9. Milford Mill

10. New Town

World,

I think you need to add Mcdonogh to that list somewhere between 4 and 6, The top 3 teams without a doubt is ST. F, TC & Arundel. The rumour is true about BJ so that takes them out of contention with that group and puts them in the second tier of teams which in my opinion would be McD, St Pauls and Seton Keough and then the next tier would probably be Old Mill, City, Western and Newtown. Also, for what it's worth Mcd beat Keough this weekend in a 25 minute scrimmage without Mallory which is why I put them at # 4.

dude get a life!!!!!! how can you make a statement like that... to say that the annapolis kids didn't think that they were a quality team.. they won 16 games !!!!! .. I really would like to know what a quality team is??? in your eyes...... as I see it YOU ARE A ANNAPOLIS HATER!!!! STOP HATING AND GIVE THE KIDS THE CREDIT OF HAVING A QUALITY YEAR!!!!

Not a hater, there are a couple of good kids at the school, but I will stand by what I said and what every one else is saying.

Nap,

Allballs is a KNOWN hater.

But what's even more pathetic, is that he lurks in the background, never once professing his connection to high school sports - e.g., former coach?, what school he does support?, kids playing high school sports?. Nothing. Ever.

All he does is lurk and pick out programs, players or coaches he doesn't like. Then he criticizes.

Good luck. :D

Nap,

Allballs is a KNOWN hater.

But what's even more pathetic, is that he lurks in the background, never once professing his connection to high school sports - e.g., former coach?, what school he does support?, kids playing high school sports?. Nothing. Ever.

All he does is lurk and pick out programs, players or coaches he doesn't like. Then he criticizes.

Good luck. :D

bell just rang, hustle back down the hall Arfy

your trolling is done here.

do you have something to post on topic?

by the way point out the hate on this thread

World,

I think you need to add Mcdonogh to that list somewhere between 4 and 6, The top 3 teams without a doubt is ST. F, TC & Arundel. The rumour is true about BJ so that takes them out of contention with that group and puts them in the second tier of teams which in my opinion would be McD, St Pauls and Seton Keough and then the next tier would probably be Old Mill, City, Western and Newtown. Also, for what it's worth Mcd beat Keough this weekend in a 25 minute scrimmage without Mallory which is why I put them at # 4.

You're right. I overlooked them. They're probably a top 10 for sure. That's too bad about Seton Keough.

You're right. I overlooked them. They're probably a top 10 for sure. That's too bad about Seton Keough.

They still have a shooter, and a 6'4" post, something tells me they'll still be tough.

Plus maybe the PG will take the wake up call to heart and get back soon

Regarding big girls and post moves: It is amazing how many big girls actually make it to the college ranks without ever been taught any post moves. Usually all you see is a turn around jumper or a put back. Sometimes you see a drop step.

A bright exception, Simone Egwu a very nice up and under and a wicked hook shot.