Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theseeingeye

Girl's Pre-Season Top 15

3,413 posts in this topic

i am back,ready for another year of girls hs b-ball...

i along with pearl pick t.cahtolic to win it this year,but i agree with you,until someone knocks them off st.frances is #1,and i don't mean just beat them in the regular season,they have won 4 in a row and 5 out of the last 6 finals......

also st.frances plays at arundel in december,i won't miss that one....

and one more thing....i love t.catholic and st.frances,but no team in the area is a top 10 team in the nation,so that pre-season ranking is a little high for t.catholic...dr..no..

Welcome back!!! The Sun Poll will be out tomorrow. I am wondering what Bizarre picks to expect!!!:eek: :eek:

Welcome back!!! The Sun Poll will be out tomorrow. I am wondering what Bizarre picks to expect!!!:eek: :eek:

They do like to touch base with all their readership early on, who in Harford Co might they add?

1. St. Francis

2. Towson Catholic

Marah Strickland is a beast.

3. Arundel

4. Seton Keough

5. City

Briara Barksdale and Lashay Taft, Best Back-court in area

6. Milford Mill

7. Old Mill

8.. Western Kind of little. 1 inexperience post player. Good little guards.

9. Southern

10. McDonogh No McMallory yet.

11. St Paul

Bailey is a defensive wizard. If only if she could score. Where are the guards????

12. Winters Mill

13. Westminster

14. Southside Ledbetter can win games by her self.

15. New Town

16. Pallotti

I have seen some scrimmages and thus the tinkering. I would like to see some HOC games. Anybody knows a good matchup or scrimmage, I can attend:??? This should be an interesting year. With the loss of SK PG they could be troubled.eek: :eek:

1. St. Francis

2. Towson Catholic

Marah Strickland is a beast.

3. Arundel

4. Seton Keough

5. City

Briara Barksdale and Lashay Taft, Best Back-court in area

6. Milford Mill

7. Old Mill

8.. Western Kind of little. 1 inexperience post player. Good little guards.

9. Southern

10. McDonogh No McMallory yet.

11. St Paul

Bailey is a defensive wizard. If only if she could score. Where are the guards????

12. Winters Mill

13. Westminster

14. Southside Ledbetter can win games by her self.

15. New Town

16. Pallotti

I have seen some scrimmages and thus the tinkering. I would like to see some HOC games. Anybody knows a good matchup or scrimmage, I can attend:??? This should be an interesting year. With the loss of SK PG they could be troubled.eek: :eek:

a look at http://www.viewmyschedule.com will tell you where a lot of schools are

for instance, on Saturday, Arundel scrimmages Toms River

Old Mill scrimmages Spalding

1. St. Frances

Last season: 25-6, ranked No. 1

• Four returning starters, good chemistry and a deep bench give the four-time defending Interscholastic Athletic Association of Maryland A Conference champ the early edge as it embarks on an ambitious December schedule.

2. Towson Catholic

Last season: 22-5, No. 4

• With a No. 7 preseason ranking in USA Today, the talented Owls aim for the top locally while taking on a tough national schedule, including a trip to the Nike Tournament of Champions in Arizona just before Christmas.

3. Arundel

Last season: 22-5, No. 7

• The state semifinalist Wildcats have a load of young talent to fill in for the three starters who graduated and should stay on top in Anne Arundel County.

4. McDonogh

Last season: 20-8, No. 6

• Look for the Eagles to be less powerful in the paint but quicker and more athletic all around, a combination that will keep them in the hunt with the other top A Conference teams.

No McMallory can't be this high.

5. Seton Keough

Last season: 25-6, No. 2

• Even without All-Metro guard B.J. Williams, who is academically ineligible until January, the A Conference runner-up has the talent to keep it in the thick of the conference race.

6. Atholton

Last season: 21-6, No. 12

• The Raiders reached the state semifinals for the first time in 23 years last season, and they are primed for a return trip as well as a run at the Howard County title.

Only the Sun staff knows why.

7. New Town

Last season: 20-5, No. 10

• The defending Baltimore County champion Titans bring back blazing speed and an experienced squad after two trips to the state final.

This is not NT of old.

8. Old Mill

Last season: 20-5, not ranked

• The Patriots bring back four seniors who look to give Arundel a run for the Anne Arundel County title after dropping three games last season to the Wildcats.

9. Western

Last season: 24-2, No. 5

• The Doves graduated a lot of talent from their Class 3A state runner-up team, but look for them to rebuild quickly.

10. River Hill

Last season: 28-0, No. 3

• Look for the Class 3A state champ to be more balanced after graduating stellar guard Keisha Eaddy, as it remains in the thick of the Howard County race.

Wow!! This area must sell the most Sun papers.

11. Mount Hebron

Last season: 19-6, No. 11

• The Vikings will continue to give opponents fits with their high-intensity defense as they try to overtake Atholton and River Hill in Howard County.

Another Howard County Lunacy Pick.

12. Joppatowne

Last season: 16-6, not ranked

• With Arielle Townes back after a torn anterior cruciate ligament last season, the Mariners have the speed and experience to rule Harford County.

Rule a horrible Harford County.

13. Southside

Last season: 22-8, No. 8

• The Jaguars have some young talent to make up for their losses as they battle for a fourth straight trip to the Class 1A state final.

What young talent??

14. St. Vincent Pallotti

Last season: 21-3, unranked

• The B Conference champ return all but one starter and should easily contend for a repeat.

15. Catonsville

Last season: 20-5, No. 14

Catonsville?? Why?? Why?? Why??? B-Conference Bryn Marw gave them fits!!!!!!!!

• The Comets have potential but are young, as they try to return to the Baltimore County title game.

Others considered // Fallston (16-9), Severna Park (10-14), South River (18-6), Southern (17-9), Westminster (14-8).

Allball you called it, with the Joppatown and Fallston picks..

Again it will take us to find who is who. I love it.

This is an absolute joke. I will comment more later.

:eek: :eek: :

1. St. Frances

Last season: 25-6, ranked No. 1

• Four returning starters, good chemistry and a deep bench give the four-time defending Interscholastic Athletic Association of Maryland A Conference champ the early edge as it embarks on an ambitious December schedule.

2. Towson Catholic

Last season: 22-5, No. 4

• With a No. 7 preseason ranking in USA Today, the talented Owls aim for the top locally while taking on a tough national schedule, including a trip to the Nike Tournament of Champions in Arizona just before Christmas.

3. Arundel

Last season: 22-5, No. 7

• The state semifinalist Wildcats have a load of young talent to fill in for the three starters who graduated and should stay on top in Anne Arundel County.

4. McDonogh

Last season: 20-8, No. 6

• Look for the Eagles to be less powerful in the paint but quicker and more athletic all around, a combination that will keep them in the hunt with the other top A Conference teams.

No McMallory can't be this high.

5. Seton Keough

Last season: 25-6, No. 2

• Even without All-Metro guard B.J. Williams, who is academically ineligible until January, the A Conference runner-up has the talent to keep it in the thick of the conference race.

6. Atholton

Last season: 21-6, No. 12

• The Raiders reached the state semifinals for the first time in 23 years last season, and they are primed for a return trip as well as a run at the Howard County title.

Only the Sun staff knows why.

7. New Town

Last season: 20-5, No. 10

• The defending Baltimore County champion Titans bring back blazing speed and an experienced squad after two trips to the state final.

This is not NT of old.

8. Old Mill

Last season: 20-5, not ranked

• The Patriots bring back four seniors who look to give Arundel a run for the Anne Arundel County title after dropping three games last season to the Wildcats.

9. Western

Last season: 24-2, No. 5

• The Doves graduated a lot of talent from their Class 3A state runner-up team, but look for them to rebuild quickly.

10. River Hill

Last season: 28-0, No. 3

• Look for the Class 3A state champ to be more balanced after graduating stellar guard Keisha Eaddy, as it remains in the thick of the Howard County race.

Wow!! This area must sell the most Sun papers.

11. Mount Hebron

Last season: 19-6, No. 11

• The Vikings will continue to give opponents fits with their high-intensity defense as they try to overtake Atholton and River Hill in Howard County.

Another Howard County Lunacy Pick.

12. Joppatowne

Last season: 16-6, not ranked

• With Arielle Townes back after a torn anterior cruciate ligament last season, the Mariners have the speed and experience to rule Harford County.

Rule a horrible Harford County.

13. Southside

Last season: 22-8, No. 8

• The Jaguars have some young talent to make up for their losses as they battle for a fourth straight trip to the Class 1A state final.

What young talent??

14. St. Vincent Pallotti

Last season: 21-3, unranked

• The B Conference champ return all but one starter and should easily contend for a repeat.

15. Catonsville

Last season: 20-5, No. 14

Catonsville?? Why?? Why?? Why???

• The Comets have potential but are young, as they try to return to the Baltimore County title game.

Others considered // Fallston (16-9), Severna Park (10-14), South River (18-6), Southern (17-9), Westminster (14-8).

Allball you called it, with the Joppatown and Fallston picks..

Again it will take us to find who is who. I love it.

This is an absolute joke. I will comment more later.

:eek: :eek: :

I though Atholton was a strange pick. I thought Catonsville had a powerhouse jv last year? Couldn't that push them into the top 15?

I was disappointed that Southside's Hicks didn't get a mention. She's better than a few of those names I saw.

Anyone have the results of the St. Frances vs South River girls basketball scrimmage from Monday evening?

I though Atholton was a strange pick. I thought Catonsville had a powerhouse jv last year? Couldn't that push them into the top 15?

I was disappointed that Southside's Hicks didn't get a mention. She's better than a few of those names I saw.

Catonsville is probably 4th best in Balto Co. MM,NT,WT:eek: :eek:

They do have a great coach. I wasn't impressed with their JV last year, again the JV had a very good coach.

I have heard that Catonsville have a few good players. They might be better than what I think. Beating on weak Balto County teams is not an indicator. When Catonsville played tough teams last year. They were blown out. They did play Western tough in the playoffs. We will see..:eek: :eek:

Anyone have the results of the St. Frances vs South River girls basketball scrimmage from Monday evening?

I will find out-- my guess is that they are still trying to add up the SF scoring :eek: :eek: :eek:

How is South River a "team to be considered"???

Can somebody tell me how Atholton got ranked high but Milford Mill, who beat Atholton in the state semifinals and brings everybody back minus one starter didn't even get a mention?

Catonsville is probably 4th best in Balto Co. MM,NT,WT:eek: :eek:

They do have a great coach. I wasn't impressed with their JV last year, again the JV had a very good coach,.:eek: :eek:

The varsity has a great coach or the jv? The jv had a great coach but you weren't impressed by the team? Is Buckman from the Waves still the jv coach? I thought I read here last season that the jv was all that.

I know they don't want to overload the IAAM on to the poll

I know AA Co a big subscription base

No St Paul's?

Heck, Mercy and Spalding belong on that "others considered" list over Southern, South River, Severna Park

I saw what I thought was Catonsville in a fall league.... scary

New Town?? Uh uh

The varsity has a great coach or the jv? The jv had a great coach but you weren't impressed by the team? Is Buckman from the Waves still the jv coach? I thought I read here last season that the jv was all that.

Lisa Long was the JV coach last year. She knows the game. She knows how to get the most out of her players. I think they have a new JV coach. Moeller does the same.:eek: :eek:

Can somebody tell me how Atholton got ranked high but Milford Mill, who beat Atholton in the state semifinals and brings everybody back minus one starter didn't even get a mention?

It's not explainable. This board will get it right.:eek: :eek:

Lisa Long was the JV coach last year. She knows the game. She knows how to get the most out of her players. I think they have a new JV coach. Moeller does the same.:eek: :eek:

LL is good. A little crazy but good. :)

61-33

The Sun has no clue.

-How do you rank players who have already signed D1 letters as other notables? Other unsigned players get more ink.

-What coaches have they talked to?

All I can say is their rankings will be proven wrong in the first week of play!

Cassie Cooke

Westminster, guard

• A multitalented sophomore, Cooke played a little of every position last season, averaging 12.5 points and nine rebounds for the co-Carroll County champ, but she will take over as point guard this winter.

Who is this????

Sasha Matthew

Joppatowne, guard

• A complete player who handles the ball well and averaged six assists, the 5-foot-4 senior emerged as a cornerstone, also contributing 14.1 points per game

Who????

Julie Taylor

Atholton, guard

• The floor leader for the Class 2A state semifinalists, the Raiders' 5-foot-6 point guard can control both ends of the floor with a solid offensive game (13.1 points, four assists) and a tenacious defensive stand

Ernesta Griciunaite, Mt. Carmel She is tall. 6'2 or 6'3. It's 2 of them don't know who is who. Both of them were made for the C-Conference. Can't jump. Slow. No defense. Lower tier D-2 prospect at best. One of them can shoot set 3's. I guess the Key School and Park fear this player.

Other notables // Kim Acton, Severna Park; Jasmine Barksdale, Roland Park; Marcia Bond, Mercy; Tyra Breaux, New Town; Asya Bussie, Seton Keough; Becky Cox, McDonogh; Corey Donohoe, North Harford; Kelsey Erdman, River Hill; Annesia Faulkner, St. Vincent Pallotti; Kelsey Franklin, South Carroll; Allison Geoghan, River Hill; Brittne Gowdy, Milford Mill; Kandice Green, St. Frances; Ernesta Griciunaite, Mt. Carmel; Alex Held, Westminster; Lauren Houck, C. Milton Wright; Tracy Johns, Towson Catholic; Meredith Larsen, Bryn Mawr; Miriam McKenzie, Oakland Mills; Victoria Mitchell, City; Jordan Neville, Winters Mill; Jaclyn Nucci, South River; Alee Pagnotti, Notre Dame Prep; Danielle Parker, Dulaney; Jen Peters, Winters Mill; Amisha Queen, Old Mill; Ayanna Randolph, Arundel; Jill Rekart, Mount Hebron; Akeema Richards, Western; Dawnae Roberts, St. Frances; Alrana Roland, Bel Air; Heather Schneck, Southern; Shannel Shivers, Aberdeen; Whitney Snoops, Archbishop Spalding; Kristen Steiner, Fallston; Shanice Taylor, Dunbar; Arielle Townes, Joppatowne; Candice Walker, Towson Catholic; LaKisha Walker, St. Frances; Jen Willis, Catonsville; Jessica Wilson, Severn.

I have no idea why I should watch out for most of the group the Sun listed and it numerous. Did I somehow miss all these great athletes during the season and AAU.

Hmmm Candace Green a mere notable and I think she is one of the best most physical players around. I could go on and on. Wow!! It just simply amazes me.:eek: :eek:

Ernesta Griciunaite, Mt. Carmel I guess the Key School and Park fear this player.

Coke running out of my nose at my desk when I laugh at this, boss looking over here wondering whats funny.

Cassie Cook-- point guard on the defunct Sure Shot 91 team that had Egwu and Davis and trounced Cougars in States before blowing up. Not sure who she was with last summer. She is good.

Coke running out of my nose at my desk when I laugh at this, boss looking over here wondering whats funny.

Cassie Cook-- point guard on the defunct Sure Shot 91 team that had Egwu and Davis and trounced Cougars in States before blowing up. Not sure who she was with last summer. She is good.

May have seen her, name didn't ring a bell.:eek: :eek:

Eye,

you are too funny. I watched Severna Park and C. Milton Wright scrimmage last night. SP has a really good guard, #3.

Didn't see much else. No one should be afraid of anyone on the CM Wright team which is out of Harford county. I guess the Sun is just trying to be fair and give girls from every area some pub. Not a good list though.

Eye,

you are too funny. I watched Severna Park and C. Milton Wright scrimmage last night. SP has a really good guard, #3.

Didn't see much else. No one should be afraid of anyone on the CM Wright team which is out of Harford county. I guess the Sun is just trying to be fair and give girls from every area some pub. Not a good list though.

Was it Lilley?

C Milton has a player on the list. She is a 5'8 1/2" center. Listed right alongside Bussie, etc. Good list. Sells papers.

Watch out the circulation department is now targeting the Eastern Shore, I hear Becky Sue in Federalsburg got game.

I think Howard County's strong performance in the state playoffs last year gives that league credibility and consideration in the rankings. I know Mt. Hebron and River Hill usually scrimmage some of the areas more respected programs. If they have had those scrimmages I would be interested in hearing how they did.

I think Howard County's strong performance in the state playoffs last year gives that league credibility and consideration in the rankings. I know Mt. Hebron and River Hill usually scrimmage some of the areas more respected programs. If they have had those scrimmages I would be interested in hearing how they did.

I saw some Centennial girls at Keough fall league

I am told that as girls basketball goes, Centennial is a great academic school