Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theseeingeye

Girl's Pre-Season Top 15

3,413 posts in this topic

I saw some Centennial girls at Keough fall league

I am told that as girls basketball goes, Centennial is a great academic school

LOL HOCO is most definitely a powerhouse. City and Western would beat Atholton,River Hill and Mt. Hebron by 30 or more. Lashay Taft from City would start on most HOCO Boys Varsity. On a serious note, IND could be interesting. They have 2 legit 6's and 1 erractic point guard. They should beat up the lower half of the A- Conference. They need another player to step up.

:eek: :eek:

I hear Becky Sue in Federalsburg got game.

Don't laugh. Every year at UMBC I see a team from way out somewhere kicking up dust. Last year it was something called Catoctin.

Don't laugh. Every year at UMBC I see a team from way out somewhere kicking up dust. Last year it was something called Catoctin.

Were they the team with triplets ?

To Seeing Eye : In Reguards To Your Poll Comment. Get Ready To Get On The Lunacy Bus -m-town Has A Lot Of Talent And Heart. The Team Has Been Young The Last Few Years But Their Rollen Now. To All The Ballers Out Their Have Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To World: In Reguards To Your Poll Comment. Get Ready To Get On The Lunacy Bus -m-town Has A Lot Of Talent And Heart. The Team Has Been Young The Last Few Years But Their Rollen Now. To All The Ballers Out Their Have Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who is M-Town?

Cassie Cooke

Westminster, guard

• A multitalented sophomore, Cooke played a little of every position last season, averaging 12.5 points and nine rebounds for the co-Carroll County champ, but she will take over as point guard this winter.

Who is this????

Sasha Matthew

Joppatowne, guard

• A complete player who handles the ball well and averaged six assists, the 5-foot-4 senior emerged as a cornerstone, also contributing 14.1 points per game

Who????

Julie Taylor

Atholton, guard

• The floor leader for the Class 2A state semifinalists, the Raiders' 5-foot-6 point guard can control both ends of the floor with a solid offensive game (13.1 points, four assists) and a tenacious defensive stand

Ernesta Griciunaite, Mt. Carmel She is tall. 6'2 or 6'3. It's 2 of them don't know who is who. Both of them were made for the C-Conference. Can't jump. Slow. No defense. Lower tier D-2 prospect at best. One of them can shoot set 3's. I guess the Key School and Park fear this player.

Other notables // Kim Acton, Severna Park; Jasmine Barksdale, Roland Park; Marcia Bond, Mercy; Tyra Breaux, New Town; Asya Bussie, Seton Keough; Becky Cox, McDonogh; Corey Donohoe, North Harford; Kelsey Erdman, River Hill; Annesia Faulkner, St. Vincent Pallotti; Kelsey Franklin, South Carroll; Allison Geoghan, River Hill; Brittne Gowdy, Milford Mill; Kandice Green, St. Frances; Ernesta Griciunaite, Mt. Carmel; Alex Held, Westminster; Lauren Houck, C. Milton Wright; Tracy Johns, Towson Catholic; Meredith Larsen, Bryn Mawr; Miriam McKenzie, Oakland Mills; Victoria Mitchell, City; Jordan Neville, Winters Mill; Jaclyn Nucci, South River; Alee Pagnotti, Notre Dame Prep; Danielle Parker, Dulaney; Jen Peters, Winters Mill; Amisha Queen, Old Mill; Ayanna Randolph, Arundel; Jill Rekart, Mount Hebron; Akeema Richards, Western; Dawnae Roberts, St. Frances; Alrana Roland, Bel Air; Heather Schneck, Southern; Shannel Shivers, Aberdeen; Whitney Snoops, Archbishop Spalding; Kristen Steiner, Fallston; Shanice Taylor, Dunbar; Arielle Townes, Joppatowne; Candice Walker, Towson Catholic; LaKisha Walker, St. Frances; Jen Willis, Catonsville; Jessica Wilson, Severn.

I have no idea why I should watch out for most of the group the Sun listed and it numerous. Did I somehow miss all these great athletes during the season and AAU.

Hmmm Candace Green a mere notable and I think she is one of the best most physical players around. I could go on and on. Wow!! It just simply amazes me.:eek: :eek:

Sasha Matthews is an outstanding basketball player. Would it be possible for everyone to consider using this message board to build kids and teams up, and not take shots at them? Maybe they should send their list to you for approval before they post it. :) You appear to have a great deal of knowledge of girls high school basketball, are you a coach, or are you affiliated with any AAU program? Keep up the good work.

Sasha Matthews is an outstanding basketball player. Would it be possible for everyone to consider using this message board to build kids and teams up, and not take shots at them? Maybe they should send their list to you for approval before they post it. :) You appear to have a great deal of knowledge of girls high school basketball, are you a coach, or are you affiliated with any AAU program? Keep up the good work.

It's not taking shots. It is what is. Are you saying for the sake of the athlete, I should say they are talented? If a post player has no offensive moves, I should say she does? I should build up teams that are not good? This is an opinion board, I will continue to express my evaluations. I literally see about 100 Girl's High School games each season. I am counting JV too. Numerous AAU games local and out of town. I don't know it all. I know a little something. :eek: :eek:

It's not taking shots. It is what is. Are you saying for the sake of the athlete, I should say they are talented? If a post player has no offensive moves, I should say she does? I should build up teams that are not good? This is an opinion board, I will continue to express my evaluations. I literally see about 100 Girl's High School games each season. I am counting JV too. Numerous AAU games local and out of town. I don't know it all. I know a little something. :eek: :eek:

I understand, but these are not college athletes on scholarship, or professionals. They are just high school kids playing basketball, in an attempt to receive a well rounded education. Very few (private or public school) are going to play at the next level. Let them enjoy the little acknowledgement they get. Those who are in the know, have a good idea of who the elite athletes are. They are usually the ones receiving full ride scholarships. Public criticism of kids , especially by name, is a dangerous thing. These kids do read what is being said about them. I can't tell you what to say, but could you consider being a little more encouraging. I think a discussion about girls basketball can be a little more civil than some of the stuff being said on the football threads. Discussions degenerated to a point where people were calling kids "thugs", and "illiterate"...

Cassie Cooke Westminster, guard

I was informed that she is the truth. I did see her ,did not recognize the name. 91 Cougars SG

Sasha Matthew

Joppatowne, guard

• A complete player who handles the ball well and averaged six assists, the 5-foot-4 senior emerged as a cornerstone, also contributing 14.1 points per game

I was informed that she is an average player.

Julie Taylor Atholton, guard

The floor leader for the Class 2A state semifinalists, the Raiders' 5-foot-6 point guard can control both ends of the floor with a solid offensive game (13.1 points, four assists) and a tenacious defensive stand

I was informed that she is an average player.

I understand, but these are not college athletes on scholarship, or professionals. They are just high school kids playing basketball, in an attempt to receive a well rounded education. Very few (private or public school) are going to play at the next level. Let them enjoy the little acknowledgement they get. Those who are in the know, have a good idea of who the elite athletes are. They are usually the ones receiving full ride scholarships. Public criticism of kids , especially by name, is a dangerous thing. These kids do read what is being said about them. I can't tell you what to say, but could you consider being a little more encouraging. I think a discussion about girls basketball can be a little more civil than some of the stuff being said on the football threads. Discussions degenerated to a point where people were calling kids "thugs", and "illiterate"...

This board has been quite civil, unlike other boards. There has been some exchanges between posters, but it is harmless.There are good analysis of team weaknesses and positives. I would have never watched Dundalk last year if it wasn't for this board stating how great Reed was. I had to see it for myself. Reed had a team that wasn't ready for her and her passes. I didn't recognize that at first. I have also come to admire Watkins and TASE. They have in-depth knowledge and know way more than me. This board gives a truer picture of the top area teams. The posters give detailed game reports. All in all, I have enjoyed the patter.:eek: :eek:

To Seeing Eye : In Reguards To Your Poll Comment. Get Ready To Get On The Lunacy Bus -m-town Has A Lot Of Talent And Heart. The Team Has Been Young The Last Few Years But Their Rollen Now. To All The Ballers Out Their Have Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mt Hebron coach does a great job with his(Corrected) Field Hockey and Lacrosse players. A basketball powerhouse, not. A well coached team yes.:eek: :eek:

Mt Hebron coach is a Scott Robinson not a her... One of the best coaches in the area...can anyone name the last player for Mt Hebron to play basketball at any level in college???

You know, not too long ago Mount Hebron used to be a powerhouse, along with an emerging River Hill, an aging Oakland Mills, and a nipping-at-the-heels Long Reach. And this was within the last 7-10 years. And along with the school successes, HoCo also had a pretty strong Waves AAU organization. What happened? Defections to the Cougars and the Hurricanes, and HoCo girls going to Baltimore immediate-area and D.C. immediate-area private and Catholic schools. And more military-national security-government contractor families moving into AACo over this same time.

You know, not too long ago Mount Hebron used to be a powerhouse, along with an emerging River Hill, an aging Oakland Mills, and a nipping-at-the-heels Long Reach. And this was within the last 7-10 years. And along with the school successes, HoCo also had a pretty strong Waves AAU organization. What happened? Defections to the Cougars and the Hurricanes, and HoCo girls going to Baltimore immediate-area and D.C. immediate-area private and Catholic schools. And more military-national security-government contractor families moving into AACo over this same time.

Also HoCo keeps building nice new schools, keeping the student population at reasonable levels for academic purposes but diluting the potential talent pools-- still good players, spread across more schools, while AA and other places just keeps adding portables and packing them in

The lacrosse culture is so deep at Mt. Hebron for girls that the best athletes tend to play more than one sport but focus on lacrosse. The opportunities for girls in lacrosse have exploded in the past 10 years with so many DI programs starting up and more girls and their parents seem to view this as a more viable option for scholarship possibilities. Kristin Waagbo, who is currently playing lacrosse at Duke, is an example of an excellent basketball player from Mt. Hebron who decided to concentrate on lacrosse early in her high school career...

630, I remember her. A legitimate All-Met candidate for D.C. and Baltimore, and MH was also a legitimate top-20 team, in D.C. and in Baltimore.

SURESHOTS, COUGARS, WAVES, HURRICANES, BALLERS, ALOT OF AAU GIRLS SWITCH AROUND, NOT JUST FROM HOCO???????????????????????????? IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO GO TO PRIVATE SCHOOL- GO FOR IT! SOMETIMES CHANGE IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT MUCH YOU CAN DO ABOUT HAVING TO MOVE!

To answer an earlier post Mt. Hebron scrimmaged Bryn Mawr and Roland Park. I saw the Bryn Mawr scrimmage and Hebron won all four quarters winning by a final of 44-25. I did not see the Roland Park scrimmage, but I was told Hebron won by about 17-20 points.

To answer an earlier post Mt. Hebron scrimmaged Bryn Mawr and Roland Park. I saw the Bryn Mawr scrimmage and Hebron won all four quarters winning by a final of 44-25. I did not see the Roland Park scrimmage, but I was told Hebron won by about 17-20 points.

Bryn Mawr does not have a good team and Mt. Hebron pounces them and Bryn Mawr pounds Catonsville, what does that make of Catonsville. They have trouble recruiting and thus dropped to the B-Conference. RP is a lower tier A-Conference School. You have the top 4 then a major drop off. IND,Mercy,St. Mary, St. John Prospect Hall,NDP,Spalding:eek: :eek:

Bryn Mawr does not have a good team and Mt. Hebron pounces them and Bryn Mawr pounds Catonsville, what does that make of Catonsville. They have trouble recruiting and thus dropped to the B-Conference. RP is a lower tier A-Conference School. You have the top 4 then a major drop off. IND,Mercy,St. Mary, St. John Prospect Hall,NDP:eek: :eek:

I don't know who your "top 4" is.

I'll give you a top "2"

St Pauls is a one trick pony. Keough will be interesting w-out the pg, and Snowden meant a lot to them.

McD hinges on the health of we know who.

As for the "drop off"

RP was a very good TEAM last season. They will be ok by late this year, they have a very good Jr. swing play, and a talented freshman about 5'10" who can handle and shoot, and they are well coached.

IND is big and I heard picked up some guards.

Mercy's JV was bigger than their varsity last season, they could surprise a couple.

Spalding was young, no seniors, everyone back plus a freshman who can play

St Johns CP now has a new coach? doesn't matter

St Marys was going to drop and should have, a 10 pt per game freshman left for a public!

this will be a GOOD league this year.

The lower end will be better than most pubs

I don't know who your "top 4" is.

I'll give you a top "2"

St Pauls is a one trick pony. Keough will be interesting w-out the pg, and Snowden meant a lot to them.

McD hinges on the health of we know who.

As for the "drop off"

RP was a very good TEAM last season. They will be ok by late this year, they have a very good Jr. swing play, and a talented freshman about 5'10" who can handle and shoot, and they are well coached.

IND is big and I heard picked up some guards.

Mercy's JV was bigger than their varsity last season, they could surprise a couple.

Spalding was young, no seniors, everyone back plus a freshman who can play

St Johns CP now has a new coach? doesn't matter

St Marys was going to drop and should have, a 10 pt per game freshman left for a public!

this will be a GOOD league this year.

The lower end will be better than most pubs

IND beat St. Mary by 30 or 40:eek: :eek:

St M's actually beat IND in the IAAM tourney last Feb

The LAX player graduated- she was a good athlete, her little sis still there and thats it

The fresh who could score at So River now

St M's should have gone w- Bryn Mawr