Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

put me n coach

Ring The Alarm Northwestern "Wildcats"

3 posts in this topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of today Northwestern’s 40 Anniversary Mixer canceled!!! In a year long celebration to commemorate Northwestern 40th Anniversary and rich proud History, several events has been planned through out the year. A small list of events that I know of was a 40th Year Celebration Dinner at The Forum, an Alumni Tailgate Party during the football Home Coming Game and the crowning jewel of events was to be, The Hall of Fame Induction of 40 people signaling 40 years of achievement at halftime of this years Basketball mixer (That the administration is too inept to reschedule at another site) ... As I hear it Baltimore City has come into the school to install new bleachers (3 weeks before the tip-off & start of the basketball season) to find unstable walls in the gym that are not suitable to support the new bleachers. Gym classes, as well as all activities including basketball practice ... has been halted in the gym. The Boy's basketball team is being forced to practice in Pimlico Middle which is an absolute joke I think the living room in most of our home's is bigger than that place ... not to mention Numerous SAFETY issues !!!! I'm told classes are being held next to a boiler room with the only activity being PING-PONG???. I think Coach Robertson / Coach Jackson and the basketball program will need Baltimore's voice to be RING OUT LOUD on this issue. Come on Mrs. Mayor to be (Northwestern Alum) "make it Happen" I'll keep you all updated because I'm starting to smell a RAT up there in Wildcat COUNTRY!!!

Who are the 40 Hall of Fame inducties? Where should we call or who can we e-mail our complaints to? How can I get on an alumni list?

Class of 1987 and I had no idea the celebration was happening.

mayor@baltimorecity.gov

Wildcats let's take this complaint to the Top ... maybe then something will be done ... our kids should not be playing basketball at Pimlico Middle School. Let's not wait until a young man get’s hurt in that facility until we decide to do something about the playing conditions, let's make administration be pro-active for a change. Northwestern has several players on this current team that is garnering attention from numerous collages, let's not ruin these student athlete chances of moving on to the next level ... has anyone been to Pimlico's gym??? How can that place be an adequate facility for a high school game? There’s no 3 point line, the court can’t be considered regulation size, the gym seats (rough guess) 40 to 50 people max, it has one door to enter and exit, the walls are no more than feet from the baskets with no padding, there’s doors with door knobs exposed.