Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JustMyThought

The Top 25

16 posts in this topic

1. River Hill (120)

2. City (117)

3. Loyola (112)

4. Spalding (103)

5. Broadneck (101)

6. Gilman (92)

7. McDonogh (90)

8. Old Mill (87)

9. Edmondson (84)

10. Severna Park (74)

11. Hereford (73)

12. Arundel (49)

13. Glenelg (33)

13. Dunbar (33)

13. Perry Hall (33)

16. Wilde Lake (25)

17. New Town (23)

18. Centennial (22)

19. Southern-AA (13)

19. Gibbons (13)

21. Atholton (12)

21. Franklin (12)

23. South River (10)

24. Curley (8)

24. Havre de Grace (8)

1. River Hill (120)

2. City (117)

3. Loyola (112)

4. Spalding (103)

5. Broadneck (101)

6. Gilman (92)

7. McDonogh (90)

8. Old Mill (87)

9. Edmondson (84)

10. Severna Park (74)

11. Hereford (73)

12. Arundel (49)

13. Glenelg (33)

13. Dunbar (33)

13. Perry Hall (33)

16. Wilde Lake (25)

17. New Town (23)

18. Centennial (22)

19. Southern-AA (13)

19. Gibbons (13)

21. Atholton (12)

21. Franklin (12)

23. South River (10)

24. Curley (8)

24. Havre de Grace (8)

Overated

Loyola

Gilman

Mcdonogh

Severna Park

Underated

Spalding

Hereford

Edmondson

Perryhall

I'm still trying to understand how Hereford gets above Perry Hall when Perry Hall has clearly beaten them.

I'm still trying to understand how Hereford gets above Perry Hall when Perry Hall has clearly beaten them.

MY GOD MAN...LET IT DIE ALREADY!

DO YOU REALLY WANT TO START ALL THIS AGAIN AND AGAIN?

OK PH BEAT HEREFORD "clearly" WITH 1 SEC ON THE CLOCK WITH A LONG FIELD GOAL. EVERYONE KNOWS THIS!

ALSO EVERYONE KNOWS IF THEY PLAYED TODAY PH WOULD BE SLAMMED BY HEREFORD. OK NOW DROP IT ALREADY...LOL

ALSO EVERYONE KNOWS IF THEY PLAYED TODAY PH WOULD BE SLAMMED BY HEREFORD. OK NOW DROP IT ALREADY...LOL

I'm Sorry Sunsets but I tend to disagree. Everyone is better at this point in the season!!!

Agentorange, couldn't agree with you more! especially because i anticipate hereford and hall to move into the next round of the playoffs.

basically all prplesunsets is trying to say is that there have been soooo many arguements about this, theres no point in starting it all over again. perry hall beat hereford 10-7 yes thats a given. we all know that. but do you t hink perry hall would win again if they played each other 2, 4, or 6 more times? maybe they would maybe they wouldnt. It was so close of a game it could have gone either way. If that kicker missed that field goal it woulda went into overtime and who knows right?? basically its just the peoples vote for whose ranked higher. We don't want this arguement to come up again. and next year we should know for sure because Hereford is moving up to the 3A/4A divisoin and should play perry Hall again

Edmondson, Hereford and Perry Hall underrated? Yes.

Spalding- no way- playing the MIAA "B" schedule. I doubt they would have beaten Loyola, Gilman or McDonogh this year.

How can anyone say that McDonogh, Gilman, or Loyola, are overrated? You see a team like River Hill, playing in the easiest Sun conference in the state. They barely beat Wilde Lake and several times throughout the Atholton River Hill game they were losing. Try playing Gilman who beat Cumberland Valley, PA, and played Dematha and Bergen Catholic close. Loyola who lost one game to Gilman and beat McDonogh. And McDonogh who beat Gilman, lost to Loyola in OT and lost to two good Pennsylvania teams.

River Hill and City play basically no one, USUALLY public schools just cannot match the talent in privates, point blank. Until River Hill and City branch out of playing solely in Howard County or Baltimore City, I don't think they deserve to be considered one and two respectively. As apposed to the MIAA "A" Conference, where if you lose one game within the conference, it's nearly impossible to win the title.

How can anyone say that McDonogh, Gilman, or Loyola, are overrated? You see a team like River Hill, playing in the easiest Sun conference in the state. They barely beat Wilde Lake and several times throughout the Atholton River Hill game they were losing. Try playing Gilman who beat Cumberland Valley, PA, and played Dematha and Bergen Catholic close. Loyola who lost one game to Gilman and beat McDonogh. And McDonogh who beat Gilman, lost to Loyola in OT and lost to two good Pennsylvania teams.

River Hill and City play basically no one, USUALLY public schools just cannot match the talent in privates, point blank. Until River Hill and City branch out of playing solely in Howard County or Baltimore City, I don't think they deserve to be considered one and two respectively. As apposed to the MIAA "A" Conference, where if you lose one game within the conference, it's nearly impossible to win the title.

I disagree with you on this one! City has played Dunbar and Edmondson. Both which probably when the regional titles. We also Scrimmage Loyola. At the end of the Day two public schools ranked ahead of the MIAA. I love it!

You are correct, but not totally correct. On average, the private schools are better. Most of the "elite" private school programs are (at least in football). They recruit the best athletes from the publics, so there you have it. This season, however is different. The gap in talent between to two has closed a bit. Loyola, Gilman and McDonough are good, but there are several publics school this year who I believe (based on what I have seen) who have more talent. Friendly, Flowers, Northwestern are much better than anyone in the MIAA THIS YEAR. I also think City, River Hill, Edmondson and Hereford could hold their own against anyone in the MIAA THIS YEAR. That is not a knock on the MIAA, just my opinion.

Where is all the state schools #1 is more like #12 in state River Hill might be in top 15 of all state schools get real look at whole state

You are correct, but not totally correct. On average, the private schools are better. Most of the "elite" private school programs are (at least in football). They recruit the best athletes from the publics, so there you have it. This season, however is different. The gap in talent between to two has closed a bit. Loyola, Gilman and McDonough are good, but there are several publics school this year who I believe (based on what I have seen) who have more talent. Friendly, Flowers, Northwestern are much better than anyone in the MIAA THIS YEAR. I also think City, River Hill, Edmondson and Hereford could hold their own against anyone in the MIAA THIS YEAR. That is not a knock on the MIAA, just my opinion.

TS,

I agree with you on many points, and wish to extend a bit. I grow tired of hearing the pub vs priv stuff as well, and the fans on both sides usually speak with very little knowledge. You seem to really take a look at the only 2 things that matter: Coaching and cohesive talent. I agree that this year, Edmondson, City, and River Hill would compete with any of the MIAA schools, while the top PG/MoCo guys might handle this entire area. Friendly and Dematha could put a running clock on virtually any team in this area, public or private. (For those who might take offense, I am a native of Baltimore, I played in the old MSA, and see quite a bit of high school football these days, not hating on B-more, just stating the facts). Spalding too might have beaten any one of the "A" conference guys in any given week, but playing that "A conference schedule is another animal. In most years it is not the star players, or even the coaching that sets the MIAA apart, but the depth. In most years there are public school teams in the area that might run circles around many of the area private schools, but to do beat Gilman down, come back play, Mcdonogh, then travel to Georgetown Prep, come back home to face Loyola, that type of schedule takes a toll, and depth rules the day by October. That weekly level of competition is what sets PG/MoCo apart from the rest of the state: they play playoff football on a weekly basis. That simply does not happen in Baltimore city or Baltimore county especially among 3a and 4a schools. There just are not enough schools of that size in the area. That is why we typically do well in the 1A and 2a divisions, most of the better teams in the area typically come from those divisions. Eastern Tech for example, must play Overlea, Hereford, Milford, andRandallstown which gives them a bit of playoff level competition... likewise for their opponents. If City wins the title, it will be remarkable same goes for RIver Hill. People don't want to hear it, but they don't face the type of talent that will BEST prepare them to WIN the 3a. They are well coached, and by no means do their schedules diminish their talent (and they both have quite a bit). I have no idea where I'm going with this stuff at this point so I will stop. (Pubs and Privs, not that much different... all just kids!)

TS,

I agree with you on many points, and wish to extend a bit. I grow tired of hearing the pub vs priv stuff as well, and the fans on both sides usually speak with very little knowledge. You seem to really take a look at the only 2 things that matter: Coaching and cohesive talent. I agree that this year, Edmondson, City, and River Hill would compete with any of the MIAA schools, while the top PG/MoCo guys might handle this entire area. Friendly and Dematha could put a running clock on virtually any team in this area, public or private. (For those who might take offense, I am a native of Baltimore, I played in the old MSA, and see quite a bit of high school football these days, not hating on B-more, just stating the facts). Spalding too might have beaten any one of the "A" conference guys in any given week, but playing that "A conference schedule is another animal. In most years it is not the star players, or even the coaching that sets the MIAA apart, but the depth. In most years there are public school teams in the area that might run circles around many of the area private schools, but to do beat Gilman down, come back play, Mcdonogh, then travel to Georgetown Prep, come back home to face Loyola, that type of schedule takes a toll, and depth rules the day by October. That weekly level of competition is what sets PG/MoCo apart from the rest of the state: they play playoff football on a weekly basis. That simply does not happen in Baltimore city or Baltimore county especially among 3a and 4a schools. There just are not enough schools of that size in the area. That is why we typically do well in the 1A and 2a divisions, most of the better teams in the area typically come from those divisions. Eastern Tech for example, must play Overlea, Hereford, Milford, andRandallstown which gives them a bit of playoff level competition... likewise for their opponents. If City wins the title, it will be remarkable same goes for RIver Hill. People don't want to hear it, but they don't face the type of talent that will BEST prepare them to WIN the 3a. They are well coached, and by no means do their schedules diminish their talent (and they both have quite a bit). I have no idea where I'm going with this stuff at this point so I will stop. (Pubs and Privs, not that much different... all just kids!)

well put, however, it's illustrated that city is severely overrated with yesterdays lost to franklin. city just doens't play that tough of a schedule to be considered the #2 school in the area. however, i disagree about spalding being able to compete, but i 100% agree wtih DeMatha (beat gilman 24-6) and Friendly who has about 8 D1 prospects. and the other

3A and 4A montgomery and pg county schools.

My friend, though I am not a Spalding fan, I watched them play on 8 occasions: they would have beaten St. Joe, Calvert Hall, and GT Prep. They also would have matched up well with Mcdonogh, while Gilman and Loyola may have been heavily favored, I could have seen them beating both teams with the right set of circumstances. That makes them competitive as an A conference team. Mt. St. Joe led Gilman, Loyola, and GT Prep in the 4th qtr only to lose against all three teams(while they beat Calvert Hall, and were beaten by Mcdonogh 20 - 7. I would argue that they too were competitive in the league, and Spalding had a better football team than St. Joe. City had the size, depth and talent to be competitive with any of those teams as well, but being one dimensional would have killed them in A conference play. They would not have been able to bully those teams the way they did Poly, Mervo. Douglass, Carver, and "the rest of the city" outside of Edmondson and an undersized Dunbar team. Dunbar still may get it done this year, but it will be with their least talented cast in the last several years. Each of their state championship teams were flat out loaded. This year, it's coaching with a bunch of pretty good kids. Austin, Portee, Jamison and Session are the studs in the new addition.