Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

El-Amin

Havre de Grace 22 New Town 15

19 posts in this topic

The Havre de Grace Warriors have a deadly passing attack. They will have to work on their interior defense to advance any futher. Outstanding game strategy by the warriors coaching staff, and the kids were well focused.

Too many turnovers, penalties and a lack of focus did not help the Titans' cause.

Good season New Town, 9-2 aint bad at all.

It's basketball season, and 18 holes for me tommorrow.

You Still have Broadneck

That's right...The Bruins aka "The Cardiac Kids". :)

Havre de Grace has to travel to Fort Hill while the Dunbar/Forestville winner will host Elkton.

Havre de Grace has to travel to Fort Hill while the Dunbar/Forestville winner will host Elkton.

wow...Fort Hill vs. Grace

I heard they beat Allegany up yesterday 51-19..and beat them in the regular season 35-14

they must be a very disciplined team..

has anybody ever seen them play?

will Havre de Grace have a good chance against them if they use their passing game?

HDG did knock off Jtowne. But that is the only good team they beat. Joppatowne did have to use thier third string QB that game.

They lost against Elkton, Rising Sun, and C milton wright.

I think its funny that HDG which is not even ranked in the top 5 of Harford and Cecil county beat New Towne which the sun had ranked #11. They had New Town ranked abover every single Harford county team.

Good luck HDG. It would be great if they knocked off Fort HIll.

wow...Fort Hill vs. Grace

I heard they beat Allegany up yesterday 51-19..and beat them in the regular season 35-14

they must be a very disciplined team..

has anybody ever seen them play?

will Havre de Grace have a good chance against them if they use their passing game?

I saw Fort Hill play Potomac in the 2004 state semi-finals. Potomac beat them 7-6 I believe but it was a muddy field that day at CH Flowers. On a dry field that score probably would've been 40-6.

But Fort Hill usually has a good sized line and yes they are disciplined. The passing game can be effective against them especially if you spread them out.

HDG did knock off Jtowne. But that is the only good team they beat. Joppatowne did have to use thier third string QB that game.

I think its funny that HDG which is not even ranked in the top 5 of Harford and Cecil county beat New Towne which the sun had ranked #11. They had New Town ranked abover every single Harford county team.

Wasn't Joppatowne ranked like #5 at the beginning of the season? New Town's ranking was legit. Anything can happen in the play-offs.

Jtowne: Does Joppatowne ever lose w/o excuses? Give HDG their due ( while Jopp sits home and watches). Congratulations on a great job by Coach Brooks and his team ( New Town was a legit ranked team), whatever happens next week.

Well, the UCBAC has two of the final 4 teams in the 1A playoffs. Elkton was my preseason pick to reach the final 4. HDG, on the other hand, came out of nowhere. Here is the weird thing, if (HUGE IF I KNOW) HDG and Elk win, we will have an all UCBAC Final. Good luck, Elks and Warriors. You guys can do it!

I'm still trying to figure out why New Town did not double up on HDG #21. NT played 10 yards off and the HDG had a field day throwing to him and let him run for yardage. NT seemed to preoccupied with HDG running the ball, which they did not do very well.

This game really surprises me. I was of the opinion that New Town's DL would be too much for Havre de Grace to handle. Hdg had no rushing attack... I thought that NT would be able to key on hdg's stud receiver and slow their high powered passing attack. With a passing attack it is expected for them to score some points... but I thought that NT would be able to score enough points to make the difference. The turnovers must have been the difference.

This game really surprises me. I was of the opinion that New Town's DL would be too much for Havre de Grace to handle. Hdg had no rushing attack... I thought that NT would be able to key on hdg's stud receiver and slow their high powered passing attack. With a passing attack it is expected for them to score some points... but I thought that NT would be able to score enough points to make the difference. The turnovers must have been the difference.

yea turnovers did make a big difference....all 7 of them

turnovers were a factor only in the sense that hdg capitalized off of theirs and new town didn't. tough loss for the titans. no way was hdg the better team BUT they absolutely played better saturday. new town couldn't get into any offensive rhythm. they actually led for most of the game.

It was apparent very early that if HDG was to win this game they had to do it by passing. New Town continued to play 8 in the box. New Town did HDG a favor whenever they threw the ball. If they would have just continued to pound the ball with their big full back HDG would have been entirely worn out by the 4th quarter.

It was apparent very early that if HDG was to win this game they had to do it by passing. New Town continued to play 8 in the box. New Town did HDG a favor whenever they threw the ball. If they would have just continued to pound the ball with their big full back HDG would have been entirely worn out by the 4th quarter.

I agree.

the game was what it was but to me it felt like new town was the away team. hdg had their fans, their band and their cheerleaders all there to support. new town fans showed up however we were a little to "cool" for my liking. way to quite.

it would have been great if the entire "mini meac" (ts) would have shown up to support the last school standing. if woodlawn, milford, randallstown and even pikesville communities would've shown up in full, the environment would have been more condusive to us being the home team. we have to learn to "fight" each other during the season but stick up for each other when outsiders try to come in and mess with one of our brothers.

i've watched a lot of people post about new town all year but the players and coaches should be proud of their accomplishments this year and putting new town on the map. 9-2 and regional finalists is just the beginning.

the game was what it was but to me it felt like new town was the away team. hdg had their fans, their band and their cheerleaders all there to support. new town fans showed up however we were a little to "cool" for my liking. way to quite.

it would have been great if the entire "mini meac" (ts) would have shown up to support the last school standing. if woodlawn, milford, randallstown and even pikesville communities would've shown up in full, the environment would have been more condusive to us being the home team. we have to learn to "fight" each other during the season but stick up for each other when outsiders try to come in and mess with one of our brothers.

i've watched a lot of people post about new town all year but the players and coaches should be proud of their accomplishments this year and putting new town on the map. 9-2 and regional finalists is just the beginning.

I agree. I know that we were out in full force last season supporting Milford during their play-off run. But there were many fans at the game, and they were pretty loud, and very supportive. Coach, you need to come out of retirement.