Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kgt

John Carroll Nationally-Ranked Basketball

945 posts in this topic

Actually they are ranked 21. The second-best team in Maryland! (Not bad for a team that was previously in the 'B' Division). League play will be interesting, to say the least.

Actually they are ranked 21. The second-best team in Maryland! (Not bad for a team that was previously in the 'B' Division). League play will be interesting, to say the least.

Very interesting ranking.

With their early season schedule, we will find out if they are worthy of this ranking. Games against Spalding, TC, MSJ and Calvert Hall all before their trip to Florida.

JC will be a solid team this year...but they didn't even win the 'B' last year.

They are the second highest ranked team in Maryland and the highest ranked team in this area. The sun will probably put them somewhere in the top 20!

Let me first say that I respect the fact that Martin has been able to gain attention. This will enable his players to get the attention of college coaches and ultimately lead to their playing at the next level.

As far as the national ranking goes, this will have to play itself out. Personally, I think JC will finish fifth in the A conference behind MSJ, SFA, TC and Loyola.

Let me first say that I respect the fact that Martin has been able to gain attention. This will enable his players to get the attention of college coaches and ultimately lead to their playing at the next level.

As far as the national ranking goes, this will have to play itself out. Personally, I think JC will finish fifth in the A conference behind MSJ, SFA, TC and Loyola.

I believe they will finish 4th. Believe they are better than Loyola. But that 21st ranking is bogus. No other ranking has them in the top 50. I almost think Espn still thinks they have Selby and even with selby they shouldn't be ranked 21st. I go to USA TODAY for my rankings!

We'll find out how good JC is real early. They have games against Spalding, St Joe, TC, and Calvert Hall before Christmas.

They beat Glenelg Country 115-50.

Tonight they are down 31-22 at the half to Mt Carmel

In other news, McDonogh is looking pretty bad...they were up on Friends 27-20 at halftime and score doesn't show how close it was.

In response to DJGreg

JC will probably beat Spalding and Calvert Hall, but TC and St. Joe will give them the business.

yeah, the reason is that they arent that good, and though Mt. Carmel's senior guard Troy Franklin is a bit of a cocky one, he was on tonight, and played a heck of a game. Towsons Pat Kenedy was in attendence to witness his recruits performance too. But this one wasnt about Franklin, it was about JC turnovers and just poor play

A team that is deep enough to have D1 Prospects on the bench is going to be a team to be reckoned with.

yeah, the reason is that they arent that good, and though Mt. Carmel's senior guard Troy Franklin is a bit of a cocky one, he was on tonight, and played a heck of a game. Towsons Pat Kenedy was in attendence to witness his recruits performance too. But this one wasnt about Franklin, it was about JC turnovers and just poor play

I 100% agree! I would love to know how the hell did ESPN.com come up with that ranking. It was the most outrageous ranking I have ever seen!

I can still see them beating some teams such as McDonogh, Spalding, and Calvert Hall..but Gibbons and Loyola are a lot better this year and of course the traditional top three of St. Joe, TC, and St. Frances.