Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kgt

John Carroll Nationally-Ranked Basketball

945 posts in this topic

the kid who transferred was Monty Werts...and there are two or three on JV currently who might be leaving...don't know about Jones.

Well I guess what was said wasn't so wrong. Also means the other things I heard beyond what I posted are pretty accurate as well. Leaves me to think the smoke screen that has been put up, is definitely for a reason.

I definitely have more to say but would like to hear what opinions elevation or anyone that watches more closely has to say.

Dominate,

JV had some injury problems. I don't really believe that a mass exodus of players is going to happen.

I also believe the Werts kid had an academic issue that caused him to leave.

DJ, you may be right. I can hope for a repeat, can't I?

Yeah you can. Just having a little fun with you.

For the person who didn't remember Jones from earlier in the season and questioned his promotion to the varsity, let me show the facts of the the JV team. With Jones & McMillian leading the way they were 6-1 and had beaten Calvert Hall 94-71 who just won the JV championship. The record with Jones, the JV was 11-3, without they were 2-8. Also Jones came into JC ranked in the 10 incoming 9th graders in the Midatlantic region, and he plays for the nationally known Team Melo AAU team. Finally based on insider info he did not move up because he was leaving or wanted to leave. He probably could still leave cause from what I saw he was the difference in the JV Team defensively & offensively and he brought that defensive intensity and showed flashes of good offense to the varsity.

its going to be fun to watch malcom and jones devolop over the next 3 years. I think they are going to be alot better next year. but i think calvert hall will have a very strong team

Is Malcolm playing football next year?

i sure hope so. he should of been up on varsity next year but he didnt want to be. with a little talk from rawlings i think he will convince malcom to play varsity.

From the NJIT article:

Following his team's 86-76 loss to Chicago State on Senior Day on Saturday, senior guard Courcy Magnus struggled to explain just how much losing hurt. In the end, he couldn't avoid comparing it to something tragic.

"Basketball was a part of me before anything, really," he said. "…Luckily, I've never had a loss close to the family. I've never experienced anything drastic like that. This is … like something being taken away from you. That's such a tough thing to compare, but that's how I think about it. That's how important basketball is to me."

----------------------------------------------

I'm not sure if that will be on the front of their programs next season:

"NJIT Basketball: Its as painful as having a close relative die."

Well Mackzo did go to a HS team that had zero wins a few years back. Give them a few years, and who knows what'll happen.

any word on the title game with MSJ and TC? i know mount carmel won against st mary's

TC WON BY 9 or 10

great game !

great game if you were a TC supporter...Refs definitely favored the Owls in this one...not even close.

I have to give credit to Bastfield and Greene, they played some inspired basketball. Gotta give them credit.

great game if you were a TC supporter...Refs definitely favored the Owls in this one...not even close.

I have to give credit to Bastfield and Greene, they played some inspired basketball. Gotta give them credit.

are you crazy?? TC was the only team that had a kid foul out.

MSJ lost the game by not giving it to SIms down low more. What was Sims doing taking shots from the outside?

Sizer is known for fouling...that is not a surprise.

But still, the game was extremely lop-sided in calling. Towson Catholic used that to their benefit. They capitalized on the calls they got.

Atkins, McCoy, and Sims played less than stellar games. They will be back to attack next week at Loyola College.

Sizer is known for fouling...that is not a surprise.

But still, the game was extremely lop-sided in calling. Towson Catholic used that to their benefit. They capitalized on the calls they got.

Atkins, McCoy, and Sims played less than stellar games. They will be back to attack next week at Loyola College.

I was at the game and MSJ certainly didn't get some calls they usually get especially down the stretch. You could see the frustration build in MSJ as the game went along.

The deciding factor in the game was the fact that MSJ got absolutely no help from its role players. Gerald Hill, Chris Olsen, Matt Miller, and John Stevesnon were all non-factors. Atkins played his worse game of the year by far.

I have heard from various sources that Philmore will be ineligible for MIAA competition next year. He is currently 18 and will turn 19 before August 31 thus making him ineligible according to MIAA regulations.

Can any one confirm?

i think the miaa and JC have talked about the situation in the past and it was cleared up.