Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BAPitcher

Harco 08 Baseball

1,898 posts in this topic

Hey guys i know its still early to be thinking about this but whats the county looking like for the upcoming season.... Who's returning and up and coming thats going to push the county to new limits

I thought you went away to St Andrews ?Academy.:)

Right now im not in school lookin to play for a school in Florida called Palm Beach Atlantic University

They are a DII team with only 24 on their roster. Flagler is nearby. I know it is Palm Beach, but they don't even have their own facility. They play at the high school. If it is the academics it makes sense, but you should be in school now as well. Taking time off doesn't work for many. This is just my 2 cents, I know who you are and wish you the best.

Palm Beach is where I am at and I am not worried about playin ball as much as I am about getting back into school and getting my grades together baseball is a second priority but I will play again and I will make something of myself and thank you for the encouragement and the luck... But lets get back to whats going to happen this year in Harco

lost alot. Schmidt will be their number 1, but thin after that. CMW has Markey and Rapazzo, but lost a lot of position players. Woody will be a stud at the plate. Anyone know if Vernes or Walter are playing in college?

lost alot. Schmidt will be their number 1, but thin after that. CMW has Markey and Rapazzo, but lost a lot of position players. Woody will be a stud at the plate. Anyone know if Vernes or Walter are playing in college?

Vernes tried out for the team at College Park and almost made it. He plays for their club team as a pitcher and 3rd baseman.

Do you know how many people were the last cut or almost made the team? You either are on the team or not. Vernes could have played somewhere, but not in the ACC, even at U of Md.:o

with a lot of lost players from last season who will be the number one team and who will be the best position players?

This is a Harco thread. If you are speaking Harco, I expect CMW and Fallston will be the top 2 squads. How does Ho Co shape up?

Cheaspeake Division

Fallston

CMWright

HTech

North Harford

BelAir

Rising Sun

NorthEast

Susquehana Division

Elkton

Havre de Grace

BoManor

Perryville

Aberdeen

Towne

Edgewood

Cheaspeake Division

Fallston

CMWright

HTech

North Harford

BelAir

Rising Sun

NorthEast

Clearly you are biased in putting Tech third in the standings.

-Fallston is overrated, always has been and always will be.

-CMW probably should be the favorite to win it despite losing some key seniors, especially TJ Vernes. Not sure where they are gonna get their pitching from. People will try to say that Markey (2nd team all county as a fresh last year) will step up but I dont buy it. I have played with Markey in metro for 2 years and he pitched a total of 3 games out of 45 last summer because of elbow problems.

-Harford Tech, not sure who they really have other than Peacher. Definitely not the 3rd best in Harco.

-North Harford, dont know much about them, I know a few kids on the team, they should be decent, probably could win some big games. They added junior pitcher Bubba Adams who transferred from Calvert Hall and should be a solid #2 or 3 pitcher this year. He just wasn't gonna see time at CHC.

-Bel Air honestly is my pick to unseat CMW as county champs. If they dont win it, they will come in 2nd. I have played with 3/4 of this team over the years and they will have a very well rounded offense led by Colin Theis, Huston Hergesheimer, Nick Gentry (missed most of last year with broken foot), and several other seniors. The only thing might be a lack of pitching, but Matt Childress will be their clear ace. BA doesnt get alot of rep or respect from the Sun or other schools in almost every sport (see: 2007 Boys Soccer) and they will surprise people.

-Rising Sun and Northeast, always the class of Cecil, dont know anything about them, but they should be competitive I guess.

My projected order for the Chesapeake..

1. CMW (tied)

1. Bel Air (tied)

3. Fallston

4. North Harford

5. Rising Sun

6. Harford Tech

7. Northeast

The only thing they lack is pitching?? Isn't that the most important part of the game? Do you play at CHC? Fallston came within 1 out of being in the State Semi's last year, beating Severna Park and losing to a very good Centennial team with 2 outs in the 7th at Centennial. They also beat Perry Hall twice during the regular season.Their number one is now pitching at Rider this year and Puckett is as solid as they come. Would you have gone to Fallston if not CHC?

bel air lost just 4 players from last years team....2 were pitchers, 1 OF and one DH... they should be towards the top of the county this year...

i also can agree with chc09's prediction of the projected standings for this year...even though every year CMW, BA, FHS, and NH battle it out for the

top spot...always a good game between those 4 powers of harco...

bel air lost just 4 players from last years team...2 pitchers, 1 OF, and a DH...they have a solid lineup coming back...

i agree with chc09's predictions for this year...every year CMW, BA, FHS, and NH battle it out for the top spot..every year each of these teams have enough talent to win the UCBAC...

The only thing they lack is pitching?? Isn't that the most important part of the game? Do you play at CHC? Fallston came within 1 out of being in the State Semi's last year, beating Severna Park and losing to a very good Centennial team with 2 outs in the 7th at Centennial. They also beat Perry Hall twice during the regular season.Their number one is now pitching at Rider this year and Puckett is as solid as they come. Would you have gone to Fallston if not CHC?

I didnt say that they lack in pitching, I just said that their pitching is the unproven part, having lost Jutson from a year ago. Childress will be one of Harco's best and they have Hergesheimer, Nadolny (both brothers) and a few others. As for Fallston, I think Puckett is a really good coach, its just that every coach at that school, including him, does a great job of getting some hype around his team. To me, they are not as good as either BA or CMW.

So do you play @ CHC and would you have gone to Fallston. You obviously have some prejudice. It is always a 4 team race. Bel air didn't have any pitching last year. What did Jutson accomplish?

I would have gone to Bel Air and I got cut from JV last year at Calvert Hall.

I believe that the top 3 will be

Fallston

BA

CMW

Puckett is the best coach in the county and the Fallston JV team won the league last year. CMW lacks pitching after Rapazzo. I saw Markey pitch a few times in Metro over the summer and he may throw 80 mph, but his fastball does not move and he was hit fairly hard and consistently. If Rapazzo ever dedicated himself to the game, he would be a lot better, but he tends to be lackadaisical in practice and in games. I am picking Hergesheimer to have a monster year and possibly be the player of the year in Harford County.

I just wish JC had some of the same talent that these public schools have to select their players as well as the coaching staffs. Currently, the varsity program still has a parent helping out and unfortunately the parent is only concerned with helping his son play varsity. There are several freshman that are more deserving to be on varsit, but they will not get the chance.

Have you ever considered transferring to JC. If you go cut from the CHC JV team last year, you could probably start for the JC varsity team. Are you planning to try out for CHC this year. I understand that there are a lot of politics with the CHC program and that players of parents that make contributions to the program usually make the team. Is there any truth to the rumor that a player was cut from JV last year and his father who heads up the Cardinal club complained the the school and the player suddenly was back on the team. Maybe that player took your spot.

Have you ever considered transferring to JC. If you go cut from the CHC JV team last year, you could probably start for the JC varsity team. Are you planning to try out for CHC this year. I understand that there are a lot of politics with the CHC program and that players of parents that make contributions to the program usually make the team. Is there any truth to the rumor that a player was cut from JV last year and his father who heads up the Cardinal club complained the the school and the player suddenly was back on the team. Maybe that player took your spot.

I thought about going to JC, or just going back to public school at Bel Air, but my parents and I decided that academics are most important and I have a scholarship for my grades at CHC so I didn't want to give that up. I feel (not to brag or anything like that) that I could have made varsity as a sophomore at both JC and BA, its just the competition and politics at the Hall are ridiculous.

And yes, there was a player (who I am good friends with) who got cut from JV and then 3 days later was back at practice because his dad runs the Alumni Association. It is really a shame even though I probably would have been cut anyway, but there were other players that were more deserving than him based on their individual tryout.

As for this years team, I am trying out for outfielder on varsity and there is a small chance I could make the team as the 6th outfielder as a junior. Obviously I wouldn't get much PT this year, but senior year I could get some at bats. Of course this is all if I make it.

Keep trying CHC. The politics are everywhere and perceived politics are out of control. I know FHS has a CHC transfer this year. Academics end up being the most important aspect throughout your life. It seems you have your head on pretty straight. Keep up the good work.

Please, the first game they played against PH that day they gave it to them, but that second game they had no business winning at all, blown calls by umpires and calling obstruction on the first baseman on the one play where the runner clearly went out of his way to run into him...they should have split the series but fallston won both but really shouldn't have