Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BAPitcher

Harco 08 Baseball

1,898 posts in this topic

FHS 2W's is all the stats will show. You can try to complain about it but bad calls are made all the time and being an umpire myself i have to say it is no easy. I never did it at a high level just rec ball, but it is very difficult.

My main reason for posting was to start warming up the thread..it clearly did

I am biased toward Tech...but I do believe they will compete with anyone this year, as they did last year. But CHC09 are you biased against Tech? We beat several of the teams you ranked ahead of us. Some fairly easy

They lost Wydra, Williams, and Dodson

Hopefully the Juniors from last years team will step up and fill the pitching, Peacher should be the ace, but don't be surprised if another kid, (Young) becomes the workhorse

I believe the Chesapeake Division will be highly competitive this year

I did not know Bubba transferred. He is a solid pitcher

I disagree with Markey, I have seen him pitch several times. He is a very good pitcher and at the Harf Co High School level will be hard to beat.

Teams can not win consistently without good pitching

Does every body look accurate?

Fallston

1-Loar

2-Nelson

CMWright

1-Rapazzo

2-Markey

HTech

1-Peacher

2-Young

NHarford

1-Schimdt

2-Adams

BelAir

1-Childress

2-Nadolny

Yes Cooper is the figurehead coach at JC. There is a parent also on the staff that seems to be running the program. Rumor has it that he hopes to take the progrram away from Cooper. Last year the parent got his son promoted to varsity for the last game of year. This year the kid will be the number 2 pitcher for the varsity despite not winning a game on the JV team.

Unfortunately many players are not interested because JC continues to have parents helping to coach the team. You would think that the amount of tuirtion that the parents pay would enable to have JC get qualified coaches without any connections to the team.

I posted who I could remember would be the top pitchers on team

How about some top hitters returning

Power hitters, Line Drive Hitters

?????

there is really no competition for any batter i think this upcoming season for hitting the only pitcher that is going to be giving people trouble is BO and maybe wheinhold but wheinhold had a very disapointing year last year even though he was all metro he didnt deserve it and people can pull strings to get people on it....lets talk about position players and who are the key players at each position (i am from harco even though my username is HOCO)

Lets keep this to positives if you will. Weinhold (spelling ) was injured last year and played that way the whole year. He has as much athletic ability as anyone in the County. Don't be so fast to judge unless you know the truth. Politics is a part of life. The sooner you accept it, the less bitter you will be.

Have you ever considered transferring to JC. If you go cut from the CHC JV team last year, you could probably start for the JC varsity team. Are you planning to try out for CHC this year. I understand that there are a lot of politics with the CHC program and that players of parents that make contributions to the program usually make the team. Is there any truth to the rumor that a player was cut from JV last year and his father who heads up the Cardinal club complained the the school and the player suddenly was back on the team. Maybe that player took your spot.

CHC09... Good luck this year... Wish you the best.

Yea... The politics are so rampid at Calvert Hall, St Joe, Spalding, Arundel. How do these teams win every year with so much "politicing" taking place? I guess it's only the parents of the good players making contributions.

Thanks ravens, I'm gonna need some luck.

And talking about Weinhold at Fallston, I heard that he is no longer playing baseball and rather is sticking to football. Its just a rumor I heard so I dont know if anyone can put some truth to this. I think this would be a bad move on his part as he has tremendous baseball talent if he just put forth the consistent effort.

Thanks ravens, I'm gonna need some luck.

And talking about Weinhold at Fallston, I heard that he is no longer playing baseball and rather is sticking to football. Its just a rumor I heard so I dont know if anyone can put some truth to this. I think this would be a bad move on his part as he has tremendous baseball talent if he just put forth the consistent effort.

It is certainly a bad rumor. He gave up wrestling to concentrate on baseball in the winter. He is training with Tim Bishop and should be a monster this year. Garrett has only scratched the surface. If he gets serious, there is no telling what he can accomplish. My son and him hit at the same cages over the holidays.

I thought about going to JC, or just going back to public school at Bel Air, but my parents and I decided that academics are most important and I have a scholarship for my grades at CHC so I didn't want to give that up. I feel (not to brag or anything like that) that I could have made varsity as a sophomore at both JC and BA, its just the competition and politics at the Hall are ridiculous.

And yes, there was a player (who I am good friends with) who got cut from JV and then 3 days later was back at practice because his dad runs the Alumni Association. It is really a shame even though I probably would have been cut anyway, but there were other players that were more deserving than him based on their individual tryout.

As for this years team, I am trying out for outfielder on varsity and there is a small chance I could make the team as the 6th outfielder as a junior. Obviously I wouldn't get much PT this year, but senior year I could get some at bats. Of course this is all if I make it.

First off chc09 i know who you are and there is no way in hell you would have made ba varsity as a sophmore, i dont believe you could have even made the jv team if you went to ba. Second off you got cut from a chc jv team that the ba jv team destroyed in 2006. I think you should just quit baseball and concentrate on your grades like your parents said.

I dont know who the hell you think you are ballhawk but if you wanna say stuff like that talk to me in person or message me or something. I think its wrong to say stuff like that on an open board. At least have the courage to tell me who you are. I'm not even gonna argue with you about making varsity or not at certain schools, you're not worth it.

Yea you shouldnt argue with me about making a varsity sport because you never have... 3rd times a charm right?

im glad that weinhold isn't just sticking to football. he is a good athlete, but doesnt have the size to play football at the next level. id like to see him and loar as a good one 2 punch. bubba adams is also a solid pitcher from chc, look for big things out of him and schmidt

Young Taylor Nelson may be the ace at Fallston for the next three years. He had flashes during an impressive freshman year and will be in the rotation this season. Kid's got good zip and a wicked change up.

what teams got the best line up you think this year?

im thinking CMW,Fallston,Bel Air, North Harford,H-tech,

CHC09-hang in there and concentrating on your grades is the way to go. JC will not be much this year, again. After going 0-18 last (at JV) year the JV coached has been moved to assist Cooper at varsity. I did hear Jim McGuire is coming to run the JV program and that's a good start in the right direction. The JV best player last year, St.Clair, is going to Rugby this year leaving them noone at catcher. The Pitching is suspect. I hear the JV does have some good players coming in so hopefully they can make a turn in the right direction. Sure hope so. Varsity does have a few good players, especially Wolfe. Watching JC Baseball has been painful over the last few years. Hope it gets better.

Alrite Austin Adams isn't worthy of #2 Vin Brown is the **** he will get #2 mark my words I have seen him play

I though that Bubba transferred to North Harford. Who is the Fallston transfer from CHC?

I hear he is hitting low to mid 90's because he has been training with Catfish Hunter..... last i heared he is growing handle bar mustache just like good old catfish