Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BAPitcher

Harco 08 Baseball

1,898 posts in this topic

Most dominate pitcher in the area and maybe the state. Reminds me alot of Randy Johnson in his prime. The kid can also hit like A-Rod. The kid batted .600 last year with 20 homeruns, not to mention his 100 RBI's. The kid has wheels too, 50 stolen bases. Complete package. Hawks for states no doubt.

what teams got the best line up you think this year?

im thinking CMW,Fallston,Bel Air, North Harford,H-tech,

Best lineups will probably be

CMW

Fallston

NH

I see CMW having another great year with the bats, they are my pick to win UCBAC this season.

Fallston normally can put up good numbers so their my #2

NH would come in a close third I heard they have some good hitters coming up.

I have faced adams in summer ball he throws mid 70s at best and has no off speed pitches whatsoever idk how he can be a number two.

CHC09-hang in there and concentrating on your grades is the way to go. JC will not be much this year, again. After going 0-18 last (at JV) year the JV coached has been moved to assist Cooper at varsity. I did hear Jim McGuire is coming to run the JV program and that's a good start in the right direction. The JV best player last year, St.Clair, is going to Rugby this year leaving them noone at catcher. The Pitching is suspect. I hear the JV does have some good players coming in so hopefully they can make a turn in the right direction. Sure hope so. Varsity does have a few good players, especially Wolfe. Watching JC Baseball has been painful over the last few years. Hope it gets better.

I don't know how JC is ever going to get better. We pay $11,400 tuition and so you would think that they could fill all of their coaching needs without having parents coach. I would almost expect a parent to be coaching at a public school due to limited resources, but a private school should be able to hire coaches that do not have a son in the program. Unfortunately, the son is a pitcher and his father will have him promoted to varsity. This is a pitcher that could not win a game as a freshman on JV.

I also know that parental involvement has turned several players away from JC and to other schools.

I hear he is hitting low to mid 90's because he has been training with Catfish Hunter..... last i heared he is growing handle bar mustache just like good old catfish

If Bubba's hitting 90, even 85, I'll run around JC naked.

If Bubba's hitting 90, even 85, I'll run around JC naked.

I've heard that he is around the 78-82 range. LittleQ obviously doesn't make serious responses.

From what I see, the varsity team has absolutely no pitching. I believe they will win only 4 or 5 games. The future for JC lies at the JV level. After going 0-18 last year, I predict the the JV team will be 3 games over 500.

From what I see, the varsity team has absolutely no pitching. I believe they will win only 4 or 5 games. The future for JC lies at the JV level. After going 0-18 last year, I predict the the JV team will be 3 games over 500.

Not exactly clear where you see no pitching. Liodice is an excellent pitcher. Along with Wolfe and Brooks who both pitch on very good metro teams. There may not be much depth after this but these three can pitch. By the way, Wolfe was the pitcher when JC beat Mt. St. Joe last year.

I don't know how JC is ever going to get better. We pay $11,400 tuition and so you would think that they could fill all of their coaching needs without having parents coach. I would almost expect a parent to be coaching at a public school due to limited resources, but a private school should be able to hire coaches that do not have a son in the program. Unfortunately, the son is a pitcher and his father will have him promoted to varsity. This is a pitcher that could not win a game as a freshman on JV.

I also know that parental involvement has turned several players away from JC and to other schools.

Is this a father of a freshman? Is he going to be the manager or a coach (jv or varsity). Not a good situation either way. At most schools parents would not stand for this as it leads to all sorts of trouble.

Is this a father of a freshman? Is he going to be the manager or a coach (jv or varsity). Not a good situation either way. At most schools parents would not stand for this as it leads to all sorts of trouble.

The parent coach is the father of a sophmore. He was a parent coach on the JV team last year that went 0-18. His son did not win a game. He is now coaching on the varsity to make sure his son makes the varsity team. FYI he also got his son promoted to varsity to pitch against Calvert Hall's varsity team last year. The kid got shelled by their 3rd and 4th string. Many parents were upset because this player got in the game prior to some of the players that were on the team all year. Many complained to Larry Dukes, but he really doesn't care what parents think.

whats all this talk about john carroll baseball, nobody cares about there team they haven't been good for years and i dont think that it will turn around this year, lets talk about teams that are actually gonna bring some excitement to the 2008 season

First off, yes i am affiliated with bel air but im not going to be biased just want to get that strait

I just want to know why Bel Air gets no credit this year...we beat the Calvert Hall JV team two years ago which is now most of which on varsity 15-4 and now all of us that were on that team are healthy and on varsity but no one seems to think we will be very good when CMW, Fallston, and North Harford all lost 1st team all county stars. These teams will all be good yes, and i dont think we will go undefeated but i feel we have a very solid team this year.

First off, yes i am affiliated with bel air but im not going to be biased just want to get that strait

I just want to know why Bel Air gets no credit this year...we beat the Calvert Hall JV team two years ago which is now most of which on varsity 15-4 and now all of us that were on that team are healthy and on varsity but no one seems to think we will be very good when CMW, Fallston, and North Harford all lost 1st team all county stars. These teams will all be good yes, and i dont think we will go undefeated but i feel we have a very solid team this year.

Because people don't like to look past the teams that have been on top for the past 5 or so years. I do know that NH will not be as weak this year as people believe. If they have one weak spot it would be Short Stop, I don't think they have anyone who can fill in that spot. I would look for another good batting year from Jake Barben and we'll see if schmidt starts the year batting like he did at the end. Also the left fielder (don't know his name) hit well at times, but seemed very streaky. Their pitching I don't know too much about, I saw that schmidt will be their #1 probably then Brown and adams at #2 and #3. In the papers last year I saw that schmidt only had 3 wins and I believe 2 losses. One of which to Bel Air I believe and the other to Mount Hebron. He did though pitch against some of the better competition.

Onto CMW they will have to fill in the vacancy that Vernes left, he was a outstanding pitcher who pretty much baffled opposing hitters. But last year they showed that they could win with their bats, not only their pitching. I would look for Wlod...(won't butcher it) to have another great year. The same goes with their 1st baseman Rappazzo. I would also look at their centerfielder or one of the outfield positions. (I think his name is Rafferty) He is a quick runner and can hit the ball well.

Fallston will have the usually team back, I will be very interested to see how Weinhold bounces back from last year. He didn't do as well as his Fr. year b/c he was pitching against better teams, but I have seen him pitch, and believe me he will be a great pitcher this year. Other than that I have not really been to many Fallston games over the past 2 years so I am not going to make any assumptions.

My Standings at the end of the year

1 - C Milton Wright ( winning their 2nd title ) I have them losing in division to Fallston and one to either NH or BA.

2 - Fallston ~ I don't think Fallston is the division winner this year, but I could be wrong I havn't seen much of them I have them losing to spliting with CMW , BA and NH

3 - NH / BA ~ I picture both of these teams on the same level at this point. I think Bel Air could be a serious division contender, but they will have to play consistent ball. I also think NH could do the same if they can fill in their infield well enough. I have NH losing 2 times to CMW, once to Fallston and once to BA ... as for BA I have them spliting with CMW possible or losing both ( I don't think they can sweep CMW ) and spliting with NH and Fallston.

Well thats my 2 cents, but I could be wrong and I certainly hope I'm wrong (I want a very competitive division) but that is why the young men play for 7 innings, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN

Bel Air will be very good this year. I know of at least two kids from the team that are as good as anyone on the Calvert Hall Squad. My prediction is that Bel Air will contend for the title this year.

Bel Air will be very good this year. I know of at least two kids from the team that are as good as anyone on the Calvert Hall Squad. My prediction is that Bel Air will contend for the title this year.

Two years ago, while BA was winning a jv game against Calvert Hall -- Lingerman, Dillon, Blair were on the varsity and are Pre-Season All-State selections this year. BA does not have any players who are as good as these three, sorry.

Two years ago, while BA was winning a jv game against Calvert Hall -- Lingerman, Dillon, Blair were on the varsity and are Pre-Season All-State selections this year. BA does not have any players who are as good as these three, sorry.

Gentry is every bit as good as the three you have mentioned. If you think not, you obviously have not seen him play.

You are living in another land my friend. These 3 are playing on a different level than your boy.

QUOTE=terpsfan59;2959635]Gentry is every bit as good as the three you have mentioned. If you think not, you obviously have not seen him play.

i have played against dillion and my team scored double digit runs in metro

blair and lingerman on the otherhand i have not seen in person but ovuiously from their first team all metro selections they are very good i didnt mean to say our team is better than calvert hall, just that we can compete at that level

You are living in another land my friend. These 3 are playing on a different level than your boy.

QUOTE=terpsfan59;2959635]Gentry is every bit as good as the three you have mentioned. If you think not, you obviously have not seen him play.

First off, he's not my boy. I have no affiliation with him at all. Also, I've seen the Calvert Hall team twice a year for the last three years. I am well aware of the three before mentioned.

I am very close with Bubba adams and it has been confirmed he has broken his arm, while under some intense training with catfish hunter.....but catfish does have a pretty sweet handle bar mustache.

And just think, Dillon and fellow CHC pitcher Greg Terry went to Bel Air Middle and would be at BA now if they didnt go to Calvert Hall.

And just think, Dillon and fellow CHC pitcher Greg Terry went to Bel Air Middle and would be at BA now if they didnt go to Calvert Hall.

That is the story of alot of the harford county public school teams (not just baseball but all sports) in the area... and not just to CH but all of the private schools.