Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BAPitcher

Harco 08 Baseball

1,898 posts in this topic

who all does everyone think is earning 1st team all-county honors this year?

NH : Schmit , Barben ,maybe Young other than that I don't know because they didn't play well enough last year to get my vote.

CMW : Wlod(won't butcher it), Rapazzo, one of their outfielders inpressed me last year (Rafferty I think)

Fall : Weinhold, Loar.. don't know too much more about them.

The other teams I do not know enough about to say any names... I think pitching in the county is wide open.

POY: 90% sure its gonna be Woody from CMW, hes a real good hitter and hes a senior, so that gives him an edge.

CMW: Rapazzo, Rafferty and probably Markey (dont know too many other people)

BA: Gentry, Hergesheimer, Theis, Childress (Look for Gentry or Herg to win Harco POY as a senior and some all-met considerations)

Fallston: Weinhold, Loar (dont know anyone else)

And if you wanna include JC: Loiodice, Wolfe, and someone to look out for is freshman KJ Hockaday. He will be on varsity there and should start at a middle infield spot. I played with this kid in the fall and he is legit. All around great athlete and just a straight up baseball player. By the time he is a junior, he will be well known in the Baltimore area by baseball people. He will be just as good, if not better, than fellow SS Pat Blair at CHC.

Well now, these are my rankings about how this year will stack up tell me what u think

1-North Harford

2-Fallston

3-Bel air

4-CMW

Gentry is every bit as good as the three you have mentioned. If you think not, you obviously have not seen him play.

WHERE DOES GENTRY PLAY IN THE SUMMER I NEVER HAVE HEARD OF HIM AND WHAT GRADE IS HE NOW

WHERE DOES GENTRY PLAY IN THE SUMMER I NEVER HAVE HEARD OF HIM AND WHAT GRADE IS HE NOW

He is a junior, was on varsity last year and hitting in the middle of the lineup until he basically broke his foot. He plays for the Churchville Heat (now called Heat Baseball Club I think) 17u team in the summer.

What JV players from last year or possibly freshmen this year could have an impact on school's Varsity team this year. For example, last year Markey came from no where to make CMW's varsity team and was a 2nd county selection.

yea all ive heard about markey is that he was "hurt" all summer and pitched very little....and that he isnt very impressive anyway

I looked up Markey's profile from a P.G Showcase last September. They said he topped out at 82 mph. They use stalker guns which usually read lower than a juggs gun. That's not over powering but still good for his age.

What JV players from last year or possibly freshmen this year could have an impact on school's Varsity team this year. For example, last year Markey came from no where to make CMW's varsity team and was a 2nd county selection.

I was using Markey as an example. I was hoping to hear players that played JV last year that could make an impact this year.

No matter what you think about Markey, he did make a difference for CMW.

My son plays for Fallston and he tells me this is going to be a down year for them. They have low numbers and many kids are not returning to the team. He said they will be lucky to win 5 games. Bo Loar has apparently hurt his elbow throwing over the break. Also, the rumor of weinholt not playing is true. I talked to his parents and they said he is focusing on football. Good luck to Fallston this year, i hope my son is wrong.

with the pitching low this year it will deffinetly be a hitting year with guys like huston, gentry, theis, solesi, barben, schmidt, woody, rappazo, whienhold if he comes back, and many other good hitting in the upper and lower divison, who hitter or hitters will shine the most in the upcoming season? and are there any other players who you think will have a more disapointing in the 08 season then the 07 season

Try to start the bad rumors on another thread. If your son plays for Fallston, tell us a little about their preseason preparations this year. Give us some details so we know you are on the inside. NOT

My son plays for Fallston and he tells me this is going to be a down year for them. They have low numbers and many kids are not returning to the team. He said they will be lucky to win 5 games. Bo Loar has apparently hurt his elbow throwing over the break. Also, the rumor of weinholt not playing is true. I talked to his parents and they said he is focusing on football. Good luck to Fallston this year, i hope my son is wrong.

im not sure if its the same weinhold but i see a weinhold who is a junior at the southern md camp and it wouldnt make sense for him to be there if hes not gonna play baseball this year

Same Weinhold. The poster is an imposter.

im not sure if its the same weinhold but i see a weinhold who is a junior at the southern md camp and it wouldnt make sense for him to be there if hes not gonna play baseball this year

Try to start the bad rumors on another thread. If your son plays for Fallston, tell us a little about their preseason preparations this year. Give us some details so we know you are on the inside. NOT

Myself, my son and his personal trainer have decided not to put him in a dangerous situation like off season training with the Cougars. Their claws are to sharp and their teeth are ferocious. He is training one on one with Wade Boggs and doing serious amounts of steroids. For Real. But good luck to your off season training i'm sure you guys are doing great!

If you really were a parent you wouldn't start every sentence with My Son. Get off this board with your made up stories. Some people actually want to talk baseball. The only thing dangerous here is your silly thought patterns. Maybe your son, if you have one, should transfer to CHC or Spalding and take you and his trainer with him.:D

Myself, my son and his personal trainer have decided not to put him in a dangerous situation like off season training with the Cougars. Their claws are to sharp and their teeth are ferocious. He is training one on one with Wade Boggs and doing serious amounts of steroids. For Real. But good luck to your off season training i'm sure you guys are doing great!

that sounds like a good idea to me putting my son on steroids he is only 3 yrs old but its never to early to start know what i mean.

reportedly lands Rapazzo, Loar and Woody for 08-09. Not too bad a haul.

I would have thought Woody would have gone to a DI school right away. But I guess he can go to HCC, get good grades, and tear up that league and move onto a big college.

reportedly lands Rapazzo, Loar and Woody for 08-09. Not too bad a haul.

I've heard that Brian Wolfe will play with them also. Apparently he is transfering back home.