Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BAPitcher

Harco 08 Baseball

1,898 posts in this topic

Diamond Pros is having a fall showcase team. Most likely a better bet than this Rangers showcase.

I spoke to the Ranger coach on the phone this past spring. Honestly, he had all the dynamism of a lead pencil. Not sure he has what it takes to push your kid forward, or the contacts to grease the skids. Was strongly considering them for the fall, but when the tryout came we just let it go. Good thing though, things always work out for the better when we don't jump right away.

A rumor is going around that Mark Puckett will not be returning as Fallston baseball coach next spring. Any one know about this?

It's true. He took a job with the board of ed. also i hear rumor about stetka returning to CMW to assist coach blackburn.

yea you're right. NH looks to be very weak. and Tech will be okay. i expect maybe 500 for them. Can anyone explain more about this ranger showcase team? i recognize a few players. Markey is a good player. Sliwka isn't very good i know that much.

The Rangers Showcase team is legit. They have been around a long time. Eeryone on the team gets equal time because its a showcase team. They try to put their boys in college. Don't hate on them, they are the same as any fall showcase team. So are the oriolelanders, obviously the best players in the state. They are rivaled by the Mid-Atlantic Red Sox who are seen on the same level as the oriolelanders. Carroll County is probably a step below them but still has decent talent enough to compete.

As for their players I don't know any current ones on any team. I here the talent is not what it used to be for any team.

And i find it shameful about all the players you people knock on here they are kids leave them alone. Half dont even know about these blogs.

they may be kids but they aren't 12 anymore. they will have to handle criticism..and the ranger team is a few steps below the oriolanders and red sox.

What I'm saying is criticism has reached a new age. Anybody can say anything. These are kids even though they might be 18.

the 7 or 8 better kids from the summer team but the tryouts haven't happened yet. I think it's august 17 .

the 7 or 8 better kids from the summer team but the tryouts haven't happened yet. I think it's august 17 .

My guess is that they do not want players to tryout since there is no information on their website, nor the Aegis. Probably the team was hand picked just like last year's team with tryouts being a charade.

Professional Style Workout on Sunday August 17, 2008 @ 10:00 am at Essex Community College for players interested in playing for Diamond Pros 16U Team as well as 17-18 Teams for 2009.

that is what i got off their website

Professional Style Workout on Sunday August 17, 2008 @ 10:00 am at Essex Community College for players interested in playing for Diamond Pros 16U Team as well as 17-18 Teams for 2009.

that is what i got off their website

I may be blind, but I don't see anything on their website

http://www.eteamz.com/DiamondProsBaseball/

there is nothing on that website but if you go to their business website thats where i got the information i believe it is diamondprosbaseball.com

there is nothing on that website but if you go to their business website thats where i got the information i believe it is diamondprosbaseball.com

I spoke to the Diamond Pros and they said the folowing:15, 16 and 17-18 tryouts as well kicking off at 10:00am. No release needed

Did anyone from Harford County public schools who played this past season get any money to attend a 4 year college to play baseball that you know of?

Yes, jake barben did. He's going to East Stroudsburg.

My guess is that they do not want players to tryout since there is no information on their website, nor the Aegis. Probably the team was hand picked just like last year's team with tryouts being a charade.

y on earth would they not want anyone to tryout. that might be the dumbest thing i've ever heard. last summer they got the best players they could've. No player got cut that deserved to be on the team. This fall they'll have the same kind of thing maybe more players show up maybe not.

y on earth would they not want anyone to tryout. that might be the dumbest thing i've ever heard. last summer they got the best players they could've. No player got cut that deserved to be on the team. This fall they'll have the same kind of thing maybe more players show up maybe not.

Because the team is picked before tryouts

that's not true. Just because u got cut from that team doesn't mean that they were pre-selected. Just let it go.

yea i've heard of it. It's just a DPros camp. nothing to do with the team. Some people forget that DPros is a business too.

Has anyone heard of this local baseball opportunity? http://www.ccbcmd.edu/athletics/essex/camps/freshsophfallbaseclinic.html

This is for high school freshman and sophmores. They are trying to have four teams that would play double headers on Sundays. They plan on starting the day with instruction and then games. The $300 fee also includes a weekday workout at Diamond Pros. The program will last eight weeks. Sounds like a good opportunity to get some good instruction from knowledgeable baseball people. Although I've heard that interest has been somewhat limited but I head that a few weeks ago. Not sure how many kids showed up for the evaluations. If my son wasn't playing fall ball for his HS team he'd be in this program.

This is for high school freshman and sophmores. They are trying to have four teams that would play double headers on Sundays. They plan on starting the day with instruction and then games. The $300 fee also includes a weekday workout at Diamond Pros. The program will last eight weeks. Sounds like a good opportunity to get some good instruction from knowledgeable baseball people. Although I've heard that interest has been somewhat limited but I head that a few weeks ago. Not sure how many kids showed up for the evaluations. If my son wasn't playing fall ball for his HS team he'd be in this program.

What high school team plays fall ball together?

Culater,

Dont know who is in it this year but I no CCBC-Catonsville has had a fall high school league for years.