Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rcpji

a missed opportunity ?

6 posts in this topic

here in western, md all we get is pittsburg news/sports. last night on sports talk all were signing the praises about the trade the pirates made in getting ADAM LOUROSH (sp ?) from the Braves. I think the O's bluddered in not getting him. would he have been a better fit than the guy we got from Tampa Bay?

To get LaRoche would've required giving up Roberts. Getting Huff only cost money.

I was in favor of the trade, as I think LaRoche is a better player than Huff, and I don't think Roberts is that much superior to Giles. We'll see how things shake out this season. If LaRoche bombs as some are predicting, then they'll be glad they didn't do the deal.

here in western, md all we get is pittsburg news/sports. last night on sports talk all were signing the praises about the trade the pirates made in getting ADAM LOUROSH (sp ?) from the Braves. I think the O's bluddered in not getting him. would he have been a better fit than the guy we got from Tampa Bay?

The reasons mentioned above are some of the reasons why Huff is better for the O's, but there are also other reasons, to include that Huff is a better hitter, and he's played well in the AL East before. He also strikes out less.

YOU don't show much respect for Brian Roberts. Why do you think the Braves wanted him? Because he is probably the best 2B and leadoff hitter in baseball. I wouldn't trade BR for Todd Helton even up, much less for LAROOCH!

braves went from brian roberts previous allstar 2nd basemnan to a relief pitcher for larouche.

something smells funny about what the braves know about laroche plus they have an unproven guy their willing to plug in everyday at 1b