Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trace21230

Fordin: Os Outfield Strong

33 posts in this topic

I think Huff is capable of .320 30 100 numbers if everything clicks.

TM

i like the part where he says markakis had a strong defensive prescence with 7 asissts and an accurate arm.

he had some bad throws last year and got bashed here but overall with him patterson and payton thats a strong defensive outfield which will help save some runs

I think if Gibbons stays healthy a 25/90 season is well within his reach. Maybe even a 30/105 now with his vision improved. I said in another thread I would like to see Jay do well at first base. I would rather see him there than left field. :)
I'd like to see him RF.....in Colorado :) (hey, he can't be worse than Brad Hawpe out there).

Go O's.

gibbons will be challanging sosa for comeback player of the year now's not the time to trade him

i like the part where he says markakis had a strong defensive prescence with 7 asissts and an accurate arm.

he had some bad throws last year and got bashed here but overall with him patterson and payton thats a strong defensive outfield which will help save some runs

The nice this is that he's only gonna get better.

TM

The nice this is that he's only gonna get better.

TM

i hope so the sophmore slump could hit but i think he's gone through the phase where teams have scouted him to find his weaknesses and he's been able to overcome then with the amount of bats he has had.

I think our outfield has a shot to be slightly above league average. Offensively, Markakis is solid in right, Patterson/Payton should be at least average in center and Huff should be slightly below league average in left, but a massive improvement over Fahey.

Defensively, Patterson and Markakis should be above average. I don't know if Huff will be any good in left, but I fear he will lumber around at there catching balls on occasion.

Also, re: Millar...he did post the 3rd highest OPS on the Orioles last year. He's not very good, but he doesn't suck either. I'd much rather have Millar at first and Huff in left then Huff at first and Payton in left everyday.

i hope so the sophmore slump could hit but i think he's gone through the phase where teams have scouted him to find his weaknesses and he's been able to overcome then with the amount of bats he has had.

The thing that makes me confident he will improve more is that he started slow last year and got better. He didn't "burst" onto the scene.

TM