Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thefitzman1

O's infield ranked 6th in AL

21 posts in this topic

Seems a bit high with Millar, an aging Mora and Tejada whose defensive skills are diminishing - not to mention his bat. ... :)

I think things have to be kept in perspective - Roberts and Tejada are easily in the top tier at their respective positions, which gives us a head up right there.

You won' t find anyone that can turn a double play faster than Brian Roberts.

Seems a bit high with Millar, an aging Mora and Tejada whose defensive skills are diminishing - not to mention his bat. ... :)

Tejada's glove is above average. Check his stats.

As for his bat "diminishing"??? You're high.

6th...Sounds about right to me, their picks for one through three look good. Not so sure about the Tiger's at (4)...Detroit would be a litle further done my list.

6th...Sounds about right to me, their picks for one through three look good. Not so sure about the Tiger's at (4)...Detroit would be a litle further done my list.

I'm not crushed about Detroit being above us, but Seattle? I know that national people aren't high on Mora or Millar, but the O's infield is better than the Mariners.

I'm not crushed about Detroit being above us, but Seattle? I know that national people aren't high on Mora or Millar, but the O's infield is better than the Mariners.

...heading into 2007.

While close at 3B, I'd take Mora over Inge, Tejada over C.Guillen, Roberts over Polanco.

I'd give Casey the nod over whomever we throw out there (Millar/Gibbons)...but that choice alone doesn't make up for the other three O's.

You aren't allowd to say that Tejaada 's defensive skill are dimininishing. On this board he is a gold glover no matter what! All told, I wouldn't have thought that our IF would rank so high. I surprised we were higher than #9 or #10.

You aren't allowd to say that Tejaada 's defensive skill are dimininishing. On this board he is a gold glover no matter what! All told, I wouldn't have thought that our IF would rank so high. I surprised we were higher than #9 or #10.

You're allowed to say Tejada's defensive skills are diminishing, you'd just be wrong. If you look at his defensive stats, last year was pretty much the same as his previous years.

Miguel's not a gold glover. However, he's not a terrible defensive shortstop, either, as some on this board have suggested.

the yanks have 3 solid players arod's throwing problems were a little scary last year.1b offensive production is questionable

i would take texas as the number 1 infield.

the sporting news rated 2b for fantasy baseball

roberts was right behind cano and polanco was ranked last in the mlb.

The Orioles should be higher.

Texas should be #1 and the Yankees #2.

WhiteSox are good, but a guy like Crede has to repeat that year.

Detroit? I wouldn't take anyone in Detroit's infield over an Oriole.

Seattle? Sexson gets a big edge, but the Orioles are way better at SS and 2B.

Mora, Roberts and Tejada will all be better than last season, because they left themselves room to easily improve.

I'd probably put the Orioles right behind the CHW at #4...and they aren't that far from the top.

For all of the whining about Millar, he'll still get 20hrs and a OBP > .350 this season, which is fine. My only problem with Millar is the Orioles could have had 2 draft picks for him and still signed someone like Craig Wilson to provide similar production.

Go O's.

Miguel's not a gold glover. However, he's not a terrible defensive shortstop, either, as some on this board have suggested.

This is perfect description. I was a college short stop so I have a little different perspective.

He has a very strong and accurate arm. He goes to his right much bettter than to his left. He has lost a step, mostly from the added muscle weight he has put on.

That being said, after much discussion about his defensive play, he was STRONG in the second half lst year with the glove.

all true but the day will come when tejeda will have to move to 3b or 1b or dh. i think fahey has a better glove than miguel and can get to more balls

all true but the day will come when tejeda will have to move to 3b or 1b or dh. i think fahey has a better glove than miguel and can get to more balls

I'm sorry but fahey does not have the ability to be a major league starter. He will never hit better than .250 and with zero power.

I'm sorry but fahey does not have the ability to be a major league starter. He will never hit better than .250 and with zero power.

your saying he's know mark belanger

I was just thinking the same thing- isn't that a description of Mark Belanger?

I doubt Fahey is as good a fielder, but SS is the one place where a guy's glove can overcome a lack of offensive prowess.

I was just thinking the same thing- isn't that a description of Mark Belanger?

I doubt Fahey is as good a fielder, but SS is the one place where a guy's glove can overcome a lack of offensive prowess.

Not in today's game. Very few competive teams put a great glove/no hit SS on the field these days. In today's offensive oriented game the only position that receives a free pass on offense is behind the plate.

Millar played decent D last year at 1st. not sure why anyone would be down on him.

TM

it seems fair to be in the middle of the pack. tejada, even with his diminishing fielding skills, is average in the field and excels at the plate. millar is slightly below average at first and isnt a butcher with the glove. more is fairly below average with the bat these days and is almost average. roberts . . . i hope he was still coming off his injury last year because offensively he was average last year and slightly above for defense. i am hoping he comes back and hits more doubles. so, yeah, i think tejada bounces everyone up.