Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baseball007

MIAA Baseball 2008

928 posts in this topic

1998: Calvert Hall, 10th in East Region

2001: Archbishop Curley, 8th in East Region

2004: Mt. St. Joseph, 8th in East Region

2005: Calvert Hall, 1st in East Region (7th in USA)

2006: Calvert Hall, 9th in East Region

2007: Calvert Hall, 2nd in East Region (4th in USA)

2008: :confused:

Curley could have Randy Johnson and Bedard pitching and would still lose. The coach is a do nothing BUM. I have watched him lose games not the players with dumb moves or none at all. It is a shame what has become of this program

Just to let you know Softball Dog Curley did play yesterday and won 6-0. Thompson pitched 3 innings, Cushing pitched 3 innings and Franke closed it. They looked good for the first game of the season, and could be an interesting season.

Who did they play? And it wont last long. By the way I am a Curley Fan

They played Boys Latin and did well. If you are a Curley fan than why the bashing of the team? New season let's see where it goes before we tear them up. I think they may surprise some this year. Got some good senior pitchers and a lefty junior who did not get much pitching time last year but should see more of this year. So like I keep saying should be an interesting year and one to watch.

...you know what else will help? no longer having the infielder who needed a relay man to make the throw to first base on the rare occassions that the ball didn't bounce off of the frying pan he had for a glove.

...you know what else will help? not having a "certain infielder" who needed a relay man to make the throw to first base on the rare occassions that the ball didn't bounce off of the frying pan he had for a glove.

Are you talking about Curley Baseball or just thinking out loud about another team??????????

I think Curley's defense will be better. The mood should be positive this year...a welcome change.

I'm just an outsider who did see Curley play a couple times last year at Calvert Hall and at St. Pauls. The talent on the team was not great. I don't care who was coaching that team, the talent was poor as was the pitching. No matter what, they were going to struggle. Its easy to blame the coaches when a team fails, but you need talent to win and Curley certainly had very little last year.

It sounds like the team is better this year and thats good for the conference.

"The new "CRISPINO STADIUM", presently under construction at the Towson Campus, is nothing short of spectacular."

You can say that again!

I drive by it occasionally, it's unbelievable that a high school has such a facility.

Some minor league teams don't have it that nice.

Joe DH'd last year so don't get too carried away with your criticisms. You know what else would really help? Having consistent batting practice (more than once a week), having pitchers throw more than once a week, working on 1st and 3rd plays so that other teams don't embarrass you, not putting pitchers in a tight game who haven't thrown in a month, not pitching your centerfielder when you have 5 rested pitchers, not practicing for 5 days before playing Mt. St. Joe in the middle of the season, not throwing players into a game at a position that haven't really practiced at, playing Alaskan baseball (yeah I don't know what that is either). I could go on but this board doesn't have enough space left. If your son is on the team, you know what I mean. Lie to yourself if you want, but don't go blaming poor performance on a kid who wasn't even in the field. I know how Curley baseball used to be played, this isn't even close. Maybe you can help make things better, but if you can, that speaks poorly for what has gone on over there the last 4 years.

Your son must no longer be there or you would see the changes in pitching and field practice this year. Things are different and I believe for the better. I will not deny some of your statements above but I will say it again I think things will be different this year. Time will tell. Pitching is looking good, 3 strong seniors (Thompson,Fritz,Cushing) and 1 strong junior (Franke) to get the season started and with good defense who knows what could happen.

Any updates on scores today?

I heard Loyola beat Boys Latin today 16-5 in a scrimmage, nothing formal.

Any more scores or updates about the MIAA?

Mt. St. Joe beat North County 13-11, but it really was never that close. The hitting was pretty impressive along with their three starters, Ryan Kemp, Tommy Miller, and Danny Druzgala who each pitched an inning. After their three innings it was 9-1. They really only had one bad inning where they had a few errors and thats when North County got all of their runs. But the starting pitching and the hitting was pretty impressive.

Good to hear that MSJ could have a potent offense to go along with their strong starting pitching. I stopped in and spoke with some of the coaches and they are all pumped up to give CHC their first loss at the $2M stadium. I have high hopes for the Gaels this year; once they get into the playoffs (knock wood) anything can happen with such deep pitching and the sound defense that Coach Norton makes sure is a hallmark of his teams.

I heard JC lost to Harford Tech, 9-2. Wasn't at the game so can't speak to details.

So JC lost to a bunch of guys who came from Emmorton travel? How will they ever survive a season in the MIAA?

it was JCs first game of the year get off your high horse T800

it was JCs first game of the year get off your high horse T800

You have to remember here is a guy, (T800) who has a son in Calvert Hall but is obsessed with John Carroll. Can anyone figure this out?? I sure have a real difficult time with it. It seems to me Calvert Hall has much bigger fish to fry than JC. You have pounded this team in the ground mercilessly. I think he needs to start worrying about his son's team and forget about JC. It's actually kind of wierd.

You have to remember here is a guy, (T800) who has a son in Calvert Hall but is obsessed with John Carroll. Can anyone figure this out?? I sure have a real difficult time with it. It seems to me Calvert Hall has much bigger fish to fry than JC. You have pounded this team in the ground mercilessly. I think he needs to start worrying about his son's team and forget about JC. It's actually kind of wierd.

couldnt agree with you more terpsfan

couldnt agree with you more terpsfan

Hey, I am pulling for JC to do better. I know a lot of good kids who are playing for them now and will be in the future. These kids deserve better than what they are receiving now and will be in the future it looks like. As stated before JC should be the jewel of Harford County High School Baseball instead of possibly heading to the MIAA B conference in near future.

i heard chc beat avalon today by the ten run rule 10-0 anyone confirm that

Calvert Hall beat Avalon High School, of Bethesda, 10-0. Dillon and Terry each threw two innings and Geiss threw the 5th. Blair and Lingerman supplied the offense with 4 or 5 total RBI's. Blair cleared the bases with a double in the bottom of the 5th to pick up 3 RBI's. They are scheduled to play Franklin HS at 4:00pm today at Redwood Field off Perring Parkway. The "Cards" have a game scheduled for every day this week including Saturday against Dematha. One day at a time-one game at a time.