Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baseball007

MIAA Baseball 2008

928 posts in this topic

CHC beat Franklin today in a scrimmage about 7-2 I think. There currently playing at Redwood field where there is no scoreboard so it's hard to keep track. Pretty much every pitcher that didn't pitch yesterday pitched today, Roethschild, Geiger, Caddick, Triomfo, and I believe one other. CHC takes on Eastern Tech in a scrim t/m.

miaahockey,

Do you know where the scrimmage is tomorrow?? Was at ET today picking up my youngest and ran in to some players. They seem to not know what is going on. Said the coaches haven't heard from CHC in weeks and have no idea where or if the game is going to be played. If it is Redwood where is that?

miaahockey,

Do you know where the scrimmage is tomorrow?? Was at ET today picking up my youngest and ran in to some players. They seem to not know what is going on. Said the coaches haven't heard from CHC in weeks and have no idea where or if the game is going to be played. If it is Redwood where is that?

Game is scheduled for 3:30 at the alternate location, Redwood field, since the Crispino Stadium is not finished yet.

CHC their first loss at the $2M stadium. I have high hopes for the Gaels this year; once they get into the playoffs (knock wood) anything can happen with such deep pitching and the sound defense that Coach Norton makes sure is a hallmark of his teams.

Teixiera coming back? :D

He wouldn't hurt...but I think st. joe might have a chance to upset them on April 2nd at st. joe. If st. joe's starter for the game can keep them close i think that st. joe's hitters can put enough runs up to get the win.

Has anyone heard anything about CMW this year other than Woody is the front runner for POY? From what I am hearing, CMW does not have any depth. They only have 2 starting pitchers, Rappazzo and Markey. Who is the number 3, 4, or 5 starters? When Markey pitches who is going to play shortstop? When Rappazzo pitches, who will play first base. Markey has been injury prone. Who would fill in if he hurts his arm again this season?

I am starting to believe that CMW will finish 4 behind Fallston, Bel Air, and North Harford. They could finish lower, but the quality of competition after these schools is really non-existent.

Has anyone heard anything about CMW this year other than Woody is the front runner for POY? From what I am hearing, CMW does not have any depth. They only have 2 starting pitchers, Rappazzo and Markey. Who is the number 3, 4, or 5 starters? When Markey pitches who is going to play shortstop? When Rappazzo pitches, who will play first base. Markey has been injury prone. Who would fill in if he hurts his arm again this season?

I am starting to believe that CMW will finish 4 behind Fallston, Bel Air, and North Harford. They could finish lower, but the quality of competition after these schools is really non-existent.

JC Athlete your are on the wrong area for this question. This is the MIAA thread. This belongs on the Harford County thread.

Anyone know how the JC team is doing in FL?

Games do not start until today. They just went down yesterday.

CHC beat DeMatha in a real game today 4-3 in a nail biter. Cards were down 3-1 (thanks to some key errors by the defense in the 2nd) in the bottom of the 7th but the top half of the order got the job done and tied it up 3-3. The Cards strike zone seemed to shrink when Dematha got up to bat in the top of the 8th, but after a single to left center, 2nd baseman Fitzgereld made a great diving double play, which was followed by a catch by Cain in DEEP center (about 390 ft). Matt Fairbank led the top of the inning off and quickly sent a ball to even deeper center field and netted himself a tripple. Dematha than intentionalied walked the next two batters but the stategy did not pay off as 2nd baseman Fitzgerald took ball four and the game was over.

CHC 2-0 so far this season and eextends there overall win streak to 39

They beat them 7-0 i think, it was a shut out, but I'm not sure exactly how many runs CHC scored

CHC only had 2 or 3 earned runs, the rest were unearned. Perry Hall played pretty good defense with solid pitching performance from many,the bats weren't really there but no hurt but its the first scrim so things will pan out but CHC played well also like always.

Loyola beat both Parkville and Towson today in a double header at Parkville.

lrbaseball08: here's the rundown on the CHC Dematha game:

CHC beat DeMatha in a real game today 4-3 in a nail biter. Cards were down 3-1 (thanks to some key errors by the defense in the 2nd) in the bottom of the 7th but the top half of the order got the job done and tied it up 3-3. The Cards strike zone seemed to shrink when Dematha got up to bat in the top of the 8th, but after a single to left center, 2nd baseman Fitzgereld made a great diving double play, which was followed by a catch by Cain in DEEP center (about 390 ft). Matt Fairbank led the top of the inning off and quickly sent a ball to even deeper center field and netted himself a tripple. Dematha than intentionalied walked the next two batters but the stategy did not pay off as 2nd baseman Fitzgerald took ball four and the game was over.

CHC 2-0 so far this season and eextends there overall win streak to 39

CHC beat DeMatha in a real game today 4-3 in a nail biter. Cards were down 3-1 (thanks to some key errors by the defense in the 2nd) .... but after a single to left center, 2nd baseman Fitzgereld made a great diving double play

Any chance Fitz goes to shortstop in a switch with Blair?

Curley hits six home runs in an 11-2 victory over Parkville. Looks like they have some pretty good power this season.

Curley hits six home runs in an 11-2 victory over Parkville. Looks like they have some pretty good power this season.

Or they just have a 310 foot fence in centerfield...honestly the homeruns they hit off our pitching would have been fly ball outs on other fields, except the Thompson homerun that was just a straight up bomb.