Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David

We Coulda Had Bigbie Back

29 posts in this topic

he's got potential

Millions of baseball fans like Larry Bigbie...:P

Pax Vobiscum

Saint-Just X

Pax Vobiscum

Saint-Just X

I think you underestimate his popularity. afterall, he's an ex-Oriole

:confused: Now the Dodgers made a pre emptive strike and grabbed him while O parameters were probably being gone over. See below for the details on this O blooper:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-bigbe202,0,7605573.story?coll=bal-sports-baseball

Blooper? Not sure if you're kidding or not. If not, I don't think there's anyone here who wants Bigbie back. He was once touted as "the next great Oriole" by some joker in the media a few years back. Now it seems his playing days in the majors may soon be over, unless he comes back in a big way.

I think you underestimate his popularity. afterall, he's an ex-Oriole

As the Dodgers no longer have Jayson Werth - he buggered off to Philadelphia - at least,with Bigbie,they still have one member of the ''Orioles' outfield of the future'' (circa 2000) in their organisation..:D

Pax Vobiscum

Saint-Just X

Why would the Orioles want him?

What would he bring to the table that the Orioles don't already have?

29 years old, 6 seasons, 31 HRs (career, not year), .267 batting average.

That doesn't exactly put fear into the hearts of AL pitchers everywhere . . .

As the Dodgers no longer have Jayson Werth - he buggered off to Philadelphia - at least,with Bigbie,they still have one member of the ''Orioles' outfield of the future'' (circa 2000) in their organisation..:D

Pax Vobiscum

Saint-Just X

I admit that I wish Bigbie would have blossomed with the O's and I hated to see him traded away (especially after the fact that they released Byrnes in the end :mad: ). Anyway, I wish him well and hope that he puts up some good numbers.

1 person likes this

I imagine they did not pursie Bigbie because he bats left handed. I personally thought they gave up on him too soon.

He has power and excellant foot speed, and is a fine fielder.

My guess he will do well, if he is over his injuries.

Good luck Larry!

I admit that I wish Bigbie would have blossomed with the O's and I hated to see him traded away (especially after the fact that they released Byrnes in the end :mad: ). Anyway, I wish him well and hope that he puts up some good numbers.

I share your opinion to the letter.

Pax Vobiscum

Saint-Just X

:D

Toby: I think we all wish Larry well. he was a disappointment, but I never felt like he didn't try his best all the time.

Is this thread a joke?

I'll play along if it is.

The Orioles really screwed up by not signing Tony Batista this offseason.

If you ever watched Bigbie attempt to hit ( I use the word "attempt" because he sure wasn't very good at it) he rarely got the barrel or fat part of the bat on the ball. Hence as someone else posted, he shows little power even though he is a big strong looking guy. I think he is a case of a guy who looks or has the appearance of a big league hitter but in actuality just doesn't have the talent to amount to much. In other words all fluff and no stuff!! He would probably be one hell of a softball player though~!!:D

Just say no to Larry "big out" Bigbie. One mistake with this guy was enough.:rolleyes:

:confused: Now the Dodgers made a pre emptive strike and grabbed him while O parameters were probably being gone over. See below for the details on this O blooper:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-bigbe202,0,7605573.story?coll=bal-sports-baseball

The Post was kinda 1/2 in jest and 1/2 seriously cause of all the fans who still pine for Larry and cause of his regretable ineptness with a bat that seemingly had so so much potential:) .

Pax Vobiscum

Saint-Just X

Source please? :P

If you ever watched Bigbie attempt to hit ( I use the word "attempt" because he sure wasn't very good at it) he rarely got the barrel or fat part of the bat on the ball. Hence as someone else posted, he shows little power even though he is a big strong looking guy. I think he is a case of a guy who looks or has the appearance of a big league hitter but in actuality just doesn't have the talent to amount to much. In other words all fluff and no stuff!! He would probably be one hell of a softball player though~!!:D

Just say no to Larry "big out" Bigbie. One mistake with this guy was enough.:rolleyes:

You're not the same feller who used to post about Nick "Outmakis" are you? :confused:

1 person likes this

Yikes, totally off topic, but I just realize my post total hit 3,333... makes me pine for the days of Orioles Baseball over on 33rd Street when the O's totally ruled... well, they still rule, but only in the hearts of their fans.. ok, enough, I'll quit wasting good cyberspace for the moment..

You're not the same feller who used to post about Nick "Outmakis" are you? :confused:

I have an "old" feeling about him as well.

I have an "old" feeling about him as well.

Hmmmm.....what was that TV western? Sugarfoot?

HC