Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

Gang Initiation Warning!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#1 Big D Mom of Three

Big D Mom of Three

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,641 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:00 AM

I just received the following e-mail:

DON'T FLASH HEADLIGHTS AT ANY CAR WITH NO LIGHTS ON!!
>
> Police officers working with the DARE program have issued this Warning: If you are driving
> after dark and see and on-coming car with no headlights on, DO NOT FLASH YOUR LIGHTS AT THEM!
This is a common "Bloods" member "initiation game" that goes like this: The new gang member under initiation drives along with no headlights, and the first car to flash their headlights at him is now his "target.".

He is now required to turn around and chase and spot that car, then shoot and kill every individual
> in the vehicle in order to complete his initiation requirements. Police Depts across the nation
> are being warned.
>
> Their intent is to have all the new bloods nationwide drive around on Friday and Saturday
nights with their headlights off. In order to be accepted into the gang, they have to shoot and
> kill all individuals in the first auto that does a courtesy flash to warn them that their lights are off.
>
Make sure you share this information with all the drivers in your family! Please forward this
message to all your friends and family members to inform them about his initiation ritual.
<HR

#2 brassai2003

brassai2003

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:03 AM

SERIOUS?!?!?
http://www.snopes.co...n/lightsout.asp

stay away from Pop Rocks and Coke too..I hear that it makes your stomach explode!
HATE the Steelers?
Get one for Sunday!

#3 SouthSide

SouthSide

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,027 posts

This one has been floating around for years. Don't really know whether it's true or not. A buddy and I flashed people a few times just to se what would happen. And nothing happened. But that was on the highway.

Perhaps another urban legend.

#4 El-Amin

El-Amin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,030 posts

>
> Police officers working with the DARE program have issued this Warning: If you are driving
> after dark and see and on-coming car with no headlights on, DO NOT FLASH YOUR LIGHTS AT THEM!
This is a common "Bloods" member "initiation game" that goes like this: The new gang member under initiation drives along with no headlights, and the first car to flash their headlights at him is now his "target.".

He is now required to turn around and chase and spot that car, then shoot and kill every individual
> in the vehicle in order to complete his initiation requirements. Police Depts across the nation
> are being warned.
>
> Their intent is to have all the new bloods nationwide drive around on Friday and Saturday
nights with their headlights off. In order to be accepted into the gang, they have to shoot and
> kill all individuals in the first auto that does a courtesy flash to warn them that their lights are off.
>
Make sure you share this information with all the drivers in your family! Please forward this
message to all your friends and family members to inform them about his initiation ritual.
<HR

This has been an "Urban Myth" e-mail that has been floating around since 1995. Although I don't believe it, I abide by it :)
"Time is the friend of the righteous and enemy of the wicked."

#5 Big D Mom of Three

Big D Mom of Three

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,641 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:05 AM

So who's to say whether it's true or not?

I wouldn't risk my life trying it.

#6 com6063

com6063

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,274 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:07 AM

Hmmm....I stil haven't received my millions from Bill Gates either?
"Pray, hope, and don't worry." — St. Padre Pio of Pietrelcina

#7 pkroupa

pkroupa

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,921 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:11 AM

so instead you'll risk other folks lives by not telling some jackhole his lights are out? usually i see a homer driving with his parking lights on, which means his dash lights are on and he thinks he's good to go. i flash and flick my lights to these folks so some poor person doesn't pull out in front of them because they didn't see them. btw, it would still be the other guy's fault for pulling out and taking the right of way. even if you're wrong, once you have the right of way, it's yours.
BELIEVE!!!!!!
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Freud

#8 THE_1

THE_1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:11 AM

I got that email yesterday, with the title saying "State Police Warning..." This thing has been going around for years, and I always thought it was an urban legend. But for verification, I called the MD State Police yesterday after I got the email. Their response was that the email was indeed an urban legend, and they have never heard of a single incident such as the one described in the email. I sent that info back to the person who sent me the email. I wonder how many people she forwarded it to. People love to spread baseless urban legends around the internet and dress them up as some kind of verified truth. I guess people are suckers for the sensational. FWIW, I usually flash my highbeams to let the other drive know their headlights are off. I think the risk of a collision due to their lack of headlights in low visibility conditions is greater than my risk of being shot in an imaginary gang initiation ritual.

#9 brassai2003

brassai2003

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:12 AM

So who's to say whether it's true or not?

I wouldn't risk my life trying it.

Yeah, like the rat in the KFC box. It stopped me from eating there....my wife and I don't go camping anymore because of the guy with the hook on his hand..HE'S RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHH!
Serioulsy, I flash my lights at people in the city all the time.
Stay out there safe in the burbs where there are no gulp...."Bloods" and "Cribs!" Or is it "Crips" I just can't keep up with the kids' lingo these days! :P
HATE the Steelers?
Get one for Sunday!

#10 Big D Mom of Three

Big D Mom of Three

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,641 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:17 AM

I got that email yesterday, with the title saying "State Police Warning..." This thing has been going around for years, and I always thought it was an urban legend. But for verification, I called the MD State Police yesterday after I got the email. Their response was that the email was indeed an urban legend, and they have never heard of a single incident such as the one described in the email. I sent that info back to the person who sent me the email. I wonder how many people she forwarded it to. People love to spread baseless urban legends around the internet and dress them up as some kind of verified truth. I guess people are suckers for the sensational. FWIW, I usually flash my highbeams to let the other drive know their headlights are off. I think the risk of a collision due to their lack of headlights in low visibility conditions is greater than my risk of being shot in an imaginary gang initiation ritual.

Oh ok, I'm glad you called. I just got it and it seemed pretty legite with the District Court logo and everything.

Thanks.

#11 brassai2003

brassai2003

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:19 AM

>

> are being warned.
>
>
<HR

FROM THE MARYLAND STATE POLICE:
RE: BREAKOUT
MEMO: LAST NIGHT EXTREMELY DANGEROUS CRIMINAL MICHAEL MYERS BROKE OUT OF THE STATE INSTITUTE FOR THE CRIMINALY INSANE. MYERS IS VERY DANGEROUS. PLEASE REMAIN INDOORS UNTIL HE IS CAPTURED. HIS DOCTOR, SAM LOOMIS, IS WORKING WITH POLICE TO APPREHEND MICHAEL. AGAIN, PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR HOUSES UNTIL THIS MATTER HAS BEEN RESOLVED.

;) I could leave the house, but what if this is true?
HATE the Steelers?
Get one for Sunday!

#12 Big D Mom of Three

Big D Mom of Three

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,641 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:22 AM

Don't be ridiculous, it really isn't a laughing matter but make fun all you want.

Any warning regarding gangs better be taken seriously and investigated because gangs are real unlike Michael Meyers.

#13 txruby98

txruby98

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:27 AM

ALL Baltimore area police crusers & undecover cars are NOW required TO flash their lights upon their approach of Gang cars driven by Crips & Bloods that have their lights turned off.

In the case of Crips & Bloods gang members driving during daylight with there lights ON, it is required to turn your lights on & then off. Stop for the pursuing car and you will be rewarded.

If approached by a gang car with one light off and one on, you should bang-out the universal code for "Go Red & Go Blue" with your lights. If passing car turns around, please stop and give directions.

more instructions to follow... stay tuned to this Bat Channel..

L Mason

#14 brassai2003

brassai2003

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:30 AM

ALL Baltimore area police crusers & undecover cars are NOW required TO flash their lights upon their approach of Gang cars driven by Crips & Bloods that have their lights turned off.

In the case of Crips & Bloods gang members driving during daylight with there lights ON, it is required to turn your lights on & then off. Stop for the pursuing car and you will be rewarded.

If approached by a gang car with one light off and one on, you should bang-out the universal code for "Go Red & Go Blue" with your lights. If passing car turns around, please stop and give directions.

more instructions to follow... stay tuned to this Bat Channel..

L Mason

or you could just check the internet! I got this official looking letter from bank warning me about a breach of my account, so I sent them my SS#, and the account number.....well the e-mail LOOKED official.....good thing i checked the INTERNET first.

Ahhhh..Will Rogers was right......
HATE the Steelers?
Get one for Sunday!

#15 THE_1

THE_1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:40 AM

Oh ok, I'm glad you called. I just got it and it seemed pretty legite with the District Court logo and everything.

Thanks.

Yeah that's the same email I got with the Court logo.

#16 Sprightly

Sprightly

Relaxing in Bimini

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54,543 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:44 AM

Big D Mom of Three - You're not the first, or last, to post something like that without realizing that it's a hoax.

However, human nature necessitates those with superior knowledge to continue beating a dead horse. :)
To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#17 Lawman 27

Lawman 27

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:54 AM

Big D Mom of Three - You're not the first, or last, to post something like that without realizing that it's a hoax.

However, human nature necessitates those with superior knowledge to continue beating a dead horse. :)

Sprite,

I don't think Big D is trying to stir up rumors here. She saw a safety issue and she's bringing it up.

Remember that we've had an Officer shot, one Officer killed AND AN OFFICER'S CHILD MURDERED in the past 2 months. We can't say if it is gang related, but I'd rather be safe right about now.

#18 Sprightly

Sprightly

Relaxing in Bimini

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54,543 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:55 AM

Sprite,

I don't think Big D is trying to stir up rumors here. She saw a safety issue and she's bringing it up.

Remember that we've had an Officer shot, one Officer killed AND AN OFFICER'S CHILD MURDERED in the past 2 months. We can't say if it is gang related, but I'd rather be safe right about now.

In no way, shape or form do I think she was trying to stir up rumors, Lawman. I've received that E-mails many times in the past.

I was giving her support actually.
To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#19 SailorJohn

SailorJohn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:07 AM

Hmmm....I stil haven't received my millions from Bill Gates either?

I sent the money Bill gave me to the lawyer in Nigeria so I could get some more ... I thought it was a good investment .. after all .. those crooked gubmints over there should not be able to keep my relatives hard earned money .. we need to sneak it out.
When all else fails, stick your head in the sand.

#20 Diego

Diego

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,594 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:13 AM

...I just shoot at anybody I see with their headlights off

...If it's true, they leave me alone

...If it's false, they sure get the message that something is up and turn on their lights to flee
The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity.
-- Palestine Liberation Organization executive committee member Zahir Muhsein

Kol Havakod le Zahal

באין תחבולות יפול עם, ותשועה ברוב יועץ

The regime occupying Tehran must disappear from the page of time!

Me a racist

..No kidding