Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johman

Sonic burger joints

77 posts in this topic

For some reason, I believe there is only one Sonic Drive-in fast food burger restaurant in Maryland.

Anyone know why that is?

Great food.

What's the story? :confused:

There's a Sonic in Maryland?

Where???

There are no Sonic drive-in restaurants in Maryland.

http://www.sonicdrivein.com/locator/search.do

I stand corrected. I thought I saw one in Belair. Must have been thinking of the that other place with the old serve to the car style of delivery.

Be that as it may... why are they not here? Had lunch today in the one on Lincoln Highway in Lancaster. Been in them in Virginia, Louisiana and other places... and yes I've seen the ads too. But not to be found here.

Still wondering why.

Also.....

What the hell happened with the krispy kreame franchises? Can't find them anymore either!

Are the Maryland fat police on the loose? :(

Now, those we got (Krispy Kreme, that is)

I frequent the one in Columbia every chance I get :)

Krispy Kreme closed all/most of their Maryland retail locations about 2 years go.

It was in all the papers.

Now, those we got (Krispy Kreme, that is)

I frequent the one in Columbia every chance I get :)

They closed the one on Belair Road in Fullerton several years ago. The place was always packed as far as I know. Now everywhere you look there is a Dunkin Donuts with an all Southwestern Asia staff.

Don't get me wrong, I like them both... but I miss my Krispy Kreames and the ones sold at 7 eleven, Royal Farms and Giant don't seem nearly as fresh to me.

Krispy Kreme's retrenchment stems from the fact that they weren't just cooking donuts, they were cooking the books, too.

I saw that Sonic in Lancaster last month, next to Dutch Wonderland. There used to be a Denny's (originally a Sambo's) on that site.

I'd love to have In-n-Out here (but no way would I give up Chick-Fil-A), but the chance of that is slim and none. From what I understand, they are a family-owned business with no franchisees (all company-owned stores) and have no desire to expand beyond their current market, California, Nevada and Arizona.

Checkers for Carl's Jr. is a wash IMHO, besides there are Hardees (owned by Carl's Jr.) in Pennsylvania.

Jack In The Box pulled out of the east coast back in the early 90's. They are now strictly a west coast chain.

Krispy Kreme closed all/most of their Maryland retail locations about 2 years go.

It was in all the papers.

They closed the one on Belair Road in Fullerton several years ago. The place was always packed as far as I know. Now everywhere you look there is a Dunkin Donuts with an all Southwestern Asia staff.

Don't get me wrong, I like them both... but I miss my Krispy Kreames and the ones sold at 7 eleven, Royal Farms and Giant don't seem nearly as fresh to me.

I must have missed that? Maybe I was in Iraq at the time...

Dang, if the one in Columbia closes, I'll be thru with this State for sure!

I stand corrected. I thought I saw one in Belair. Must have been thinking of the that other place with the old serve to the car style of delivery.

Be that as it may... why are they not here? Had lunch today in the one on Lincoln Highway in Lancaster. Been in them in Virginia, Louisiana and other places... and yes I've seen the ads too. But not to be found here.

Still wondering why.

Also.....

What the hell happened with the krispy kreame franchises? Can't find them anymore either!

Are the Maryland fat police on the loose? :(

No sonic in Bel Air. You may have seen the Big M in Churchville. Which is now closed. Bought by some speculators that claimed they were going to keep it running. That didn't last long.

The big M good be mistaken as a Sonic but true, its no longer there and last I looked they sold used golf carts at that site.

But I loved Sonic back in the day when we lived on the Gulf Coast.

That Chillis cheese bugrer they had was all that and a bag of chips.

If there was a Sonic 150 feet from my front door it wouldn't be worth the walk.

Even if it were free.

Wow!

Hardly what one might view as a supportive endorsement.

I feel the same way about McDonald's. But to each his/her own.

No sonic in Bel Air. You may have seen the Big M in Churchville. Which is now closed. Bought by some speculators that claimed they were going to keep it running. That didn't last long.

That's too bad. I was thinking of the Big M as a very similar type operation.

Guess I'm partly to blame as I had not been there in many years.