Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

Does Bill O'Reilly have anger-management issues?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 regularguy

regularguy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,339 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:58 PM

Do you think just maybe?

Watch this clip. :eek:

(Nice hair too!)

#2 banner1124

banner1124

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,612 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:06 PM

I'm sure he's not the only one. I could care less that Bill O got pissed off.
*****HAIL TO THE REDSKINS*****

#3 Kevin

Kevin

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 50,395 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:09 PM

why do pundits even exist? Who needs 'em?

#4 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,550 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:46 PM

why do pundits even exist? Who needs 'em?

Because, without them how would we know what to think? :D
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#5 Sprightly

Sprightly

Relaxing in Bimini

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,734 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:48 PM

Do you think just maybe?

Watch this clip. :eek:

(Nice hair too!)

That's all it takes for you to think a person has an "anger management problem?" Okie dokie . . .
To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#6 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,099 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:49 PM

Because, without them how would we know what to think? :D

How would the tv media fill all those hours of airtime with out them? There are only so many infomercials, lol.
There once was a girl with a curl in the middle of her forehead. When she was good, she was very good; but when she was bad, she was horrid!

#7 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,550 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:50 PM

After watching the video, I didn't think it was as bad as it was made out to be. Yeah, he got pissed. But I've seen tons of You-tube clips about angry anchors and reporters off the camera. Katie Couric is said to be one really foul-mouthed person who denigrates her co-workers when the camera's aren't rolling. It probably goes with the territory and pressure of performing in front of a camera.
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#8 BSCSMD

BSCSMD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,824 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:59 PM

I don't see the big deal. Someone who takes their profession seriously and is a perfectionist, and they get mad when something is screwing up their efforts?

Not a big deal...

Please, go find something else with which to bash Fox News Channel, Conservatives or the "vast Right Wing Conspiracy".

This is OLD news and has NOTHING to so with anything!

What? Is it a slow day over at Moon Bat Central or something?

:rolleyes:

#9 jessup270

jessup270

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,919 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:03 PM

That's all it takes for you to think a person has an "anger management problem?" Okie dokie . . .

You don't think this outburst was unacceptable in a professional setting. I can tell you that in my career such an outburst against other employees would have been treated in a very serious way by management.

#10 Sprightly

Sprightly

Relaxing in Bimini

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,734 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:12 PM

You don't think this outburst was unacceptable in a professional setting. I can tell you that in my career such an outburst against other employees would have been treated in a very serious way by management.

Accepted? No, it's not acceptable to speak to another person like that in a business environment. Then again, the "entertainment" community has its own rules doesn't it?

Anger management issues? I'll need to see better than that clip to come to that conclusion.
To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#11 CountessMeout

CountessMeout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,278 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:14 PM

Its an old tape but, yes, he does. He did and he does.
CountessMeout

#12 Red Baron

Red Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,953 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:15 PM

:D

Yup. Totally unprofessional.

This ranks right up there with Casey Kasem's "dead dog" rant.

Someone who takes their profession seriously and is a perfectionist, and they get mad when something is screwing up their efforts?

"Seriously" and "perfectionist" are not two words that apply to Bill O'Reilly. Come on, this was "Inside Edition", not "60 Minutes"!

Katie Couric is said to be one really foul-mouthed person who denigrates her co-workers when the camera's aren't rolling.

And some say she's a darling. So... what does that prove?

This is OLD news and has NOTHING to so with anything!

What? Is it a slow day over at Moon Bat Central or something?

Well, the folks at Right Wingnut Central had no problem dragging out a years old video of Obama's preacher, geez, his preacher, not him, doing a rant. So que cera, cera.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Did any of these groups protest against Big Government when it was illegally tapping our phones and denying habeas corpus rights... What we confront, in the anti-reform mobs, are people who approve of coercion and lawlessness, including when it is used by a strong leader... This mimics several of the characteristics Hannah Arendt discovered in the mobs tht brought totalitarianism to the modern world. -- Paul Grenier

#13 Jack Dublin

Jack Dublin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,913 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:16 PM

Anyone who gives a second's thought about Bill O'Reilly, especially concerning his "anger" problem, probably has way too much time on his hand. Want to get O'Reilly out of your life? Ignore him. He goes away rather easily.
"You cannot have a strong middle class without a strong labor movement."

President Barack Obama

#14 BSCSMD

BSCSMD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,824 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:34 PM

Well, the folks at Right Wingnut Central had no problem dragging out a years old video of Obama's preacher, geez, his preacher, not him, doing a rant. So que cera, cera.

Okay, once again we have to explain this to the members of Moon Bat Central:

Most of what you see on television is MAKE BELIEVE, also known as ENTERTAINMENT. It is NOT REAL. The same goes for Talk Radio.

People like O'Reilly, Hannity, and Rush are not running for any elected office in the United States. What they say really doesn't matter. If you don't like what they have to say, turn the channel or write the FCC.

Now people like Barack Obama are REAL. HE IS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT. What he says matters! Things that have ANYTHING to do with his CHARACTER matters, and this includes HIS BOMBASTIC FORMER PREACHER WHO HE SAT AND LISTENED TO FOR 20 YEARS, WHO MARRIED HIM AND HIS WIFE, AND BAPTIZED HIS CHILDREN.

You simply cannot compare what is said and done by talk show hosts, commentators, pundits, analysts, and entertainers to what is said and done by PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES and those people close to them.

Do you see the difference?

Good!

Glad I could be of assistance!

:)

(The Red Baron goes down in flames! :D )

#15 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,099 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:36 PM

Okay, once again we have to explain this to the members of Moon Bat Central:

Most of what you see on television is MAKE BELIEVE, also known as ENTERTAINMENT. It is NOT REAL. The same goes for Talk Radio.

People like O'Reilly, Hannity, and Rush are not running for any elected office in the United States. What they sat really doesn't matter. If you don't like what they have to say, turn the channel or write the FCC.

Now people like Barack Obama are REAL. HE IS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT. What he says matters! Things that have ANYTHING to do with his CHARACTER matters, and this includes HIS BOMBASTIC FORMER PREACHER WHO HE SAT AND LISTENED TO FOR 20 YEARS, WHO MARRIED HIM AND HIS WIFE, AND BAPTIZED HIS CHILDREN.

You simply cannot compare what is said and done by talk show hosts, commentators, pundits, analysts, and entertainers to what is said and done by PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES and those people close to them.

Do you see the difference?

Good!

Glad I could be of assistance!

:)

(The Red Baron goes down in flames! :D )

Ooohhh, you're just so bad! :rolleyes:
There once was a girl with a curl in the middle of her forehead. When she was good, she was very good; but when she was bad, she was horrid!

#16 Ingus

Ingus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:36 PM

He would fit right in on my construction site.

#17 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,749 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:41 PM

Soulja Bill... :D
"As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality."
~George Washington

Has Obama Taken Away Your Guns Yet?

#18 BSCSMD

BSCSMD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,824 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:54 PM

Ooohhh, you're just so bad! :rolleyes:

You know that's the way you like it! ;)

#19 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,099 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:55 PM

You know that's the way you like it! ;)

That's crass, but not surprising.

#20 FatBoy

FatBoy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,693 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:02 PM

Poor BillO. I bet he wishes he still had all that hair.:D
If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar