Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shutout

High School Boys Soccer

1,161 posts in this topic

I heard a rumor today that Jake Pace has committed to the University of Maryland for the 09-10 season. Does anyone know if this is true?

Yes, it's true. Jake Pace verbally committed to UMD for 2009. He will sign his National Letter of Intent during the official signing period.

Regardless if this is true or not, he still has to maintain his academics. Look at the kid from Mt. Hebron who graduated in '07, Napolitano. He was equivalent with Pace, yet went to a small state school because he achieved only borderline passing grades.

Jake Pace has a very high GPA and is in the National Honor Society at River Hill. Maintaining his academics should not be a problem.

Congratulations to Jake. I just wanted to know if what I heard was true. Great news and best of luck to him this season and in college.

Regardless if this is true or not, he still has to maintain his academics. Look at the kid from Mt. Hebron who graduated in '07, Napolitano. He was equivalent with Pace, yet went to a small state school because he achieved only borderline passing grades.

Kids choose colleges for many different reasons. Some players who could play Division 1 choose not to go that route and the reasons are varied. From what I hear, Napolitano is very happy with his choice of Salisbury, had an outstanding season in soccer (started and made 1st team all-conference), and is doing well academically. Sounds like a great situation to me.

They're 2A. 'Nuff said.

so i guess your beloved severna park would beat dunbar great logic moron

so i guess your beloved severna park would beat dunbar great logic moron

Put down the crack-pipe, Vega, and get a new car. That would be Old Mill.

anyone know anything about baltimore county?

Scott Manning out ... Jerry Tana in .... yes.

Scott had so many talented players jumping ship or refusing to try out all together last year that ML had to make the change. I like Scott but he needs to be working in the collegiate and/or pro levels ... a bit 'heavy" @ times if you know what I mean .... had the same problem at some other schools ... lions lose alot of nice players too ..IMO

River Hill and Bel Air play early next year. Could be a great match. However, they lost the tournament to curley and mcdonough due to scheduling conflicts.

remember, bel airs great year they had was put together with 14 seniors on the team. They have now graduated so just a warning right now that bel air most likely wont do what they did last year.

usually the teams who participate are bel air, cmw, john carroll, and aberdeen

I've heard JC is not participating this year, but Harford Tech and patersonMill are.

remember, bel airs great year they had was put together with 14 seniors on the team. They have now graduated so just a warning right now that bel air most likely wont do what they did last year.

sweet so im guessing you were on the bel air team last year? if so im just wondering why your putting down your own team... almost as if you dont want them to have a chance at repeating last year...?

I dont think hes trying to put down Bel Air. He's just saying that another run to the state championship game is highly unlikely when you lose 14 seniors. It would be hard for any team to lose 14 key players and do just as well the next year

Actually, it would surprise me if they made another run next year and i would support them. What i said was going along with personal knowledge of each player left on the team and the word of other people telling me who will be trying out next year. I wish the team luck and i will be at games.

Summer 7v7 starts up soon at Liberty. Anyone going? I see Liberty, Marriotts Ridge, Mt Hebron have teams. Some other Carroll County teams and a few MoCo teams maybe.

There's also Century, Liberty, South Carroll and such.

Saw Liberty/Mt hebron the other night. Summer league is a good time

Saw Liberty/Mt hebron the other night. Summer league is a good time

Yeah, it's all in good fun, can't wait for the regular season. Mix and match the boys and let them have at it :P

Big thanks to the Liberty HS coaches for organizing the league!

Was looking at the keeper talk a while back, is Queen Anne's goalie a senior this year or did he graduate?

Was looking at the keeper talk a while back, is Queen Anne's goalie a senior this year or did he graduate?

He is a senior this coming year.