Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shutout

High School Boys Soccer

1,161 posts in this topic

Does Mt. Hebron have any shot at counties or even states this year? From what I hear they do not have that much talent on the team this year.

Does River Hill have the talent to repeat? I know they have some key players returning.

i dont see them being a potential threat to the already top teams in the league

We did beat River Hill 3-1 in the season last year so i wouldnt count us out too much

There is not much talk on this forum. Soccer season is approaching let's get down to talking.

I say Bel Air repeats another suprising season, however, maybe not as far as to the State Finals.

Fallston and CMW also have a strong returning team.

Patterson Mill is young and half of the team I heard was cut from the Bel Air JV Squad freshman year. Tough season for them.

Tech will be Tech.

NH and Aberdeen may suprise, but aren't much of a threat when it comes down to it.

Opinions on these teams? Let's get to some talking!

There is not much talk on this forum. Soccer season is approaching let's get down to talking.

I say Bel Air repeats another suprising season, however, maybe not as far as to the State Finals.

Fallston and CMW also have a strong returning team.

Patterson Mill is young and half of the team I heard was cut from the Bel Air JV Squad freshman year. Tough season for them.

Tech will be Tech.

NH and Aberdeen may suprise, but aren't much of a threat when it comes down to it.

Opinions on these teams? Let's get to some talking!

It seems like Fallston has a solid team year in and year out, going a long way back. What feeder system is in place in terms of their rec and travel programs?

Once again

Bel Air wont be a surprise story again

North Harford and Aberdeen will

Remember, Aberdeen had top seed in their playoff bracket

I am leaning toward CMW coming out on top in HarCo. My question is how do they look at GK?

Aberdeen wont suprise. They dont look impressive in preseason and i dont remember too much talent from last years team. North harford will have some talent but no more then they did in the past years so i dont see them having anymore of an impact on the league. And bel air will suprise. they have alot of young talent and some reuturners that made an impact on the state championship runner up squad

Once again

Bel Air wont be a surprise story again

North Harford and Aberdeen will

Remember, Aberdeen had top seed in their playoff bracket

aberdeen got top seed by a coin flip

and you cannot say bel air won't suprise when the only reason you have is that they lost a bunch of seniors.

and i agree with kb, bel air does have a few key returnees from last year, along with some strong players that grew threw the system

not going to share my thoughts over this board so if you really want to know why i feel bel air wont be a surprise or what they were last year, just PM me

It seems like Fallston has a solid team year in and year out, going a long way back. What feeder system is in place in terms of their rec and travel programs?

Fallston rec is the feeder most kids come from. Might have a couple from Forest Hill rec or Bel Air rec. May get a couple of kids who play for the Bays. Most of the Harford county boys who play for the Bays and other club teams go to MIAA schools.

Fallston rec has above average travel teams. They won't beat the club teams, but do well against rec travel programs.

Kids i have played with have played on teams such as AFC or Bel Air or even Harford Kicks. Not many played rec

Kids i have played with have played on teams such as AFC or Bel Air or even Harford Kicks. Not many played rec

IMO and from my experience not many rec players are making their high school team in this day and age. And of those that do very few are impact players

Reason being that their is NO talent whatsoever in these rec leagues. Many of the coaches are dads that just want their son to play a sport and it happens they coach a game they dont know how to play or very little.

Reason being that their is NO talent whatsoever in these rec leagues. Many of the coaches are dads that just want their son to play a sport and it happens they coach a game they dont know how to play or very little.

I agree. Once in a great while you find a solid player or someone with potential. I know a kid that just could not afford the money, travel, time associated with club ball so he played rec. He is talented and has become a solid high school player. But he is rare.

Harford County looks like this:

Aberdeen will be very talented and very young with some solid seniors. If their coach can keep everyone playing to their potential, thye could easily be #1 in HARCO this year

Bel Air did lose lots but, they also have alot of juniors that started all last season due to injury and were every bit the reason they won last year as the seniors were. Anything can happen here.

CMW has the best chance to win it this year IMOP, they are young but very talented with exceptional speed. GK could be an issue here?

Fallston did graduate a good number of key players but, they will reload as usual and be very tough for anyone to beat.

North Harford was young last year and could surprise some teams this year if they take them lightly. They will play physical and aggressive.

Patterson Mill will be competitive this year and will definitely do well in the playoffs. They are getting a great Freshman class in this year, sorry Bel Air.

The game Bel Air has against River Hill to start the season should let everyone know where they will be this year.

I completely agree with every thing said by soccer fan....

except for the statements about aberdeen and patterson mill. Aberdeen has little talent to really compete and patterson mill is extremely young

Harford County looks like this:

Aberdeen will be very talented and very young with some solid seniors. If their coach can keep everyone playing to their potential, thye could easily be #1 in HARCO this year

Bel Air did lose lots but, they also have alot of juniors that started all last season due to injury and were every bit the reason they won last year as the seniors were. Anything can happen here.

CMW has the best chance to win it this year IMOP, they are young but very talented with exceptional speed. GK could be an issue here?

Fallston did graduate a good number of key players but, they will reload as usual and be very tough for anyone to beat.

North Harford was young last year and could surprise some teams this year if they take them lightly. They will play physical and aggressive.

Patterson Mill will be competitive this year and will definitely do well in the playoffs. They are getting a great Freshman class in this year, sorry Bel Air.

The game Bel Air has against River Hill to start the season should let everyone know where they will be this year.

i also agree, except i dont see patterson mill doing well at all this season, half the team is made up of kids who were cut from bel airs jv team their freshman year, and they are still very young

Fall..either way with cmw

CMW

NH..young, but solid

BA...needs to find leadership

and PM may be young, but they have a very technically sound coach that will make them rise to their potential

Once again even though patterson mill has the potential to be a threat, I still think they have a few years for their talent to develop.

What people do not realize is that even though Bel air lost 14 seniors from last years squad, many of them missed a majority of the season due to injury and in some cases lost playing time to juiniors

They will also be returning 12, count them 12 Seniors. If you think they will not suprise again because they lost a large senior class, then you are wrong.

Once again even though patterson mill has the potential to be a threat, I still think they have a few years for their talent to develop.

What people do not realize is that even though Bel air lost 14 seniors from last years squad, many of them missed a majority of the season due to injury and in some cases lost playing time to juiniors

They will also be returning 12, count them 12 Seniors. If you think they will not suprise again because they lost a large senior class, then you are wrong.

finally someone who sees bel air as i do

Good points made. Fallston did lose 4 or 5 key players, but had a big (if I remember) Junior class last year....but do they have a keeper? Last years goalie was a field player who just volunteered to play.

North Harford & Aberdeen could surprise. With BRAC who knows what players will end up at Aberdeen.

I heard from a parent that Patterson Mill only had 2 or 3 players that got cut from BA JV..but it was from a parent. But with no seniors, it will be tough going.

Bel Air will be solid. Do they have a good keeper this year? Or C Milton?

It will be a very balanced county this year I suspect.

Good points. How many impact players did they lose? How does CMW look at GK? Good goalkeeping is huge but even more so on a young team.