Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HCSoftballMom

Fastpitch Softball 2008

14,821 posts in this topic

Did anyone finish their tournaments today? Ours was called at about 1 PM and apparently was changed from a double elimination to a single elimination. There was a game left to finish and then the two undefeated teams will meet later in the week (hopefully) to determine 1 and 2.

Time to start a new fastpitch thread.

What's the Memorial Day Madness tournament bracketing look like next weekend??

I'd like to give some kudos to The Md. Stars organization for their effort and persiverence in attempting to bring this weekend's Pony Tournament to a conclusion. They brought out the "heavy" equipment to maintain and prepare the soggy fields to play. They even employed a huge industrial roller(a first for me) to compact the fields. Thanks to Glen Warholic and the rest of the org. for their efforts and keep the faith people, sustained sunshine is coming.......

I'd like to give some kudos to The Md. Stars organization for their effort and persiverence in attempting to bring this weekend's Pony Tournament to a conclusion. They brought out the "heavy" equipment to maintain and prepare the soggy fields to play. They even employed a huge industrial roller(a first for me) to compact the fields. Thanks to Glen Warholic and the rest of the org. for their efforts and keep the faith people, sustained sunshine is coming.......

Surf,

I want to add my thanks to the Stars for all of their hard work this weekend. Did you get to finish yesterday? I left after it started raining the first time

Surf, did the Stars tournament finish? I was amazed that it was clear and sunny by 6 or so. We had hail here about 5:30. I can't imagine playing in hail.

Surf must still be knocking the mud off his cleats.

I don't believe I've ever seen Surf with cleats. Have I not been paying attention?

Everything I own is muddy! lol

I had lots of friends when the rains came down. Now I have mud in the trunk of my car that came with the canopy.

My big red bus stays dirty for 10-11 months a year. I clean it out in August whether it needs it or not

heavy -- we never got on the field yesterday.

That stinks. At some point we'll have a dry weekend, I hope.

Oh my....we won't see Tennessee or Washington at the World Series?!?! Sucks that DePaul had to get stuck in the same group with Northwestern...

What stinks is that Comcast doesn't carry ESPNU or ESPN360.

What stinks is that Comcast doesn't carry ESPNU or ESPN360.

Sounds like a good excuse to head to the bar!

Sounds like a good excuse to head to the bar!

If I must . . . The sacrifices we make for the love of this game!

Local AA Co select team looking for experienced 12u players.

All positions considered....

Looking to form a new team and hopefully get some local tournament play in before seasons end.

:)

I wonder why they are looking to form a new team :confused:

And it appears to have been posted by someone who was seeking players for the Lady O's in the past. Looks like there are 16 on the roster right now. That's a HUGE team.

Local AA Co select team looking for experienced 12u players.

All positions considered....

Looking to form a new team and hopefully get some local tournament play in before seasons end.

:)

I wonder why they are looking to form a new team :confused:

Hmmm, very interesting.

Hmmm, very interesting.

problem with the coaching staff is what i heard if it is the same team. Coaches getting thrown out of every game? 6to 7 girls left.

problem with the coaching staff is what i heard if it is the same team. Coaches getting thrown out of every game? 6to 7 girls left.

Guys .. Help me! Please!

The Lady O's team is still intact. Thank you for your concern.

That's good to hear. How are they doing?