Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HCSoftballMom

Fastpitch Softball 2008

14,821 posts in this topic

That's good to hear. How are they doing?

Thanks and we are doing great. We played this past weekend in OC and are in VA this weekend. We have 10 and actually could use one more to fill our roster, great opportunity for a kid who loves the game and wants to excel in the sport.

Thanks and we are doing great. We played this past weekend in OC and are in VA this weekend. We have 10 and actually could use one more to fill our roster, great opportunity for a kid who loves the game and wants to excel in the sport.

I believe I saw 16 on the active roster. What happened to the other 6?

I believe I saw 16 on the active roster. What happened to the other 6?

We presently have 10 kids who are practicing hard and ready to play each weekend. Our focus is on them. We have had some bumps in the road as we are a new team with the majority of players and family’s from rec ball. Our coaches are also new to this level of play and we are all learning and growing together. We are now stronger, more committed to each other, having more fun than ever and extremely excited about our future. We could use one player so if anyone knows of a kid looking for a team PM me and we will get together. As I said we play this weekend in VA we will also be practicing this Friday please feel free to come out and see our team play.

:confused: Why would a player or their parent contact a "Team Parent" for a tryout. Shouldn't they contact the coach ??? :P

The contact names on the USSSA1 site (Dave and Paul) aren't the same as the coaches names on the ETeamz site (Bob, Larry and Joe). What gives?

Don't worry your little heads. I do know that it would make you happy if the team would fold

What about this ad links it to any particular former or present team ?

What about this ad links it to any particular former or present team ?

The person who posted it also posted information about the U12 Lady Orioles a while back.

Local AA Co select team looking for experienced 12u players.

All positions considered....

Looking to form a new team and hopefully get some local tournament play in before seasons end.

:)

I wonder why they are looking to form a new team :confused:

The person who posted it also posted information about the U12 Lady Orioles a while back.

Ahhh, thank you

Are Mo, Larry and Curly still at the helm ??? :rolleyes:

And gee whiz, I thought you were Mr. Curly...or is it Mr. Curley?

You have a run down between 3rd and home. The catcher is in the base path and is called for interference. Ump says it's because there was no play. I'm guessing that's because the catcher didn't have the ball at that time. Is this why?

New-B, Looks like the Shamrocks have 6-players in this years College World Series !!!

BC Fan, did I miss anyone...

Florida - Ali Gardiner

Arizona State - Megan Elliott

Alabama - Dani Woods

Virginia Tech - Angela Tincher, Jessica Everhart, Alicia Field

from Spysoftball.com: http://www.spysoftball.com/sunday_may_25_update.htm

A VERY COMPETITIVE SERIES

Florida vs Louisiana-Lafayette anticipate Nelson vs Brignac

Virginia Tech vs Texas A&M anticipate Tincher vs Gibson

Alabama vs Arizona State anticipate Dunne vs Burkhart

Arizona vs UCLA anticipate Mowatt vs Selden

The mound corps include some of the best pitchers in college ball:

Virginia Tech has Angela Tincher, the strikeout leader and one of three nominees for Player of the Year who took two games from Michigan; threw a no-hitter against the USA Olympic team; perhaps the lightest hitting team, the Hokies are a true Cinderella squad who, as their coach says, gets the hits when they are needed; just ask Michigan and Tennessee.

Arizona State has its own strikeout artist in Katie Burkhart, and a capable backup in Megan Elliott; the Sun Devils are one of the most powerful teams in the tournament; like Florida and Alabama, ASU was at the top of national rankings for a period;

Florida will go first to Stacey Nelson, who helped vault the Gators to the top of national and NCAA standings, and has a capable backup in Stephanie Brombacher; the Gators also lead the RPI parade, and have depth in their lineup;

Alabama has a hard-hitting Charlotte Morgan, another super freshman in Kelsi Dunne, a capable backup in Crissy Owens, and heavy power 1-8 in its lineup;

Arizona rises and falls with Taryne Mowatt (but if they didn’t have this fierce competitor, the Wildcats would have to invent her); Mowatt was MVP last year when the Wildcats won; this team is a role model for the slap and run game but can go yard;

Louisiana-Lafayette has two well-regarded freshman hurlers, Ashley Brignac and Donna Bourgeois; Holly Tankersley can jack homers off any pitcher in the Series;

Texas A&M will ride the stellar pitching arm and strong bat of Megan Gibson; the team behind her plays solid defense and will hit and run against all opponents;

UCLA has a much rejuvenated Anjelica Selden and a very capable backup in Megan Langenfeld who is one of several hitters who can go deep; the Bruins also excel at small ball.

Florida, UCLA, Texas A&M, Virginia Tech, ULL, Alabama and Arizona State are among NCAA’s Top 25 for Team ERA.

The Series should see some deep shots: Holly Tankersley, ULL; Laine Roth and Stacey Chambers; Kristen Miller, Arizona State; Charlotte Morgan, Alabama are ranked by NCAA in the Top 25 list for home runs. Arizona State, Alabama, ULL, UCLA, Florida, Arizona and Texas A&M are in NCAA’s Top 27 for team batting average.

Alabama leads the nation in stolen base percentage. Virginia Tech is the only other WCWS entrant among the top 25 in this category.

As sure as God made little green apples, the Pac 10 conference will flood the WCWS press box with scads of information, all the while noting that three of its teams are in the Series. SEC has two; the Big 12 has one; the Sun Belt one; the ACC one.

ESPN and ESPN2 coverage of the CWS...

Thurs., May 29 Women's College World Series

Game #1 -- 1 p.m. - ESPN

Game #2 -- 3 p.m. - ESPN

Game #3 -- 7 p.m. - ESPN

Game #4 -- 9 p.m. - ESPN

Fri., May 30 Women's College World Series

Game #5 -- 7 p.m. - ESPN2

Game #6 -- 9 p.m. - ESPN2

Sat., May 31 Women's College World Series

Game #7 -- Noon -- ESPN

Game #8 -- 2 p.m. - ESPN

Game #9 -- 7 p.m. - ESPN

Game #10 - 9 p.m. - ESPN

Sun., June 1 Women's College World Series

Game #11 -- 1 p.m. - ESPN

Game #12 -- 3 p.m. - ESPN

Game #13 -- (if nec.) 7 p.m. - ESPN2

Game #14 -- (if nec.) 9 p.m. - ESPN2

Mon., June 2 Women's College World Series

Championship series game #1 -- 8 p.m. - ESPN2

Tues., June 3 Women's College World Series

Championship series game #2 -- 8 p.m. - ESPN2

Wed., June 4 Women's College World Series

Championship series game #3 -- (if nec.) 8 p.m. - ESPN2

You have a run down between 3rd and home. The catcher is in the base path and is called for interference. Ump says it's because there was no play. I'm guessing that's because the catcher didn't have the ball at that time. Is this why?

Yes, Fielder cannot block base path without ball.

Many times especially at home plate this becomes a judgment call by the umpire as to whether the ball or the runner got there first. Catcher should set up 1-2 feet in front of home plate and hope ball arrives before runner if not she has obstructed and runner is awarded home.

USSSA rule:

When a runner is obstructed while advancing or returning to a base, by a fielder who

neither has the ball nor is attempting an initial play on a batted ball, the umpire shall

award the obstructed runner, and each other runner affected by the obstruction, the

bases they would have reached, in the umpire’s judgment, had there been no

obstruction.

If the catcher is called, it is obstruction. If that is the call, then that runner can't be called out between the two bases where the obstruction occurred. If in the umpires judgement, the player would have made home, then the runner is awarded home. If not, then the runner is awarded third.

New-B, it looks like the Maryland teams are doing well up in PA ... The 18-U's have the Top 5-Gold Bracket slots going into elimination taday !!!

http://www.pa-softball.com/

1- Severna Park (Miller)

2- Maryland Chill

3- Severna Park (Toal)

4- Heartbreakers

5- Maryland STARS

Championship results

1 Severna Park Gold

2 Maryland Stars

3 Severna Park Miller

4 Maryland Chill

Congrats to the Maryland Chill/O'Connor ... The 14-Under Gold Bracket Champions !!! :)

BC,

thanks for noticing. The girls played great

New-B, not that any of it is a "cake-walk" ... but that is a tough looking "bottom-half" of the bracket !!!

BC Fan, looking at it I would agree with you that the bottom-half might be a little tougher on paper, but the way VT has been playing lately I'm not sure I'd want them in my half of the bracket. They won the regional by beating #13 Tenn. then won the Super Regional by beating #4 Michigan.

Have you spent your $1,000 yet you loser? Will you cry again when the sunpaper comes out with its selections?

LOL!! Nope, but I'm pretty sure I'll laugh again next Sunday. You'd love to have the dollar amount you are off by. LOL But if it makes you feel good stick to your number. LOL

New-B, not that any of it is a "cake-walk" ... but that is a tough looking "bottom-half" of the bracket !!!

It's like they put all the "new kids" in the top bracket (though Texas A&M has been there before)

Isn't it all of this name calling that got this thread pulled before? I wish the best for the Lady O's. Go, Chill! Go, SP! Go, RB, Stars, Hurricanes, Storm, etc. Go fastpitch softball.