Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HCSoftballMom

Fastpitch Softball 2008

14,821 posts in this topic

It's like they put all the "new kids" in the top bracket (though Texas A&M has been there before)

Coach, the "new kids" were the teams that sprang the upsets. Had there been no upsets #1 Florida would have been facing #8 Houston while #5 Texas A&M would have been facing #4 Michigan. But I agree with you the bottom half has all the Pac-10 teams so no matter who was in the top half they would look like "new kids".

it looks like the Lady O's are trying to put together a second 12U team.

LADY ORIOLES 12U - BLACK

Established organization is officially expanding with a second 12u team.

Based in AACO, we currently have a core group of girls

and are looking to add a few more to our roster.

Plan to get some local tournament play in before seasons end.

For more information.... Please call

Dave at 410-360-3361 or Paul 410-636-4670.

Coach, the "new kids" were the teams that sprang the upsets. Had there been no upsets #1 Florida would have been facing #8 Houston while #5 Texas A&M would have been facing #4 Michigan. But I agree with you the bottom half has all the Pac-10 teams so no matter who was in the top half they would look like "new kids".

Any predictions, board?

I'll stick my neck out first: Arizona State. And how cool would it be for Megan to see an inning or 2, maybe face Dani in Game 3 - Go, Maryland softball!

Any predictions, board?

I'll stick my neck out first: Arizona State. And how cool would it be for Megan to see an inning or 2, maybe face Dani in Game 3 - Go, Maryland softball!

I'm pulling for VA Tech. Their team batting average is low, but after watching Sunday's games against Michigan, I think they just might be able to pull it off. If Tincher's on, their chances are right up there with the rest of them.

I'm pulling for VA Tech. Their team batting average is low, but after watching Sunday's games against Michigan, I think they just might be able to pull it off. If Tincher's on, their chances are right up there with the rest of them.

There is that ACC thing there, too. I agree that VA Tech could be right in it. If Tincher can no-hit the Olympians, there is no reason to set the Hokie sights low.

There is that ACC thing there, too. I agree that VA Tech could be right in it. If Tincher can no-hit the Olympians, there is no reason to set the Hokie sights low.

You gotta love watching Tincher pitch.

Any predictions, board?

I'm with Fly, I'm rooting for VT but I don't think their offense will be enough so I'll lean towards Arizona. The defending champs with Mowatt have been there before. http://www.spysoftball.com/world_series_bracket1.htm

That is one HELL of a line-up. It may be the best BD sees this summer.

How 'bout the 14's? Looks like a purple weekend LOL

I'm guessing the exception is if you're the hitter lol ... :)

True that

And she doesn't throw a screwball!

The girl for LA-Lafayette sure throws one. To the tune of 14 K's thru 6 innings

heavy, #1 goes down !!! Anyone verbal to FLA today ??? :rolleyes:

I just got off the phone. How did you know. Yes , it's true my daughter has verballed to Florida

They like her screwball.......or her screwball dad....one or the other

Ragin’ Cajuns shock #1 Florida Gators in game 1 of the CWS -- 3-2

As Kruk said, is she batting a thousand? I have to pitch to her in that spot albeit very carefully

How about the coach from Alabama walking the leadoff hitter intentionally in the 7th inning with no one on or out. What a goof. It's playing not to lose instead of playing to win. The girl behind her is a good hitter too. Suffice it to say, she scores. If she hit a home run, which is unlikely, the score is still only tied. She could hit a line drive or ground ball that is caught. Some people try to over manage. It's a shame because his pitcher was a bull dog out there and pitched one heck of a game.

It sure bit him good. I am sure he lost some sleep over that decision.

Surfishin, another coach and his bucket ??? lol. :(

From the USSSA Massage Board:

Last seen Sun, May 11 at Fairland (May Madness tourney), field #4 (where the 14Us played before the rains). Shorter (than normal) bucket, white with green lettering "MASA," black seat, with a set of weighted pitchers' balls inside.

Had to be a baseball team's bucket. Has pitcher's balls inside. Wouldn't want to play for that coach. lol

Had to be a baseball team's bucket. Has pitcher's balls inside. Wouldn't want to play for that coach. lol

Weighted ones, too. Must be some stud pitcher.

BC Fan, or should I say Captain Obvious. Why do you need to put all of these College World Series reprints on here. Everyone who looks at this site knows all about it and if they don't they can find it out pretty quickly. They don't need you to give them the daily news. I guess you feel important posting stuff.
I have to agree, it is rather annoying. I believe we can read this stuff elsewhere.

B)

I have to agree, it is rather annoying. I believe we can read this stuff elsewhere.

B)

BC Fan, or should I say Captain Obvious. Why do you need to put all of these College World Series reprints on here. Everyone who looks at this site knows all about it and if they don't they can find it out pretty quickly. They don't need you to give them the daily news. I guess you feel important posting stuff.

I like it. Keep up the good work BC.