Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ybnormal

18-Year-Old Girl Shot, Killed in Brooklyn

32 posts in this topic

I saw this on the news last night on Channel 2.

Not sure why Mom did not want to speak on camera but no matter, my heart goes out to her family.

I have a teenage daughter myself and I can't imagine something like this happening.

Another young life gone.

If I was the responsible parent of a black teen in the city, I'd have to relocate ASAP - I couldn't handle the anxiety. Sorry. What a horrible place to have to grow up.

If I was the responsible parent of a black teen in the city, I'd have to relocate ASAP - I couldn't handle the anxiety. Sorry. What a horrible place to have to grow up.

why not just be a responsible parent, and call it a day? race is of no consequence, here.

Her mom and apprently no one else at the moment knows how she got from her home near Mondawmin to Pontiac Avenue in Brooklyn where the murder happened.

SOMEBODY out there knows something but of course...they won't tell.

There are areas of Brooklyn Park that are as intimidating as any I've seen in this city.

Whether she was in the wrong place at the wrong time or a party to something nasty remains to be seen, but I can say that around here I've seen girls just as willing to be in the "game" as the boys. You wouldn't believe how young some of the girls that I see trying to play thug are here in the 21230.

why not just be a responsible parent, and call it a day? race is of no consequence, here.

I think ybnormal was just referring to fact that there is so much black on black violence in the city.

However, this girl wasn't in a black neighborhood persay and not even her own neighborhood. That neighborhood back there around 8th and Pontiac is NOT the best but it is multiracial.

I know this because my husband and I delivered Thanksgiving baskets back in there last year and we met a lot of folks from every race.

Her mom and apprently no one else at the moment knows how she got from her home near Mondawmin to Pontiac Avenue in Brooklyn where the murder happened.

SOMEBODY out there knows something but of course...they won't tell.

Chances are she was there to see a boy

Baltimore's 74th homicide victim. It happened Saturday night but found nothing on here about it. From ABC2 News:

When will it end, or is this just the beginning of a long deadly summer in the city and surrounding areas?

Just the beginning. Another one was committed in Hollins Market area on Saturday night too. Is that 73rd or 75th?

because certain posters feel they have to inject race into everything

Probably because not a lot white teens are being killed

There are areas of Brooklyn Park that are as intimidating as any I've seen in this city.

Whether she was in the wrong place at the wrong time or a party to something nasty remains to be seen, but I can say that around here I've seen girls just as willing to be in the "game" as the boys. You wouldn't believe how young some of the girls that I see trying to play thug are here in the 21230.

Not to be callous but that's a serious drug area. she was into something she had no business

Kind of like how you are always whining about GOPers?

There is no breed of human capable of whining longer or louder than Republicanus Americanus. Y'all have entire radio networks of non-stop "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" programming.

I don't know. You have 2,374 posts of the same thing going. Does that make you GOP material?

I don't know. You have 2,374 posts of the same thing going. Does that make you GOP material?

I see your lips moving, but all I hear is "waaaaaaaaaa"

There is no breed of human capable of whining longer or louder than Republicanus Americanus. Y'all have entire radio networks of non-stop "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" programming.

Didn't the Dems try the radio thing and FAILED?

They can't seem to get anything right...

Didn't the Dems try the radio thing and FAILED?

They can't seem to get anything right...

Not exactly, Al Franken is in the news lots lately. Seems he's a shyster. :D A democratic success story.

How about glen Burnie. Swing batter batter swing.

What a true loser you are.

What a true loser you are.

No more of a loser than those posters here on the flip-side of that outfield fence...and no one "pulls them up". B)

Are you referring to the boy in Towson who killed his mother?? Probably not but under the math known as proportionality, in the last 7 days, 50% of the "murders by bat" have been committed by a white male and 50% by a black male and based on the % of black males in Maryland, the black males have a higher murder rate by baseball bat.

I am sure you will dispute this but that will just once again show your lack of understanding of the concept of proportionality.