Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BALaxer

Harford County Football

1,368 posts in this topic

Season is only 2 1/2 months away! So how are things looking? I know there is a 7vs7 things going on right now and I know that both Bel Air and CMW got new head coaches. Should an interesting season for the two Bel Air schools. How is everyone else looking?

Hopefully will be interesting season. I imagine it will be J-Towne at the front of the pack, as usual.

Will be curious to see how BA and CMW do with the two new head coaches. I know I wasn't impressed with BA last year, they have had a couple down years. CMW should do ok with their numbers and athleticism but once again you never know with new coaches.

Where is the CMW coach from? I heard the BA coach is the old HDG Jv coach, any news about him?

Hopefully will be interesting season. I imagine it will be J-Towne at the front of the pack, as usual.

Will be curious to see how BA and CMW do with the two new head coaches. I know I wasn't impressed with BA last year, they have had a couple down years. CMW should do ok with their numbers and athleticism but once again you never know with new coaches.

Where is the CMW coach from? I heard the BA coach is the old HDG Jv coach, any news about him?

What happened to the HDG Varsity Coach? I know he was in the running for the JC job. My understanding is that he is a good coach.

What happened to the HDG Varsity Coach? I know he was in the running for the JC job. My understanding is that he is a good coach.

He is now the Head Coach @ Overlea HS.

He is now the Head Coach @ Overlea HS.

Not so fast my friend. I heard there is trouble at Overlea and the principal there has told Brooks she may not be able to get him into the school. If that is the case, look for Brooks to remain at Havre de Grace.

I did not hear that they might not have an opening for him but that makes sense. Coaches that have inquired aboiut the position at Havre De grace have been told that Mr. Brooks is not leaving and has not resigned hip position there as of yet.

This could pose a huge problem for Overlea. They never shouold have put themselves in this position

Why would Brooks want to leave HDG? 1A is definalty the division you want to be in and seems like a nice little place to coach

Why would Brooks want to leave HDG? 1A is definalty the division you want to be in and seems like a nice little place to coach

Brooks has wanted out of Havre de Grace for sometime. He does not feel the administration (specifically the AD) supports him and his efforts. In past years he has put in for openings at Harford Tech, John Carroll and now Overlea.

The Overlea situation is a real mess because the principal there was set to have a teacher administratively transfered to create the position that Brooks would fill. The teacher who was told he/she was being transfered took the county administration and the principal's decision was overturned. Now Overlea doesn't have a position for any potential football coach.

The situation gets worse for Brooks at Havre de Grace. I don't see the administration supporting him any more then they already have. In addition, he will have to coach players who know he applied to be the head coach at John Carroll and all but accepted the head job at Overlea.

I wouldn't be surprised if you see him take an assistants position somewhere close, possibly John Carroll, and Havre de Grace will promote Greg Long to head coach. It may not happen this year, but I see it happening in a year or two.

Rising Sun must have moved up to the Ches Division. Tough schedule and questions at QB could make this a long season

9-5 at North East

9-12 Bo Manor

9-19 at Perryville

9-26 at CM Wright

10-3 Elkton

10-10 at Edgewood

10-16 (Thurs) Bel Air

10-24 North Harford

10-31 Joppa

11-7 at Fallston

What list? But if your asking where JC fits into county rankings I would say in the 3-5 area. There good enough to beat the lower tier schools but not at the level to compete with the J-townes and N. Harfords. I will say it is a shame though, if they could pull it off and do what the girls lax, wrestling and basketball did they could be a power in the area but they cant get any of the "football playes" to come to the school. JC should be the best school in the county when it comes to sports hands down. But they cant get thd kids there in certain sports.

I dont think they should have let Aberdeen move down. and I Know of atleast 1 Aberdeen coach that agrees with me.

As for Joppatowne. They are returning alot of players. But thier main concern is going to be at QB.

Tucker can play QB but can he play in the system that Wiable likes to run.

Will Joppatowne return all 5 of thier starting sophmores from last season.

Who will be lost because of grades?

AS for JC they do have a nice group of Sophmores and I heard they are going to move one of the RB to QB this year. Mcmillin. IF J.C. could get KG on the football field he would be a huge asset to that team. The kid is a athlete.

What is scary is Joppatowne going to Rising sun on Holloween. That game should be realll interesting.

I think Tucker will do fine at QB. Again, the county is down and Wiable is willing to adjust his system to fit Tucker's strengths. J-town will probably run more sweeps with the backs, instead of the QB's this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see them pass on 1st or 2nd down after they get past their own 40. It may make them more difficult to prepare for.

McMillan moving to QB is a joke. He has good talent in the backfield and teamed with Reece (who I have heard is moving to fullback) gives their new Navy offense a 1 / 2 punch that would be to their benefit. I would look for the St. Clair kid to be their starting QB. He has just as much initial foot speed as McMillan and has a much better head on his shoulders to make quick decisions.

sammy von paris is a better qb in the navy then st clair and he is smarter then st clair. he is also surprisingly fast

CMW's new coach is from North Harford. The kids have been staying afterschool and you can tell that there has been a real change to the way football is approached at CMW. Don't know how that will translate, but it is way different from last spring.

I think Tucker will do fine at QB. Again, the county is down and Wiable is willing to adjust his system to fit Tucker's strengths. J-town will probably run more sweeps with the backs, instead of the QB's this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see them pass on 1st or 2nd down after they get past their own 40. It may make them more difficult to prepare for.

McMillan moving to QB is a joke. He has good talent in the backfield and teamed with Reece (who I have heard is moving to fullback) gives their new Navy offense a 1 / 2 punch that would be to their benefit. I would look for the St. Clair kid to be their starting QB. He has just as much initial foot speed as McMillan and has a much better head on his shoulders to make quick decisions.

If things work out I think Harper will be at QB at Jtowne.

Wibable is not going to adjust his play calling. He will fin a QB that can run his system. There is no doubt Tucker can throw the ball. But Wiable has been winning so long with the same system.

As for Mcmillan I heard that from a JC player.

CMW's new coach is from North Harford. The kids have been staying afterschool and you can tell that there has been a real change to the way football is approached at CMW. Don't know how that will translate, but it is way different from last spring.

Who is returning from last year's CMW squad?

[quote name=j

What is scary is Joppatowne going to Rising sun on Holloween. That game should be realll interesting.[/quote]

I don't think RS has ever beaten JT. Last go around, I think the score was 48-0 Mariners but at least the cheerleaders did get RS a first down.

CMW should do ok this year. They certainly have athletes at the school and if the attitude changes with a new coach, that is a key to having a successful season. I think they may surprise quite a few teams this year.

The one thing all of the county schools need to look at and unfortunately it hits Route 40 harder (no offense) is eligibility. We don't know how that will factor in yet.

How do you think BA, who also has a new coach, will do? Do they return much?

Going into the season Sam von Paris will be at the QB position with Reese and StClair in the backfield.

I don't think RS has ever beaten JT. Last go around, I think the score was 48-0 Mariners but at least the cheerleaders did get RS a first down.

95 RS won.