Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BALaxer

Harford County Football

1,368 posts in this topic

Zach Davis POY

Who is he, what school and what did he do last year.

O POY Hines from HDG, Ivory if he stays Healthy or Henly.

D Mcginnes Jtowne.

Who is he, what school and what did he do last year.

O POY Hines from HDG, Ivory if he stays Healthy or Henly.

D Mcginnes Jtowne.

ive followed(or covered u might say) both ivory and henly but haven't had a chance to see healthy. i know this may be a naive question and all being from ba what school and what position does he play,thanx also height and weight would b helpful thank you again

CMW should do ok this year. They certainly have athletes at the school and if the attitude changes with a new coach, that is a key to having a successful season. I think they may surprise quite a few teams this year.

The one thing all of the county schools need to look at and unfortunately it hits Route 40 harder (no offense) is eligibility. We don't know how that will factor in yet.

How do you think BA, who also has a new coach, will do? Do they return much?

CMW has some good talent but some kids are quitting because they don't like how hard the new coach is. That just says that some of the kids are not dedicated to football. They have a good QB if healthy and a good RB, but as a whole not as much talent as last years team.

ive followed(or covered u might say) both ivory and henly but haven't had a chance to see healthy. i know this may be a naive question and all being from ba what school and what position does he play,thanx also height and weight would b helpful thank you again

Dont understand your question or who it is about.

Ivory play for fallston. He used to play for Joppatowne.

Henely plays for Joppatowne. Last year he had around 1000 yards rushing in 9 games and he was a Sophmore.

Both of them play Running back. Ivory has bad ankles and Henely messed up his knee last year.

CMW has some good talent but some kids are quitting because they don't like how hard the new coach is. That just says that some of the kids are not dedicated to football. They have a good QB if healthy and a good RB, but as a whole not as much talent as last years team.

Who is the coach again??

That is a real shame when kids are quitting because a coach is hard. It is FOOTBALL!!! Like all sports, it takes dedication and passion to play a sport. You either step up and take the challenge or you quit like a little baby. If you are willing to quit, who knows what else in life you will quit when it gets hard and challenging. I just absolutely hate to see that mentality in kids.

Of course it will all be the coach's fault because he is a new coach. I hope of course when these kids come crying back later in the summer when workouts get easier, the coach teaches them a tough life lesson and says you aren't welcome. You quit on the team and me once, thus it will probably happen again.

You can tell how I feel about that type of situation.

Maybe that has been CMW problems over the last couple years. To many kids on the verge of quitting were still hanging around and a cancer in the locker room. Let them quit and play the kids that stuck around. It will be much better in the long run for that coach. It might take a coupel years but he will them have team full kids that are dedicated to play football.

CMW is to big of a school to not be able to field a good football team.

There is alot of good kids coming out of the rec teams over the next couple years. The players will be there.

Can summer workouts be mandatory? I know coaches can strongly encourage kids to come, but can they hold it against them or do they still have to let them try out?

It sounds like things may get worse at CMW before they get better. Of course 2-8 can't be much from the bottom.

Can summer workouts be mandatory? I know coaches can strongly encourage kids to come, but can they hold it against them or do they still have to let them try out?

It sounds like things may get worse at CMW before they get better. Of course 2-8 can't be much from the bottom.

Now this is a loaded question. can they be "mandatory"? Probably not. "can they hold it against them"? Absolutely. "do they still have to let them try out?" Yes but decisions might already be made.

Now this is a loaded question. can they be "mandatory"? Probably not. "can they hold it against them"? Absolutely. "do they still have to let them try out?" Yes but decisions might already be made.

Under NO circumstances can a "summer workout" be mandatory. In fact no coach can even be present for them unless these are part of "a league" Which requires some competitions. A fair and objective tryout is is required and can not start until after the second week in August. Now given that; Kid A who went to work out for the summer team, or wroked out in the open gym that was availible to any kid in the school, or played another summer sport will be far better off then kid B who sat around and did nothing all summer.

Dont understand your question or who it is about.

Ivory play for fallston. He used to play for Joppatowne.

Henely plays for Joppatowne. Last year he had around 1000 yards rushing in 9 games and he was a Sophmore.

Both of them play Running back. Ivory has bad ankles and Henely messed up his knee last year.

thanks j i think i misunderstood when u said you didn't have a chance 2 c healthy i mistook this as a player named healthy that i missed n i don't miss many anyway thanks

Maybe that has been CMW problems over the last couple years. To many kids on the verge of quitting were still hanging around and a cancer in the locker room. Let them quit and play the kids that stuck around. It will be much better in the long run for that coach. It might take a coupel years but he will them have team full kids that are dedicated to play football.

CMW is to big of a school to not be able to field a good football team.

There is alot of good kids coming out of the rec teams over the next couple years. The players will be there.

I totally agree with you! Let the dead wood who isn't committed enough and dedicated go. In time it will surely pay off. With the numbers that they have coming out for all of their sports team, there is plenty of talent to be competitive in all sports.

Under NO circumstances can a "summer workout" be mandatory. In fact no coach can even be present for them unless these are part of "a league" Which requires some competitions. A fair and objective tryout is is required and can not start until after the second week in August. Now given that; Kid A who went to work out for the summer team, or wroked out in the open gym that was availible to any kid in the school, or played another summer sport will be far better off then kid B who sat around and did nothing all summer.

But in reality, don't you think that these summer workout sessions are indeed "mandatory." If you go, and the coaches are present for the weightlifting and running, you will be much more likely to earn a spot as compared to those that don't go. I believe the coaches do indeed attend the lifting and running. Player A that attends gets on the good side of the coach, while player B who may not attend is somewhat of an outcast. I do think that occurs as that is human nature. I have seen that happen many times although they are "not mandatory."

But in reality, don't you think that these summer workout sessions are indeed "mandatory." If you go, and the coaches are present for the weightlifting and running, you will be much more likely to earn a spot as compared to those that don't go. I believe the coaches do indeed attend the lifting and running. Player A that attends gets on the good side of the coach, while player B who may not attend is somewhat of an outcast. I do think that occurs as that is human nature. I have seen that happen many times although they are "not mandatory."

But is also shows that player A has the dedication to become a football player and he wants to be a better player and be on a good team. I highly doubt that player will be causing problems durring madatory practices when he has showed up for vol. practices.

Let's just say highly encouraged. But a coach there has to be none evaluative and the facility has to be open to all students (open gym).

pmill dad- do you know how I can get the email address for Patterson's head coach? My son is home from college and he wanted to see if he might be able to help in anyway with the team.

who are the top players going to be from each team?

CMW- I'm gonna have to go with Ethan Miller he has a knack for finding the ball carrier

Fallston-Antonio Johnson, I have seen Antonio play only a few times but can say his instincts as a Safety are relentless. The kid can flat out play football and should be highly recruited this year.

Bel Air- Chris Oross, the kid is also a top linebacker in the UCBAC, he is one of the strongest kids I have ever seen. He should also be highly recruited.

Fallston-Antonio Johnson, I have seen Antonio play only a few times but can say his instincts as a Safety are relentless. The kid can flat out play football and should be highly recruited this year.

Johnson is good, Weinhold is better. He may be one of the best all around football players in the county. The move to QB will slow his numbers. He can carry the ball as an RB, has great hands as a slot receuver and plays OLB on defense. Fallston would be best to find another QB, put Ivory in the backfield and move Weinhold all around the field offensively. The kid just makes plays.