Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BALaxer

Harford County Football

1,368 posts in this topic

CMW- I'm gonna have to go with Ethan Miller he has a knack for finding the ball carrier

Fallston-Antonio Johnson, I have seen Antonio play only a few times but can say his instincts as a Safety are relentless. The kid can flat out play football and should be highly recruited this year.

Bel Air- Chris Oross, the kid is also a top linebacker in the UCBAC, he is one of the strongest kids I have ever seen. He should also be highly recruited.

I dont think anyone at fallston or bel air is highly recruited or your defination of highly is very low.

I doubt anyone in the county is "highly" recruited.

What did chris oross do last year? I dont remeber hearing his name.

I am thinking Jake Mcginnes as one of the top LB in the county. I am sure Aberdeen will also have a good one too. But who knows if the kid will stay at Deen or transfer to HDG.

What is going on with HDG if Brooks leaves is Hines going to stay. It would be nice to see Hines back at Joppatowne.

Antonio Johnson was he from Joppatowne? I remember when Ivory left from Joppatowne to go to Fallson another kid also left.

If everyone at Joppatowne is allowed to play then they will win the UCBAC. They might even go undefeated but I dont know who is on the rest of thier schedule. Tucker was at a passing camp this summer. That O will be very dangerous if they start passing. They have a tight end that can catch and put Harper at WR and FB with Henely in the backfield. Harper also used to play QB in rec.

Does anyone have any schedules out yet?

Brooks is not going anywhere. He will be at Havre de Grace for the '08 season. The Overlea job, which he accepted, fell through because the teaching position he was promissed didn't pan out. I would look for Hines to stay a Warrior and put up big numbers against lower league competition.

The kid from Aberdeen will stay at Aberdeen. They now have some stability in their coaching staff so I wouldn't expect too many transfers out of the Aberdeen area. Seamson and Brooks have already gotten into it off the field, so when they meet this year, it should be an interesting game. I don't think either coach will hold back if given the opportunity.

I agree with J-town's assertion that no athlete in Harford County will be "highly" recruited this year. The county is going to experience another down year.

Look for Joppatowne to win the upper league with Fallston and Edgewood competing for second. Aberdeen should win the lower league with Patterson Mill or Havre de Grace finishing second. Whomever finishes second in the lower league should earn the 4th seed in the 1A playoffs at an 11th game vs Joppatowne.

Brooks is not going anywhere. He will be at Havre de Grace for the '08 season. The Overlea job, which he accepted, fell through because the teaching position he was promissed didn't pan out. I would look for Hines to stay a Warrior and put up big numbers against lower league competition.

The kid from Aberdeen will stay at Aberdeen. They now have some stability in their coaching staff so I wouldn't expect too many transfers out of the Aberdeen area. Seamson and Brooks have already gotten into it off the field, so when they meet this year, it should be an interesting game. I don't think either coach will hold back if given the opportunity.

I agree with J-town's assertion that no athlete in Harford County will be "highly" recruited this year. The county is going to experience another down year.

Look for Joppatowne to win the upper league with Fallston and Edgewood competing for second. Aberdeen should win the lower league with Patterson Mill or Havre de Grace finishing second. Whomever finishes second in the lower league should earn the 4th seed in the 1A playoffs at an 11th game vs Joppatowne.

Dont forget about Elkton and North East they are both 2a schools. So the second place team might not even be a 1a school.

Why would you think PM would do that good. Alot of PM kids came from Bel Air and Bel Air hasnt done anything since the Berry Brothers.

Why didnt Elkton move up?

I know they fought it last year.

Why are they scared?

I do know Elktons Head coach stepped down over the winter. Who is the new coach?

If Siemsen doesnt start putting the ball in the endzone he is going to start loosing kids.

Dont forget about Elkton and North East they are both 2a schools. So the second place team might not even be a 1a school.

Why would you think PM would do that good. Alot of PM kids came from Bel Air and Bel Air hasnt done anything since the Berry Brothers.

Why didnt Elkton move up?

I know they fought it last year.

Why are they scared?

I do know Elktons Head coach stepped down over the winter. Who is the new coach?

If Siemsen doesnt start putting the ball in the endzone he is going to start loosing kids.

J-towne, I normally agree with your posts but you have to catch up on your information.

First, Elkton and Rising Sun were moved up to the upper league for the '08 season. The upper league coaches complained that it would be harder for them to fill a mid-season game then it would be for lower league teams. There are 8 teams in the upper league and 7 teams in the lower league. Once upper league play starts (week 4) there are no byes. They play the season out in the league. Lower league teams will also start league play week 4, but each school has a mid-season game they need to fill. The lower league consists of Patterson Mill, Havre de Grace, Harford Tech, Aberdeen, North East, Perryville and Bo Manor.

Second, Patterson Mill will be competitive. They are playing 6 lower league games and two soft out of county games. Mason is one of the best coaches in the county. He will have Patterson Mill prepared and ready for each game. Last year they went 8 and 2 losing only to Gilman and Curley. I don't think any JV in Harford county would have beaten either one of those to JV teams. Each year in the 1A, a record of 5 and 5 gets you close, if not in. Havre de Grace and Patterson Mill have the ability to go at least 6 and 4, which gets them the #4 seed in the region.

Third, Bel Air has struggled of late. Key reason, Belcastro was in over his head. A new coaching staff brings a new philosophy. The program can now begin moving in the right direction again. I have heard the kids are working much harder this offseason then they have the past few years.

Finally, Seimson finished his first year at Aberdeen with a 4 and 6 record. He brought those kids back from a 1 and 9 disaster the year before. He knocked off Fallston in week 9 and nearly beat Bel Air in week 10. Aberdeen experienced much more success in the second half of their season, which was expected because it takes time for kids to buy into a new coaches style/system. The program is going into the lower league for the second time in five years. The last time they were down there they made the 2A playoffs. He, nor those kids are going anywhere. They will put up some good numbers against lower league teams.

J-towne, I normally agree with your posts but you have to catch up on your information.

First, Elkton and Rising Sun were moved up to the upper league for the '08 season. The upper league coaches complained that it would be harder for them to fill a mid-season game then it would be for lower league teams. There are 8 teams in the upper league and 7 teams in the lower league. Once upper league play starts (week 4) there are no byes. They play the season out in the league. Lower league teams will also start league play week 4, but each school has a mid-season game they need to fill. The lower league consists of Patterson Mill, Havre de Grace, Harford Tech, Aberdeen, North East, Perryville and Bo Manor.

Second, Patterson Mill will be competitive. They are playing 6 lower league games and two soft out of county games. Mason is one of the best coaches in the county. He will have Patterson Mill prepared and ready for each game. Last year they went 8 and 2 losing only to Gilman and Curley. I don't think any JV in Harford county would have beaten either one of those to JV teams. Each year in the 1A, a record of 5 and 5 gets you close, if not in. Havre de Grace and Patterson Mill have the ability to go at least 6 and 4, which gets them the #4 seed in the region.

Third, Bel Air has struggled of late. Key reason, Belcastro was in over his head. A new coaching staff brings a new philosophy. The program can now begin moving in the right direction again. I have heard the kids are working much harder this offseason then they have the past few years.

Finally, Seimson finished his first year at Aberdeen with a 4 and 6 record. He brought those kids back from a 1 and 9 disaster the year before. He knocked off Fallston in week 9 and nearly beat Bel Air in week 10. Aberdeen experienced much more success in the second half of their season, which was expected because it takes time for kids to buy into a new coaches style/system. The program is going into the lower league for the second time in five years. The last time they were down there they made the 2A playoffs. He, nor those kids are going anywhere. They will put up some good numbers against lower league teams.

I did not know that Elkton moved up. I knew Rising sun did. I am suprised the moved up two teams. Once I heard that RS moved up and Deen moved down I didnt look anymore into it. Good for Elkton to step up.

Did PM play and in county schools? I am not going to expect anything out of them in they have a full Varsity season. I hope they do do good and it would be great if they did make the playoffs in thier first year.

Aberdeen should not be in the lower league being they are a 3a school. But they have been at the bottom of the UCBAC so what are they to do. The sad part is they probly will make the playoffs and then get spanked in a first round away game against the #1 seed.

I think the HDG will take that last spot. It will be the same as last year Joppatowne, Cambridge SD. Snowhill and HDG. Snow Hill still has that same RB Deron Jenkins and he should be a beast this year. HDG also has a chance of winning the susquehanna division.

What do you mean Bel Air has struggled as of late. Since 98 Bel Air has only had 3 winning season 98, 03, and 04.

4 winning seasons. They went 8-2 in 97 and just missed the playoffs. But anyways what is up with North Harford? How do you guys think they will do this year and will they be as good as last year?

4 winning seasons. They went 8-2 in 97 and just missed the playoffs. But anyways what is up with North Harford? How do you guys think they will do this year and will they be as good as last year?

I was just going back to 98. I didnt say anything about 97. Here is some more trivia for you 96 2-8 and 95 4-6

NH had a good JV team but Griffen really led that O. Is there someone to replace him?

I was wondering if anyone was going to ask about NH. I think pti may be sleeping on them a bit. Probably not as good as last year but certainly very good. They do have a good QB coming up from JV (he is a junior this year).

I agree that Joppatowne is the team to beat in the upper. CMW should improve in the coming years (maybe even this year already) with a new coach and renewed interest.

here are my top players

bel air- oross and fisher

fallston- ivory and weinhold and johnson

nh- davis and tyrell

cmw- miller

jtowne- mcginnes (not sure of the spelling)

htech- none

edgewood- the RB not sure of his name tho

aberdeen- i heard they have a decent LB but again im not sure of his name

any other names people might think?

To answer one of the above posts: The Elkton coach (Russell) has decided to come back for one more year. They had a nice squad last year getting to the final 4 in the 2A tx before being knocked off by River Hill. Should have a decent squad but probably no where like last year.

To answer one of the above posts: The Elkton coach (Russell) has decided to come back for one more year. They had a nice squad last year getting to the final 4 in the 2A tx before being knocked off by River Hill. Should have a decent squad but probably no where like last year.

Good to know.

here are my top players

bel air- oross and fisher

fallston- ivory and weinhold and johnson

nh- davis and tyrell

cmw- miller

jtowne- mcginnes (not sure of the spelling)

htech- none

edgewood- the RB not sure of his name tho

aberdeen- i heard they have a decent LB but again im not sure of his name

any other names people might think?

some more names to Joppatowne.

Henely and Harper. Both RB had around 1000 yards last year. Kieth Niel and David Miller are another 2 to wathch out for. We will be mentioning these same names again next year. All 5 of these kids started last year on Varsity and were sophmores.

I was wondering if anyone was going to ask about NH. I think pti may be sleeping on them a bit. Probably not as good as last year but certainly very good. They do have a good QB coming up from JV (he is a junior this year).

I agree that Joppatowne is the team to beat in the upper. CMW should improve in the coming years (maybe even this year already) with a new coach and renewed interest.

I'm not sleeping on NH, I just don't think they will contend for the upper title this year. Griffin was the man and made play after play for them last year. He is the best QB to come out of HarCo since Andrew Berry at Bel Air. It's nice they have a young QB ready to step in but you don't fill those shoes easily, no matter how talented he is.

Also, they graduated 21 seniors from teams that went to the playoffs the past two seasons. It's tough to replace that talent and experience.

Don't discount the loss of Coach Yon. There is a reason he is now the head coach at CMW. He knows football, is intense in his prepartation and coaching, and can motivate kids to play to their best. NH has been a good program the past couple of years for many reason and Coach Yon is one of them. He will be missed on the Hawk sideline as much as any one of the 21 seniors that graduated last year.

Brinkman will do a nice job, but I think they will be 6 and 4 and out of contention for the upper title by week 9.

It took me a minute but I see now how my post could be misconstrued. When I said sleeping on NH I meant they will be in the mix as much as Fallston or Edgewood. Beating Joppa will be a very tall order. I had them down for 7-3.

edgewood graduated alot of players i think and fallston wasnt too great last year

edgewood graduated alot of players i think and fallston wasnt too great last year

For your information, Edgewood always seems to graduate a lot of players and their JV has not been solid the past few years. However, their varsity teams have been very competitive because of the system they currently have in place.

They carry between 25 and 30 athletes each season on their Varsity squad (average about 10 athletes per class - Soph, Junior, Senior). They lose 1/3 of their team each year, but their core has experience and their coaching staff puts them in positions to win.

I never said them or Fallston would be able to knock off Joppatowne, but second place in the county is wide open. I think North Harford lost too much to compete for second place.

Fallston has three outstanding skilled seniors; Ivory (RB), Burrel (WR) and Weinhold (position not determined). As I said before, I believe Weinhold to be one of the best football players in the county. I feel they can beat North Harford, Bel Air and CM Wright this season. They won't contend for upper league championship, but they will contend for second place in the league.

does fallston play patterson mill?

and fallston always starts out again teams that arent too great in the beggining of the season. the bel air fallston game should be another good one this year but i would look out for bel air to surprise some people this year

Patterson Mill does not play Fallston this year. Bel Air is an interesting situation. New coach with new ideas and schemes. Key to their success will be finding a QB. They don't have one right now.

The Fallston vs Bel Air game is typically a close game. I know I keep pumping him up, but I don't feel anyone on Bel Air can stay with Weinhold. He is just too versatile. It should be a good game and it is way too early to start predicting outcomes.

Patterson Mill does not play Fallston this year. Bel Air is an interesting situation. New coach with new ideas and schemes. Key to their success will be finding a QB. They don't have one right now.

The Fallston vs Bel Air game is typically a close game. I know I keep pumping him up, but I don't feel anyone on Bel Air can stay with Weinhold. He is just too versatile. It should be a good game and it is way too early to start predicting outcomes.

I agree that a coaching change at Bel Air is a good thing. As you stated earlier, Belcastro was over his head and seemed to have some problems dealing with the kids, at least from what I heard from players and parents. Very much a total my way or highway, which you need to be tough but also need to work with the talent you have and change your system based on that.

I am just as curious as to Alegi, the new coach who was the head coach for HDG JV. What type of systems did he run? What was he like?

Hopefully he can get BA playing well as they have been down for a long time based on them being 3A school. Their playoff runs have largely been Berry induced. Going to the playoffs 4 times since 1998 isn't a great record considering the school size.

I really hope they rebound and get more consistent in the playoff area. You are right about the Fallston game. It is always a big game no matter what each teams record is, it brings the best out of both teams as far as intensity. Which usually equates to a great game.

I am looking forward to the HS season getting under way. It is a great time of year in Harford County.

I think its harford counties toughest years. . . two schools have to play every game on the road, 3 new head coaches including john carrol who need time to get their programs going. . .the lone bright spot is patterson mill starting their varsity programs but how successful can they be with just juniors? I have heard nothing about them. I think it will be a long year for them and the county

I think its harford counties toughest years. . . two schools have to play every game on the road, 3 new head coaches including john carrol who need time to get their programs going. . .the lone bright spot is patterson mill starting their varsity programs but how successful can they be with just juniors? I have heard nothing about them. I think it will be a long year for them and the county

I believe Edgewood will play some games at Cunion Field and I believe that Bel Air will play some games at HCC

Anyone know why Bel Air is not playing JC this year? For years this has been the opening game for JC but this year Bel Air only agreed to a scrimmage.

Bel Air decided not to play a regular season game against JC because with the point system and playoffs, bel air doesnt recieve points if they win so they only agreed to a scrimmage. i dont understand why they wouldnt want to play them because its usually an easy win.