Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BALaxer

Harford County Football

1,368 posts in this topic

Let's be honest.. All-county selections are a crap shoot, especially in a sport like football. The Aegis typically does a lousy job and they are local 'sportswriters' who have at least seen the teams play. To expect the Sunpaper to have a clue is even more absurd. You could take the Aegis football and soccer selections from this year make an argument against half the kids that are on the both teams. That will never change. And of course if the local paper can't get it right - what chance does the Sunpaper have.

This past week we attended the US Army National Combine. If anyone would like to discuss or has questions about the event, please PM me. I would be glad to share the experience.

http://mdhigh.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1067363

Dezmon Hall

This kid is honestly not that good of a football player. This is coming from someone who has seen him play. Given he is a great athlete, strong, quick, and fast but he’s not a dominant football player. Dylan Burke, Mike Montgomery...only to name a few who tore Dezmon Hall apart. Just because a kid looks good on paper doesn’t mean he’s about to go play for a solid division 1 football program. And to be honest he doesn’t even hit that hard. There were players that played for Bel Air not only last year but previous years as well that were just as physical if not more physical that were overlooked because of a coach created hype for Dezmon Hall. Marc Alegi...open your eyes

Dezmon Hall

This kid is honestly not that good of a football player. This is coming from someone who has seen him play. Given he is a great athlete, strong, quick, and fast but he’s not a dominant football player. Dylan Burke, Mike Montgomery...only to name a few who tore Dezmon Hall apart. Just because a kid looks good on paper doesn’t mean he’s about to go play for a solid division 1 football program. And to be honest he doesn’t even hit that hard. There were players that played for Bel Air not only last year but previous years as well that were just as physical if not more physical that were overlooked because of a coach created hype for Dezmon Hall. Marc Alegi...open your eyes

I hope he does make it to the next level. Good Luck to him.

I heard that Del Harris from JC is going to be at CMW next year. This is a kid that has played with Rawlings for years in rec at Bel Air. I heard he was pretty good.

Dezmon Hall

This is still a kid. Perhaps you should act like an adult and make constuctive critisizms. It sounds to me like perhaps he took your son's spot. Grow up.

Cut this kid some slack. Is it his fault that he has some natural ability and colleges have shown interest? I am sure if other BA players wanted game film and or Coach Alegi to support them in the recruiting process he would.

I was at the Patterson Mill game when Burke burnt Hall the entire evening. Seemed like that week the BA staff felt Hall could shut down Burke rather than supporting him in coverages that did not have him on an island with Burke. I believe this kid was moved in and out of every skilled position the past year from BA so cut him some slack on two sub par performance having to stay 1 on 1 with two of the top receivers in the county.

He has a year in MD under his belt and hopefully has adjusted to his new home so look for the break out to continue.

I hope he does make it to the next level. Good Luck to him.

I heard that Del Harris from JC is going to be at CMW next year. This is a kid that has played with Rawlings for years in rec at Bel Air. I heard he was pretty good.

Harris is leaving John Carroll but may not end up at CMW.

Rumor has it he will either be playing for Rawlings at St. Paul's or may go to Curley.

It's a shame it didn't work out for him at JC. He's a very nice kid and a great player.

Wish him the best.

I heard that Coach Alegi from Bel Air got fired, any truth to this ?

True- the principle is an idiot and so is the AD.

From what I read online http://www.exploreharford.com it sounds like his teaching position was cut. I know from friends this happens, and when schools lose teaching positions the teachers with the most seniority stay. He will be able to teach at another building, and the school may have felt they wanted a coach in the building.

He could have been retained as the coach even if he was out of the building. The varsity Boys Basketball and boys soccer coaches are both out of the building. I feel bad for the players. This will be the 4th head coach in 5 or 6 years I think. It sounds like Bel Air has a problem with the AD and or Principle not with its head coaches. It was looking like the Bel Air boys could have a good year this year with the late wins last season and I heard there JV program did very well. Now it looks like another rebuilding year even with the Hall kid. My heart goes out to the players in that program!

I agree, Bel Air looked like they were going to have a good year. It's ashame there isnt more consistancy other wise the program could be in good shape. I believe Bel Air has some decent players this year also.

I thought beting Deen atthe end of last year might hae saved his job.

I thought beating Deen at the end of last year might hae saved his job.

There is seriously something wrong with the Principle and the AD.

The AD screams at other teachers and students. Basically, she is very verbally abusive. The Principle- well the kids feel like he doesn't care about them. He's like talking to a wall. I really don't know what is general problem is. I heard that Bel Air had more request for transfers then any other school in the county. Morale is down- there is no spirit there. It is basically because of these two. I don't know why the administration allows this to continue. It is very sad for the kids, but clearly he isn't thinking of them. The Principle has/had some goal to have all his coaches in the school (meaning teachers)-Can someone explain the importance of that??? If the coach can't coach and they aren't winning- what does that prove?

Phyllis is a nut job, I've witnessed her berate students for no apparent reason and I hear all the other AD's avoid sitting near her at the athletic meetings.

He could have been retained as the coach even if he was out of the building. The varsity Boys Basketball and boys soccer coaches are both out of the building. I feel bad for the players. This will be the 4th head coach in 5 or 6 years I think. It sounds like Bel Air has a problem with the AD and or Principle not with its head coaches. It was looking like the Bel Air boys could have a good year this year with the late wins last season and I heard there JV program did very well. Now it looks like another rebuilding year even with the Hall kid. My heart goes out to the players in that program!

The problem with keeping him is that you don't know where he will end up being a teacher. What if he gets put at an elementary school 35 mins away. Practice couldn't start until almost 5 pm, or he shows up late everyday. Now I am sure that if he was more successful he may have had a better chance at keeping his job.